Author Topic: Avior Carriers  (Read 4112 times)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Re: Avior Carriers
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 11:22:37 AM »
finally got the carrier from the OH when I got home last night..........its great, the girls were obviously far more interested in the large cardboard box that it came in and at the moment it is a new addition to my lounge furniture  :shify:  Anyway opened the top of the carrier and both of their own accord jumped in for a sniff etc, closed the lid on them and gave them both a stroke through the hatch, no problems. 

What's the betting that when its time for their trip to the vets it won't go that smoothly haha  :rofl:
People who don't like cats were mice in a previous life!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2007, 14:21:39 PM »
With the seat belt slots you slide one side in then push down on the thin plastic bit on the opposite side, the other side of the belt material will pop over into the other side. I don't think the top would come off in an accident, think what happens when you are strapped in and you brake really hard - the seatbelt puts pressure onto your chest so if anything it would push the lid downwards.  I agree about it being rubbish if it's raining, the time I used it in the rain I held my umbrella over it and got wet myself instead!

The stroking hatch is the best thing about it in my opinion, it was lovely to be able to comfort Tiggy while we were waiting  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2007, 10:16:50 AM »
Well the carrier got it's first outing today as Mosi had to go to the vets.  Nobody commented on it but I was the only one in the waiting room!  Easy to get Mosi in it at this end and out at the other but when it came to putting him back in it to come home what a battle!  He didn't want to go in it and as soon as we let go of him to clip the front back on he'd be out!  It's quite hard to get the front bit back on as you have to make sure it's slotted in right at the top so if you have a cat making a dash for it you need to be very quick.  It might actually be easier to take the whole top off as you could probably put that on quicker.  I also couldn't work out how to do the seat belt through the slots so just put it through the handle like I would with a normal carrier.  I did wonder while I was driving whether it might not be better to just put the seat belt around the base of the carrier, if it's long enough.  I worried that in an accident the top might come off if the seat belt was attached to the top.  The only other downside is that the holes in the covers are quite big so if it's raining the cat could get pretty wet!

All in all though it was a good carrier and I liked it.  The size and shape fitted on the back seat in the car nicely.  There was plenty of room for Mosi and I used the petting hole thing when we were at the vets - he enjoyed having a stroke while we waited.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2007, 08:57:44 AM »
ok so the must have dream carrier got delivery to hubby at work yesterday (easier to get home as he drives) so I was all excited about opening it when I got home..............only to find that he'd forgotten to bring it home from work!!!  >:( >:( Needless to say he wasn't very popular and will be getting a phonecall each hour today to remind him to bring it home tonight   ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2007, 21:50:58 PM »
It will be laminated already  ;D

Offline Lyn-Su

• Senior Cat
  • Fearne
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2007, 21:48:37 PM »
My carrier came today - hurrah :cheer: got a blue one which is good cos it matches Dylan's wire carrier which is blue too. I got the free dog bowl too, they just included it without asking me, it's a really nice one so will give it to my sis for her 3 pooches. Very impressed with the Avior carrier and it's bigger than I expected from the picture. Will have to get some of the fab new Purrs stickers for both of their carriers although with Dylan's being wire I may have to think how I can attach it. Hope yours has come now Liza seeing as how you were the one who found them for us!

Stick the sticker to some card, Laminate it, hole punch it, and then use some of those cable tie thingys to attach it to the carrier.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2007, 17:07:17 PM »
Its arrived today - very excited about getting home to open it!!!!!  Will also have to get a Purrs sticker for it can't wait to use it when the girls go to the vets for their annual jabs  :evillaugh:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2007, 17:03:34 PM »
My carrier came today - hurrah :cheer: got a blue one which is good cos it matches Dylan's wire carrier which is blue too. I got the free dog bowl too, they just included it without asking me, it's a really nice one so will give it to my sis for her 3 pooches. Very impressed with the Avior carrier and it's bigger than I expected from the picture. Will have to get some of the fab new Purrs stickers for both of their carriers although with Dylan's being wire I may have to think how I can attach it. Hope yours has come now Liza seeing as how you were the one who found them for us!

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2007, 14:39:32 PM »
Haven't had a call about mine yet, hope it comes Monday cos I'm on hols from work all next week yay!!!

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
I want mine!!!!!!!!!!  Don't think I've got anything free  :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2007, 10:37:31 AM »
He's been! He's been!  Carrier just arrived. Bright Red!!! Fab.

The dog bowl is a travelling bowl you fill with water but doesn't spill. My neighbour will find it really useful as she takes the dogs on long trips to her sister.  All in all I'd say really good value

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2007, 09:09:15 AM »
Avoir rang me yesterday to say delivery expected for Monday and asked if I wanted a free dog bowl that is currently on offer.  I said yes as neighbour has 2 Tibetan Spaniels (they look a bit like Lady from Walt Disney's Lady & The Tramp-cute as buttons so I hope the bowl isn't too big)  Nice company

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2007, 09:48:31 AM »
It is under consideration Witty and our great leader thinks she can do it  ;D ;D

Oh Gillie that would be great and also a sticker for cars  :evillaugh: just thought I would throw that one in  :stir:
« Last Edit: March 29, 2007, 11:35:04 AM by Ellie (Mupps & Rascal's slave) »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 00:40:46 AM »
It is under consideration Witty and our great leader thinks she can do it  ;D ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2007, 22:32:46 PM »
AFAIK the Avior doesn't come with a pad in the bottom - mine didn't. However, an offcut of carpet or a piece of vet bed works a treat.

