Author Topic: Jasper and Zeta update  (Read 1378 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Jasper and Zeta update
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 09:23:01 AM »
Aww, am glad you got them insured, take it he will be having his tests once the 2 week period is up?

Your poor mum!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 16:43:17 PM »
Thanks all, yep, got them insured - with M&S, only just had the confirmation about Jasper, but not had Zeta's for some reason, must phone up about that!

Jasper is still drinking and weeing a lot, but seems fine in himself, quite lively in fact!

As for my mum's funny turns  ;) - well! Last week she had an infection (waterworks!) which sent her completely doolally  :Crazy: - she's usually quite alert, but suddenly she started speaking and it could have been a foreign language, because I couldnt understand any of it - but she was completely oblivious! This weekend she had awful muscle spasms in her back rendering her almost completely immobile.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 18:18:41 PM »
Glad they're settling in and blossoming under your care.  Good that Zeta is expanding her repertoire!  How's Jasper doing?  Was it Jasper you were worried about and were going to get blood tests for?

Hope your mum's ok too.

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2007, 17:59:39 PM »
Glad they are eating more now.  Hopefully they will settle in well with the others - they're probably shocked at seeing so many cats!
Sorry about your Mum, mine also has a habit of having funny turns at the weekend and it's very tiring.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 17:54:24 PM »
Good to hear that they are settling in OK  ;D

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 17:50:21 PM »
Am glad to hear they are eating better and good luck with the intros
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 17:25:16 PM »
You must be so relieved they have started eating more normally. Have you got them insured yet? It took me ages to decide who to go with!

Best wishes to your mum  :hug:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 17:08:13 PM »
Hi Gillian

Great news that Jasper and Zeta are settling in  :)

Five minutes is a long time when you have so many kitties to watch  :evillaugh:

Hope your Mum is ok and try and get some rest  :hug:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Jasper and Zeta update
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 17:04:22 PM »
Well my two new 'old timers'  ;D Jasper and Zeta are blossoming day by day. Zeta is finally eating from a plate  :cheer: - umm, sometimes!! Her repertoire of food is growing too - she will eat chunks of raw beef, lamb, heart, minced beef and she's sort of ok with Natures Menu, so thankfully I am gradually weaning her off the wafer thin chicken  :censored:  !! Jasper will eat pretty much anything - and from a plate  :yayyy:

Its been 2 weeks now, and they have the run of the upstairs, while the others have all the downstairs, then at night they go back into their 'safe' room! and the others can then have the run of the house as usual. This morning I left the door open to upstairs, and Zeta came down to investigate, so I was nervously watching for reactions - a couple of mine were curious - bit too curious for Zeta's liking, she hissed right in Lucy's face - Lucy's face was a picture!! Then Jasper decided to come down - yikes!! he wasnt hissy, but a bit bewildered by all the cat faces staring at him - phewww - 5 minutes was all I could stand having to watch everyone like a hawk! So got Jasp and Zet back upstairs again and breathed a sigh of relief - have another go tomorrow - maybe!  ;D

It hasnt helped that my mum took a funny turn last weekend - why is it always a Sunday?!! Emergency trip to hospital, then this afternoon again had to call emergency doctor out - I feel a bit drained now!!

Link to CatChat