Author Topic: how to find a cat needing a home  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: how to find a cat needing a home
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 00:06:30 AM »
thanks ever so Gill - I'll keep an eye out for a cat that sounds suitable

meanwhile if anyone reads this who knows of a likely candidate, they can contact me
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: how to find a cat needing a home
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 23:56:27 PM »
There are so many cats needing a home and I would be willing to shuttle you around a bit if that would help. ;D

So start hunting , try the cats needing homes on Purrs, then have a look at the pages on Cat Chat. There are CP branches in Swansea, Bridgend, Cardiff Ithink but not sure and would be willing to take you to Bristol area but home checking maybe a problem.

There are no decent rescues around our way, loads of places with cats but thats different!

I think you need to work out exactly what sorta cat you are looking for and then probably fall in love with some cat that is completely different  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
how to find a cat needing a home
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2009, 23:34:23 PM »
I live in a very tiny cottage miles from anywhere, without a car, but I am home all day, and have a decent size enclosure at the back of the house. I could squeeze another cat in here with my two, if he or she was not agressive to them, or likely to be scared of them - separating them is not an option. Because regular trips to a vet are a problem, and in any case there are no vets nearby with first rate facilties, I would be anxious about taking on a cat with existing health problems. But I think a deaf cat would fit in well here. There are not many rescues around here, though, and I don't know if it is feasible to go looking outside my area. I couldn't fetch a cat myself, although I could certainly pay expenses.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 23:35:04 PM by trigger »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Link to CatChat