The stroking hatch is lovely to use, but I have to be really careful where and when I use it as Pearl can squeeze through the hole!!!  :doh:

OT, a Purrs sticker / badge to download and print off would be lovely. It allows those of us who show with the GCCF to be identified by other Purrs members at shows without breaking rules as we're not allowed to advertise our presence or our cats' presence at shows in the public domain.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2007, 17:15:19 PM »
Thats a good idea, our Purrs logo at the top could be used, must mention this to the boss  :rofl:
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 17:18:23 PM by Gill (sneakiefeline) »

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2007, 10:25:55 AM »

Or at shows... You can't miss my very bright yellow one!  :rofl:
[/quote]

We'll have to have little "I'm a Purrs Cat" stickers for their carriers at shows for those cats who don't have an Avoir lol.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2007, 10:24:07 AM »
Just had a call from the supplier - my carrier is being sent today (should receive it Friday).  The reason for the call was they wanted to check if I would like a yellow top instead of the blue shown on the picture.  I also mentioned that they may receive a higher volume of orders........he laughed and said yesterday they received mine plus 3 others  (thought I may have recommended to friends) but they noticed they were from around the country.  So I explained about our "gang" here.  He's going to order more so he has them in stock should more of you decide you want one.  Just to let you know that they don't have a little matress with them - thought he might offer me one for free after the orders but no such luck  ;)

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 09:01:35 AM »
I'm so excited about mine arriving - fingers crossed Cruz will like it to!!!

Will try and get of pic of her in it..............hopefully it won't take to long to get to me.

Glad you found the link of use  :wow:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 00:08:18 AM »
When booking our boys into cattery today, amongst list of requirements were secure cat carriers and thought our old wicker basket that I secure with string was unlikely to pass muster so I've ordered one of these. Blue will do nicely and looking forward to finding out how the stroking hatch works  ;D

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 21:24:23 PM »
They're going to become a sort of Purrs uniform, aren't they?  :rofl:  If you see anyone else at the vets with one of these carriers they're probably a purrs peep so say hello!

Or at shows... You can't miss my very bright yellow one!  :rofl:

It's all my fault, I was the one who started this craze...  :oh noo: But they are exellent and well-designed carriers and well worth it  you can get one.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 19:40:22 PM »
OH might have to get one of these for my new arrival  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 18:19:52 PM »
They're going to become a sort of Purrs uniform, aren't they?  :rofl:  If you see anyone else at the vets with one of these carriers they're probably a purrs peep so say hello!

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 18:14:07 PM »
Thanks so much for that link I've just ordered one for Hobbes. At least when he goes to the vet in a month's time for you know what  :evillaugh: he'll arrive in style. Been trying everywhere to get one of these so very very grateful  :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 14:55:09 PM »
lol!  I'll be sitting there making sure it's visible so that everyone can see it and comment on it  :rofl:  I'll be really offended if no-one says anything!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 14:47:44 PM »
I'm actually looking forward to it as he'll be going in his new Avior carrier  ;D

I know, The first time I took Tiggy to the vets in hers I felt like a proud Mum taking her newborn baby out for the first time - she was 18 though!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 14:39:52 PM »
Me too, Helen!  I must save that link for if I want another one.

Mosi is at the vets next week for his vaccinations (can't believe I've had him a year!) and I'm actually looking forward to it as he'll be going in his new Avior carrier  ;D

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 14:39:04 PM »
When I looked a week or so ago couldn't find them in the UK........which is strange as they're only made across the water in Italy (found loads for US but couldn't be dealing with the huge shipping cost).

Just lucky I think!!  Hopefully others can get them too now.  Think Cruz will be the lucky girl with the new box, she's more "highly strung" as the vet said last time so fingers crossed I can keep her calm with the stroking hatch  :shy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 14:35:41 PM »
Wow, you must be good on google! I was googling for weeks to try and find one and almost ended up importing one from the US!  They are really good though, I got loads of people asking me where I got it when I went to the vets.

Offline Liza

• Senior Cat
  • My girls Cruz & Jet
Avior Carriers
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 14:27:49 PM »
Hi all just to let you know I've just order an Avior Carrier on-line.  Tried Tesco's Extra first but they were out of stock   :'( so googled it and came up with this link

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=&p=214&id=berrie

They have them in-stock (call Den Avior) the price is £18.96 plus 3.99 delivery!!!  Think they only have the grey/blue ones in stock

Cruz will be so pleased not to be crammed into the same carrier as Jet! 

Link to CatChat