Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

Long-term Metacam for arthritis

<< < (2/13) > >>

Liz:
I have injectable Metacam from the vets due to a couple of mine having life long conditions and they only get it as and when, apart from that we carry on as normal, it is injected in to the scruff

We have it as I also do Jesters injections fortnightly and of course we are on diabetic number 4 and also get the boosters and Program for the outside cats so we don't need to trap them all the time and they can trap wary which may cause issues further along in their lives and again I get the stickers for them but vets don't sign the book

Dawn F:
I wouldn't be comfortable injecting I don't think, not unless I really had to

we use using royal canin - tilly is definitely moving better star is still looking a bit like and old carpet on her back end so we shall see!

Desley (booktigger):
Which food are you trying Dawn? My old vet recommended JD, but then Lucy developed early stage CKD, so she has a renal food with glucosamine in to also help (although it is now mixed with one that has some fibre stuff in for her hypercalcaemia). I’m sure Liz has mentioned injecting Metacam though. 

Dawn F:
its an oral thing gill, a liquid - we aren't doing it for either tilly or star at the moment we are trying supplemented food but go back the end of the month for a chat

Gill (sneakiefeline):
ITS A LONG TIME AGO BUT THINK I USED TO INJECT NAPOLEON WITH METACAM I KNOW I USED TI INJECT HIM WITH THE MEDS HE HAD AFTER A SEIZURE WHICH WENT ON BACK OF HIS NECK, IF METACAM DOESNT GO THERE I AM WRONG  :-[ MAYBE WORTH CHECKING WITH YOUR VET

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version