Author Topic: The-Kats-Whiskers Rescue  (Read 13212 times)

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
Re: The-Kats-Whiskers Rescue
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2010, 20:58:08 PM »
No one discussed a ban, however, I am more than happy to impose one considering the content of your posts. This thread will now be locked.

Offline the-kats-whiskers

• Kitten
    • http://www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2010, 20:54:50 PM »
Steve

You have chosen to make public a request by our forum staff to verify your rescue status, therefore it is only fair that our members will question further. The donations provided by members are voluntary and no member should be made to feel guilty for not donating funds to your rescue. That being said, Purrs has a duty of care to ensure the funds we choose to provide to registered rescues are being provided to rescues that operate a code of conduct that ensures animals in their care do not suffer unduly. We have every right to request that rescues verify their status if we believe there is a question relating to their standards.

You can continue to have your discussions with Gill (sneakiefeline) via PM as she afforded you the courtesy of conducting this conversation privately. However, if you choose to continue on this thread by attacking our members we will have no choice but to moderate accordingly.

well i dont really care who i upset and if your forum would have let me send  a message to Gill then i would have. As for me for me attacking other members then they should learn to think and find out the true facts before they open there traps.

i work hard very hard to look after all my cats and they are all welcome to come and visit us to see that. So go ahead and ban me as i really do not care any more. I have said my peace and all these people who think we should not take on ederly cats well they can all get stuffed

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2010, 20:49:10 PM »
Steve

You have chosen to make public a request by our forum staff to verify your rescue status, therefore it is only fair that our members will question further. The donations provided by members are voluntary and no member should be made to feel guilty for not donating funds to your rescue. That being said, Purrs has a duty of care to ensure the funds we choose to provide to registered rescues are being provided to rescues that operate a code of conduct that ensures animals in their care do not suffer unduly. We have every right to request that rescues verify their status if we believe there is a question relating to their standards.

You can continue to have your discussions with Gill (sneakiefeline) via PM as she afforded you the courtesy of conducting this conversation privately. However, if you choose to continue on this thread by attacking our members we will have no choice but to moderate accordingly.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2010, 20:44:08 PM »
I understand that you're upset, but being rude to people isn't going to help your situation at all. I don't really know what's been said or what the issue was with the other thread, but it seems as though you're mainly upset with Gill for sending the message, so maybe PMing her to discuss would be the best course of action instead of ranting on the forums. If you wanted to post on the main boards, simply stating your case and defending yourself would have been fine, but being on the defensive and getting angry and making personal digs and insults is against the rules, as has recently been discussed.

So do not tell us how we should run our rescue it is people like you who will get cats as kittens then when they are a little to old ring us up because you no longer want them .
I think this is completely out of order. I'd be willing to listen to your side of the argument if you put it across rationally, but saying things like that just makes you look bad.  

Purrs is a place for cat lovers, there are many members on here who run rescues of their own and a large portion of the cats owned by members are rescue cats. I hardly think that any of us would get a kitten and then throw it away because it was old and no longer 'cute', I don't even know what would make you jump to such a conclusion.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 20:46:57 PM by Claire_smc »

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 20:41:47 PM »
If you help out with CP cats then all vets bills, food etc is paid for by CP - we know as we take on hard to home ferals and give them the choice of staying on the inside or moving out to our outside colony and we don't take any money from CP but it is offered.

Not sure what has been going on but all I can say is you are going to have to learn to say no so no other elderly cat in your care doesn't get vets attentiontp pass with dignity that befits their ending - no animal rescuer worth their salt would do that!

The cats we do take from CP are all paid for and we also get a discount from our vets. and believe it or not we do say no we on avarge turn down 10 cats per week in and around Derby.

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 20:38:56 PM »
Shelley I'm sorry you had to watch her pass over  :(  i hope she didn't suffer. Iv not read the site for a few days so don't know what "happened" but i do honestly think that if you can afford to keep your dream cat then you should be able to provide a vet assisted ending for another, including the little kitten, no matter what odds he had on survival. Its not meant to be mean but honest, from some things written i can see how it may be seen as odd by others. Myself included.

I was told once, its better to help fewer properly than more but with the corners cut. If bills are that tight then downsizing may be a sensible consideration so that you continue to provide A* care for those who need it at such critical times  :(

I am  sure you can not read the Persian Shelly kept is now a family pet not a rescue cat. As I said in my first post our family pets ARE NOT part of the rescue and are funded in a different way.

As for helping a few would you like me to ring the other cats up and tell them we should not have helped them because one day we might get a cat that is ill. you live in a funny world if you think that is the case.

We only take  a few cats at a time and they are all vet checked. But never mind you must have enough money to never get caught short in an emergency. So do not tell us how we should run our rescue it is people like you who will get cats as kittens then when they are a little to old ring us up because you no longer want them .

that is why we are short of funds because people no longer want cats and we take them in and look after them because we really do love the cats we don't just say we do.

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 20:34:09 PM »
Sorry she passed over but sadly I think a vets visit should have been had for the wee one - I know how hard vets fees are we keep 47 of our own - the waifs and strays that noone wants and the harder to home ones with medical conditions - we have quite a few of those - we also have an outside colony we look after to.

