Author Topic: CATTERIES.  (Read 1852 times)

Offline Lindyloo

• Adult Cat
Re: CATTERIES.
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »
While on the subject of catteries I wanted to say not all catteries are like this.
 At Coopers Croft we have had 2 "strays" turn up here at different times . Maybe they were left here as we are a cattery, I don't know, but in both cases we took responsibility for the cats ,fed and cared for them at no charge while we tried to trace an owner. After several weeks we decided they would need a new home. The first cat was given a home by a member of the garden centre staff next door. The second cat was taken in and subsequently rehomed by the RSPCA Bluebell Ridge Cats Home.
We have also had two cases of owners dying while their cat was placed with us. We did eventually get paid from their estates for their stay with us but I can assure you there was never any possibility of these cats being put out until a new home was found for them. One was taken by one of our customers who had lost there cat(died that is). The other was given a home by the secretary of the solicitor dealing with the estate!
Lynn

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2007, 11:27:59 AM »
oh dear. they do not sound like a cattery you'd want to be sending your cat to.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 11:26:34 AM »
Oh my word, that is not something you want to hear.   :scared:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2007, 18:53:07 PM »
Not sounding good!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 18:41:11 PM »
Found out today the cattery had even given us the wrong neme for the cat, they told us it was Misty when in fact it is Sweep Just hope they have given the right cat.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

fuzziesdad

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 16:33:00 PM »
something very odd there dont ya think ?

Very odd indeed. we have advised the previous owner of the cat (now we have the cat out) to only pay up to the time we said we would have the cat. It used to be a very good  cattery and the the owner died and her husband took over and things have gone down hill a bit. I was very shocked when Donna told me what the owner had said to her as only a few weeks before I had spoken to him and thought to myself I don't like you , you are only in it for the money now. I now know my thought were true.

OMG this sound just like the cattery that ron had dealings with about a year ago they lost some ladies cat and shrugged their shoulders as though it did not matter also sue of mymoggy lost her cat because they delivered her cat to someone who was expecting another cat opened the basket and out tilly jumped.
the mind boggles as to how stupid some people can be, it is to be remembered that catteries do not keep your cat for nothing they are there to make a profit some of them have a love of cats,some just a love of money.   

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 16:13:12 PM »
Definitely sounds like the cattery owner just wanted to keep the cat there for the money.

But it is about 14
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 04:47:26 AM by Ela »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 16:10:29 PM »
Definitely sounds like the cattery owner just wanted to keep the cat there for the money.   >:(

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 16:01:48 PM »

Very odd indeed. we have advised the previous owner of the cat (now we have the cat out) to only pay up to the time we said we would have the cat. It used to be a very good  cattery and the the owner died and her husband took over and things have gone down hill a bit. I was very shocked when Donna told me what the owner had said to her as only a few weeks before I had spoken to him and thought to myself I don't like you , you are only in it for the money now. I now know my thought were true.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 15:48:11 PM »
how very odd ela, if the cattery said they werent a charity then that would suggest the man wasnt paying for the 2 wks but im sure they wouldnt have told donna they would find a home  :Crazy: :Crazy:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
CATTERIES.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 15:42:08 PM »
About four weeks ago a man rang me and asked if we could take in his 14-year-old cat as he was going to work abroad. I said that we would but we had a waiting list so was it possible that he could put it in a cattery for. a couple of weeks then I promised I would take the cat in. After about 10 days Donna rang the  owner of the cattery and advised that we would take in it as she had a space, but the cattery owner said Oh! no it is such a lovely cat it is OK  I will find a home for it.  Wonderful we thought, A couple of days ago the owner of the cat rang us in a panic could we take in his cat as the owner of the cattery had rung him and told him he was not a Charity and could he come ad get his cat. Although we really don’t have a space Donna went today to pick upon the cat and she was told oh! It’s a lovely cat I have spent loads of time cuddling it. Donna asked the cats name and she was told Oh! I don’t know I will have to look at the paper work. Not the right answer in my opinion. Later on today I hope to have a pic if the cat on the gallery on our site. As usually it is a golden oldie. What a surprise.

I appreciate that not all catteries are the same.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 15:44:00 PM by Ela »

Link to CatChat