Author Topic: 6 kittens Chirk Wrexham, can be closed as this family have now found loving new homes:)  (Read 20798 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
 :thanks:

Its now locked.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: 6 kittens Chirk Wrexham, can you help?
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2010, 19:08:49 PM »
We didn't get any money donated, we did get a lovely man locally to there who made another door for us and then we were able to go on to trap all apart from one kitten that was taken by a member of the public who has kept the kitten themselves, So a happy ending all round. This thread can now be closed Mods :thanks: :hug:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
Is it possible to have an update on this please, status of kittens- amount raised.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 17:54:19 PM »

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 20:43:24 PM »
That is what I am hoping, I have had way over 100 calls since they put the first add in and still get more and more each day. I have started to direct people to other rescues in the area to help get homes for more cats and kittens. We are having a great success with many animals finding homes in rescues through our site at the moment and I do think it has a lot to do with the news paper and also a radio station up in Scotland who I did an interview with a a few weeks ago. There more publicity we get the more animals get homes and more rescues get donations from people reading appeals that have been directed by the news paper and radio interviews and that is just fantastic:)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 13:04:01 PM »
you must be thrilled with this coverage

here's hoping many more cats than just this family find good homes out of it
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 11:28:32 AM »

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 11:51:04 AM »
Fingers crossed
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 11:36:54 AM »
The sixth kitten has been spotted out by MC donalds yesterday,so I have emailed the CPL in Wrexham again to see if they can lend us the trap again,so keep your fingers crossed they will let us as I hate the thought of that little kitten out there all on its own without its mum and siblings . keep your fingers crossed we can catch it and get it back with its mum and siblings soon

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 17:10:59 PM »
We have had no luck catching the last kitten and sadly have seen no sign of it:-( We fear that when the trap door was ripped off and stolen the kitten was possibly in there and been taken:-(  we just hope that if that is the case that whoever has taken it is taking good care of it.

it seems that someone was impressed by our efforts to help these cats,last week I was contacted by two local newspapers who want to do a piece on it, and on Monday it was in the news papers here is the piece they did on us

Sadly we still haven't been able to catch the last kitten and there is still no sign of it so we took the trap back and on a happier note the CPL gave us back our £50 deposit as they were happy with the door we had made. Sadly one of the kittens looks like its going to lose its eye, the others seem ok at the moment,the mother cat is very thin with hardly any meat on her bless her but is doing well in foster care.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 23:44:15 PM »
They look in really good condition, Kelly-Joy. Well done for helping them.  :) I should think your deposit will be safe... if the thing works, that's all that matters.  ;) If not your local CP must be a bunch of right old boots!  :evillaugh:

As it happens my OH spent most of Sunday fixing 5 traps we'd lent to other folks and they'd returned the traps busted.  :tired: We never get around to asking for deposits though.  :innocent:

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 17:38:31 PM »
So sad and it happens really quick.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 14:17:14 PM »
I was thinking Rats too. We have had no luck catching the last kitten and sadly have seen no sign of it:( We fear that when the trap door was ripped off and stolen the kitten was possibly in there and been taken:( we just hope that if that is the case that whoever has taken it is taking good care of it. We will keep trying for a few days though just in case it is still out there.

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 14:05:38 PM »
Sadly bites probably from rats if they are outside and the cat I rescued from the Brecons was covered in bites and a chunk out of her tail. Hope you catch the last one very quick  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:37:57 AM »
Hi yes we got someone to make us another door,and Yay! it works because we caught another kitten, which means there is just one more kitten to catch.Haven't heard back to whether we have lost our deposit or not as we have another door yet but I guess we will have to wait and see. Sadly we have heard that there are another few cats up there and one has one leg missing, we haven't got rescue placements , foster spaces or money to help them out as yet but we will go back as soon as we do.

Here are pics of mother and her 5 babies, keep your fingers crossed we can get the last baby very soon.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 17:15:22 PM »
Trap doors are easily replaceable for a couple of pounds, just take measurements to local glass centre who cut perspex to fit, if you explain who you are and what it is needed for they are usually very helpful.
Might be an idea to tell the people never to leave a trap unguarded as it is very dangerous, afraid if I came across one set but unguarded and didnt have the time to wait around for owner I would do the same (although I would have left a note) as I have heard of too many bad things happening to animals when rescues have left them unattended.
Hope you catch kittens soon.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
We were called last week to ask if we could help with a feral mother and her 5 kittens that were hanging around MC Donald's in Chrik Wrexham. We starting to find a rescue placement for the mother and kittens and then asked to borrow a trap from the local CPL. The CPL agreed to lend us a trap as they hadn't the time or man power to trap them themselves.For the last few days we have trapped the mother which was spade yesterday and got 4 kittens. We discovered there was another kitten to be caught and found that the mother cat and kittens were not ferals at all and so now we are looking for another rescue placement for them. The mother cat has probably sadly been abandoned as she can not lap up enough of the attention she has been being given in her foster home.
Sadly over night last night someone has stolen the trap door :( We no longer have a trap and will lose the £50 deposit we had to give to the CPL to borrow one of their traps:( We are very very worried for the safety of the last 2 kittens to catch as one had an injured paw and bite marks on them.:( also with winter just around the corner we really really need to catch them sooner rather than later.:( If anyone has a trap we can have please pm me so we can help these poor babies. If you don't have a trap but would be willing to give a little towards the cost of a new trap then our paypal address is donations@animallifelineuk.org

Purr Member Note -

It is up to the individual member to donate their money to a donation or fund request and Purrs advices strongly to carry out full checks that funds would be used for the stated Purpose.
 Purrs cannot be held responsible for members private donations to a request that is not an Official Purrs fundraisier or collection.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 19:09:54 PM by kelly-joy »

Link to CatChat