Author Topic: New Hi-life 'Potty about' food  (Read 1463 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: New Hi-life 'Potty about' food
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 20:49:17 PM »
It seems the first one was a fluke as he won't touch it now  :tired:

I bought a 2nd box of the meat one as well  :-:

To add insult to injury, Kylie won't touch the fishy one but she loves the small tins  :censored:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: New Hi-life 'Potty about' food
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 12:11:37 PM »
Both my two love them. The fishy ones are more meatlike in substance but they are still easy to clean after opening them.  I've been getting them from PAH - bought a couple of individual ones to see whether they liked them before splashing out on the bigger boxes.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
New Hi-life 'Potty about' food
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2010, 09:56:58 AM »
There is a meat selection 'potty about gravy' box (12 x 80g) which is various double flavours - ie chicken & liver in gravy - it seems the main ingredient is fish - the first named meat flavour is min 10% and the 2nd, min 4% - that goes for all the variants.

The fish box 'potty about fish' looks the same as the old hi-life small tins selection (maybe that's why some people have posted they can't find them) ie tuna imperial, tuna &chicken etc.

They are in plastic domes. £4.49 a box but on offer in Sainsbury's £3

http://www.hilifepet.co.uk/osb/showitem.cfm/category/30

ETA - Clapton is eating like a mouse at the moment. I gave him a pot with binders in and he attacked it with gusto. It is like a beef casserole that has been cooked so much, the meat has fallen apart. It also has chunks of white chicken meat in (not reformed). He dragged the larger chunks of beef off the plate to eat them. I haven't seem him go for food like that in a long time  :) - He even gave himself a proper clean up afterwards - even trying to de-sheath non-existent claws :evillaugh: - btw - although it says chicken, min 10%, it is closer to 30/40%  :Crazy:

The icing on the cake is that the pots are easy to open; a foil lid on a recyclable plastic pot - which is easy to rinse out.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:18:27 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat