Author Topic: fabric  (Read 10485 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Re: fabric
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2010, 15:58:40 PM »
We use a medium weight calico for all our sampling work in college (practising different garment construction techniques), it is indeed great stuff.

I get it for £1.90 per metre I think, or could be £2.50. I too have have made my own catnip sacks with it and as yet, they haven't been destroyed and they've been on the go for months ;D Just run up on my domestic sewing machine.

I would say the Catac sacks are actually a lighter weight than what I used. Maybe I should start selling them, I do need to up my income and the second job hunt isn't going anywhere at the moment :evillaugh:

Offline perrywalsh14

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Ginger
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2010, 15:43:51 PM »
now these days fabric use with some different shades of different designs

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2010, 11:44:37 AM »
Yep, that's the stuff - good firm weave to allow kitty claws to grab, but not pull threads and thus destroy. It comes in several different weights too - I got the middle weight for versatility, but upholstery weight would be better for cat toys I suspect.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2010, 11:41:37 AM »
That's what the catac sacks are made from (or is it canvas?). Maybe someone can prove me wrong, but AFAIK, they are indestructible. Alice has a collection of them. I usually add one to my VetUK orders so she has a fresh one, but she loves lying on a pile of them. They make great little kitty pillows  :)
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:44:01 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2010, 09:45:19 AM »
No spare fabric here - but I recently bought a bolt of unbleached calico - 20 metres for $40.00 (or £20 in your money) which is a wonderfully versatile thing to have around - lavender bags, catnip toys, cushion linings, curtain linings, bags for drying herbs, bags for hanging meat or bacon flitches, pudding cloths, straining jellies - you name it - wonderful stuff. ;D

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
Fabric is always useful for me to  make nip bags - nip mice and any other kitty things I can knock out. send them over to rescues to sell in their shop. I only have to buy the nip, but I have a secret stash.

SHHHhhhhh dont tell my Zeb I have a secret stash of nip  :shify:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline crafty_emmy

• Adult Cat
fabric
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2010, 21:59:44 PM »
I have some fabric going spare would anyone like it it's not a lot but enough to make some decent cat toys with.  ;)

Link to CatChat