Author Topic: Medicating made easy  (Read 1419 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Medicating made easy
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 16:23:46 PM »
 :thanks: for the top tip  :wow:

They're great for tablets aren't they  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Medicating made easy
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 14:22:24 PM »
lol .... glad you have managed to find a way of medicating without injury or stress  ;)

I remember the hassle I had trying to get antibiotics down Zephyr's throat ... lots of scratches, hissing and kicking and foaming at the mouth it was a right palava.  On the third day I accidently dropped the tablet on the floor as I was openeing the bottle .... to my shock and delight Zephyr ran over sniffed the tablet and hoovered it up in one go!  :-:    I later found out the tablets were "palatable" and all I had to do was throw them down and he would eat them!  :rofl: :rofl:

Since then I have always tried to get palatable tablets wherever possible .. it makes life so much easier.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 14:27:02 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline herbycat

• Kitten
Medicating made easy
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:16:40 PM »
A couple if weeks ago i needed to medicate my little man Herby. I tryed all sorts, hiding it in his wet food, putting it in a can of tuna and just straight on going for it.. attempting to force the tablet down his throat! He was having none of it.. and i ended up covered in scrathes, with a very unhappy cat. My friend then suggested i try hiding it in Webbox. He seemed to get so excited about it, the thought that i was tricking him never entered his head. My only problem now is he is slightly addicted to them. Every evening when i come home, i think hes excited to see me... but infact he is excited for his daily allowance of Webbox. But at 99p for a pack of six, who am i to disapoint.

One extreamly happy cat owner  :Luv2:

Link to CatChat