Author Topic: Team , ( about the cat show sat )  (Read 3739 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: Team , ( about the cat show sat )
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2007, 19:28:27 PM »
was glad some Purrs people got to see his fluffy tummy in real life lol  :rofl:

And what a lovely tummy it was too!  ;D

Did you get out of paws inn without taking a cat with you?  :rofl:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2007, 15:04:11 PM »
Paws Inn was fab! All the cats were gorgeous but I have 3 absolute faves  ;D Currently in the process of unpacking the car so as soon as I find the camera cable I'll download photos lol. Can only post one or two so I don't get a yellow or red card lol.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2007, 13:37:40 PM »
Hi Lottie

How are you?

How was your visit to Pawsinn  ;D

We want lots of pics of Bilbo as some of us couldn't get to the shows  :evillaugh:

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 13:20:25 PM »
Titan Moon - and I think you can get an idea of his size from the pic!

He's the one Bilbo is always up against for Nominations lol. I got to have a cuddle with Titan and he's a very big boy but soooo soppy.

It was lovely to meet you and Cosmic at the show and Bilbo was glad some Purrs people got to see his fluffy tummy in real life lol  :rofl:

Must try and find my memory card reader later and download the pics from the weekend.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »
Well I had a good day on sunday.  Saw Bilbo and Charlotte again.  Bilbo did well and got his certificate.  Unfortunately Lottie wasn't feeling too well when me and my mate went back later in the afternoon to watch the best in show judging and was having trouble persuading the show organisers to let her go home (despite the fact that Bilbo had finished all his classes and a few others had been allowed to go).  She got to go in the end though.  Hope you're feeling better now, Charlotte.  We watched the best in show judging and, being used to the supreme, sat there waiting for all the "finalists" to go up against each other to get one overall winner, only for them to award several best in show awards then announce that that was the end!  :rofl: 

Still gobsmacked by the size of some of the cats there.  One of the massive ones was a maine coon on this website

http://www.ruskitamainecoons.co.uk/winners.html

He's the second down on the left - Titan Moon - and I think you can get an idea of his size from the pic!

We had a good time though and after GCCF shows I found it amusing that owners presented their own cats to the judges and when a cat was "knocked out" of the best in show judging the stewards just handed them to the owners over the front of the stage, resulting in people wandering around the hall carrying cats in their arms!  One woman sat in the front row to watch with her cat on her lap.

Met one amusingly snobby breeder/exhibitor.  We missed her class but judging by the BIS contenders, where there was another cat in that class through and hers wasn't, she didn't win her class so I was sad to have missed that as it could have been entertaining!

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 21:17:28 PM »
oh , i cant go tomorr it took me a hour and half to get there andwe have to pack for our move thurs  ;)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 21:16:34 PM »
hello susanne i went today too and met bilbo and lotty
he is lovely
i couldnt believe the size of the maine coons either , i have never been too bothered but said to ian the ho , i got to get myself one there like massive wild cats do all maine coons get that big
its a shame i didnt meet you ,lotty didnt say you were there , i watched bilbo been judged

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 20:59:03 PM »
Well I made a flying visit to the show today (am going properly tomorrow) and met the magnificent Bilbo Baggins  :Luv:  He's a big boy!  Mind you there were 2 other cats there that were HUGE!  I've seen maine coons and NFCs at the supreme before but have never noticed any that big.  Maybe I just didn't pay attention to them with so many cats, but blimey - the ones there today were massive.

Oh yeh - said hello to Lottie too  ;D  Will see her again tomorrow.  Did you get to go today Cosmic?  If you did, shame I didn't get to meet you (unless you're going again tomorrow)

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 19:37:17 PM »
Lol if you were going to the show you'd get a cuddle and a kiss from him as you're my team mate. Hoping to be home by 8pm tonight ready for the quiz! (still in uni, got a presentation tomorrow at 9.30am, yuck!)
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 19:35:12 PM »
its not my bday but i want one too lol

He'll give you a kiss as well then lol. He's a bit of a tart (although a lightweight tart at the mo).

Cool does that mean I get one too team mate  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 19:29:39 PM »

He'll give you a kiss as well then lol. He's a bit of a tart (although a lightweight tart at the mo).
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 22:42:45 PM »
Have fun at the show, folks! :wow: Do let us know how you all get on with visiting & exhibiting.  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 21:37:03 PM »
im sorry lotty i forgot your name so had to put team lol

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 21:36:07 PM »

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 14:27:43 PM »
Yes there are usually quite a few stalls (although varies from show to show) but usually a few litter ones, a few food and toy ones, scratchpost ones and some selling various bits and pieces. For your bank managers piece of mind leave the chequebook at home lol.

If you do go then in the catalogue if you find Catagory 2, Norwegian Forest Cats, Group 4 (agouti and white), Class 8 (CAPIB) Premier Male and then look for GB* Jotunkatts Bold Leader that will give you the pen number I'll be at all weekend.

Bilbo says if you do go he'll give you a kiss as it's your birthday.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 14:05:54 PM »
Oooo will be great if you go Susanne as then I'll get to meet two Purrs people lol.

Will definitely look you up if I do go.  It's all a bit up in the air at the moment as to whether I'm going as it's my birthday at the weekend and not entirely sure what I'm doing yet.  But as I live about 10 mins away from the venue it would be a shame if I didn't go.

I've only ever been to the supreme cat show and a couple of small GCCF ones so I've no idea what to expect with this one.  Will there be stalls etc selling cat stuff like at the supreme? 

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 13:38:07 PM »
Hello!

Both days are separate. Basically it is just like a normal 1 day show except it happens on Saturday and Sunday rather than just Sunday like 1 day shows (so cats that are entering can win a certificate on each day). Providing Persians have been entered for both days, which I'm sure they will have been, then they will be there on both days (there are usually a reasonable amount of Persians around at shows)

If you buy a catalogue when you get to the show it will list all the cats that are at the show (grouped by catagory and group) and next to their name it will show a number. If you look at the end of each row of pens it will list the numbers of the cats that are in that row so if you are looking for a specific colour Persian/Persian bred by a specific cattery to go and  :Luv: at then you can find it much more easily lol.

Oooo will be great if you go Susanne as then I'll get to meet two Purrs people lol.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 11:25:26 AM »
oh thanks susanne ,that confirms that there is one . I will be going sat and then if i want i can go back sun but havnt told the hubby that lol . I have had to bribe him with golf the next day lol

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2007, 22:58:01 PM »
No it's not a GCCF show - it's a FIFe show if it's this one you're talking about

http://www.aristocatsclub.co.uk/forms/07Mar-schedule-manchester.pdf

I may be going myself but can find very little information about it online.  I don't know how 2 day cat shows work - are the 2 days separate or does everything build up to a final on the second day?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2007, 21:44:06 PM »
Is it a GCCF show?

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 21:32:44 PM »
i would gill if i knew what it was called i have tried putting in manchester cat shoe in the serch but cant get it up
never mind il just go

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 21:03:33 PM »
Witty may know Cosmic  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 21:02:29 PM »
ASk them! Or if they have a website look on there  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Team , ( about the cat show sat )
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 20:20:01 PM »
you know the cat show at the weekend in manchester well i am going on sat but was wondering , are all breeds shown on sat or some sat and some sun cause i dont want to miss the persians  :Luv:

Link to CatChat