Author Topic: ARGH cat coming in the garden!!  (Read 1171 times)

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
Re: ARGH cat coming in the garden!!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2010, 15:31:52 PM »
If you do find a cure please share, my mum's cat is terrorised in their garden and we've all been to the vet with her multiple times for abcesses and fight wounds whenever she ventures outside  :'(  The gardens over 90ft long so cant afford it to be catproofed

Poor Pinball - for your problem cats do you have a giant waterpistol you could use?

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
Re: ARGH cat coming in the garden!!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2010, 15:24:27 PM »
There doesn't seem to be anything you can do  :hug:. I'm suffering the same problem ... a huge ginger tabby and two black cats, one long haired the other short. I think related.

They are pooing in the garden and making my dog become naughty. So She's effectively banned from the garden unless on a lead  :( I've tried everything and nothing works, they just keep coming back.

I'm so sorry it's affecting Pinball  :(

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
ARGH cat coming in the garden!!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 14:48:30 PM »
How can I deter our neighbours cat from coming into our garden?

2 cats have moved in a couple of doors down from us and they are making my life hell! One in particular is pooing in the veg patch which I can forsee only getting worse once we've dug the veg patch over (and not surprisingly I don't want it pooing in my veg and then digging seedlings up when covering up) and it is also really stressing Pinball out and the vet thinks it is the likely cause of his bout of cystitis as he has never had it until this cat moved in and started coming into our garden.

I can't get one of those sonic cat repeller things as Pinball is outside and I am guessing that the noise repels cats from a reasonable distance which would upset him. I have tried chasing the cat out of the garden, hissing at it and throwing water at it but it is really not getting the message that I don't want it anywhere near my garden! The feral cats from the farm very quickly worked out that coming into the garden = water thrown at them so they stay out but the neighours cat appears to be either very stubborn, very stupid or both :tired:

HELP!!! Any suggestions on how to get it to stay out? Sadly cat proof fencing isn't an option  :(
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Link to CatChat