Author Topic: Long time, no post  (Read 1393 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Long time, no post
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2010, 18:56:32 PM »
Sorry to hear you lost purdey  :( :hug:
Bet you didnt get what you had in mind, i reckon a shorthair black one?

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2010, 17:30:41 PM »
Thanks for all the warm wishes. I don't think I'll ever stop missing Purdey nor did I realise how big a part of my life she had become in a very short space of time.

I do have some exciting news. We are back to six furballs with the addition today of a golden oldie. I think there is a more appropriate board for posting pics so watch that space!

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 20:30:36 PM »
Sorry you've lost friends this last year  :hug: Good luck choosing a new one though  ;D

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 17:37:03 PM »
 :welcome: back

Sorry to hear about Purdey  :( She'll be at the Bridge by now playing with bunny and chinchilla  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:14:06 AM »
So sorry about Purdey and the rabbit and chinchilla too - must've been so horrid for you.  Like you say it's a very difficult decision and we know we have to do it for them.

Hope to see pics of a long haired cat and a tabby soon  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
Glad to have you back, but so sorry to hear about your losses  :hug: :hug:

I'm sure the perfect furbabe/s will find their way to you  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 22:51:25 PM »
Hi, welcome back  :)

Sorry you've had a bit of a rough time and so sorry about Purdey, bunny and chinchilla  :hug:

Good luck finding your new rescue puss cat xx
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 10:33:20 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Long time, no post
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 22:10:18 PM »
It's been ages since last posted here.

I had quite a traumatic year last year. My darling Purdey developed kidney failure and when I last posted here we were hoping it had been ARF and she seemed to have made a recovery. Unfortunately she later developed a very bad relapse. We battled for her but her struggle came to an end when we had an ultrasound run which showed one ruined kidney, one damaged kidney and a heart murmur. She kept relapsing, starving herself and wouldn't even drink. I was syringe feeding liquids into her and she was having to spend time at vets on drip. After the ultrasound we took the decision with our vets to let her go. It was the most painful decision I have ever faced and was in pieces afterwards. I also lost a bunny and a chinchilla after months of struggle last year and all 3 went within weeks of each other.

I had no interest in even considering another cat for the clan until a couple of weeks ago. A beautiful smokey grey long hair came up in a local rescue and was going to adopt her  - she was a stray and not chipped - her owners turned up the day I was due to collect her. Of course now has me thinking so CP renewed my homecheck today and I can go have a look around at the nearest shelter whom I've previously adopted 4 cats from. I'm excited now and looking forward to giving a new cat a fresh start. I'd love another long hair and my son is desperate for a tabby.

Link to CatChat