I know how hard vets fees are - we have spent not shy of £5,500 pounds so far this year on our own and that doesn't inlcude the cremation we still have to pay for = that will be £143.00 and she will be home with us this weekend.  She was an 18 year old feral with breathing probs and we rushed her to the out of hours vet so she could die with dignity and no pain - that bill alone including our discount was £75.00.

We don't take holidays and both work full time to fund the Clan Cats so know how hard it can be

If you help out with CP cats then all vets bills, food etc is paid for by CP - we know as we take on hard to home ferals and give them the choice of staying on the inside or moving out to our outside colony and we don't take any money from CP but it is offered.

Not sure what has been going on but all I can say is you are going to have to learn to say no so no other elderly cat in your care doesn't get vets attentiontp pass with dignity that befits their ending - no animal rescuer worth their salt would do that!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2010, 20:15:22 PM »
Shelley im sorry you had to watch her pass over  :(  i hope she didnt suffer. Iv not read the site for a few days so dont know what "happened" but i do honestly think that if you can afford to keep your dream cat then you should be able to provide a vet assisted ending for another, including the little kitten, no matter what odds he had on survival. Its not meant to be mean but honest, from some things written i can see how it may be seen as odd by others. Myself included.

I was told once, its better to help fewer properly than more but with the corners cut. If bills are that tight then downsizing may be a sensible consideration so that you continue to provide A* care for those who need it at such crictical times  :(

Offline nicter

• Senior Cat
  • Nicky-Mum to Scamp Bonnie, Willum Rossi & Poppet
  • Slave to: Alfie. Poppet. Rossi. Willum Merlin
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2010, 20:06:56 PM »
Poor Spooky RIP little lady
 :hug: to you all x
RIP Tigger Button Whisky Maisie, Merlin and Alfie Pawprints on my heart forever

Offline Purrrrfect (Shelly)

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx
    • The-Kats-Whiskers
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2010, 20:01:42 PM »
I'm sorry if this picture upsets anyone but i thought ide post it anyway.
It was Spooky as she lay dying in my dining room and was taken 10 minuets before i picked her up and held her in my arms while she was gently gasping for breath. She passed away in my arms it was a horrible thing to watch and broke my heart. I kissed her gently on the head and told her it was ok to let go and that it was nice where she was going. The hardest thing iv'e ever had to do was watch her die.  :'(

At 6:15pm today (31-5-10) Spooky slipped away in my arms aged 17yrs. I dearly wish she didn't have to go that way.

My husband forgot to mention that we have taken cats via CPL and work with a rehoming officer.

Oh and i don't give a monkeys what anyone thought of my request, as hubby said we pay for things from our own pocket. And have had large bills these past few weeks. I never ask for much and don't go pubbing or clubbing and i gave up smoking over 2yrs ago for my cats. We don't have holidays because of careing for the cats. The amount that was needed was a mere £35  :( But that doesn't matter any more now does it.  :-:

I used to like this forum.  :(
Adopt a cat or kitten at...
www.the-kats-whiskers.co.uk/smf-forum 
Request a custom forum siggie, avatar or picture resizes at.. http://siggiestogo.smfforfree3.com
Pets Lost, Found & Stolen UK
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129703920378095
R.I.P Pippa, Lady, Sammy, Fudge & Smudge. xxxxx

• Kitten
The-Kats-Whiskers Rescue
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2010, 18:44:44 PM »
Hello
      My name is Steve. I run The-Kats-Whiskers in derby with my wife Shelly AKA. Purrrrfect.

I came home from work the other night to find Shelly in tears. The reason for this is the message that you ( sneakiefeline) sent her telling her you had removed her from being a rescue member.

I have read the comments you put and the reason that you gave for removing her from this group. so I would like to make some points on the comments you made.

First of all about the kitten that died IN MY care. This kitten was abandoned buy its mother and was very weak from when we took it in.  The  kitten was seen but a vet Bleagreaves Vets in Derby ( I will give you the number if you would like to verify this) the kitten became ill and as the vet and already seen it  and informed me that he only gave the kitten a 30% chance of lasting 1 week. I think we did well to give it the chance it did have and I am happy that the kitten did have a few more weeks than was expected.

Second: Shelly asked on the forum for help with funds to put an elderly cat to sleep ( Spookey)  She did this for 1 reason and one reason only because I had asked her to raise the funds. I find it hard to believe that other so called cat lovers would rather moan about us needing help that helping the cat. Oh and just so you know the cat is now in Rainbow Bridge no thanks to the so called carers on this site. I do not really care if  the post upset your members or not. We do not run or rescue to please people we run it to help the cats.

Third: We Recently rescued a Persian cat (Perdie) which Shelly has decided to keep.  Again the reason for this is that it is her dream cat. The Lady who brought the cat to us ask if we would keep her when she visited as she could see how settled she was. I would not buy her one as I think they are to expensive and all my spare money goes into running The-Kats-Whiskers. so when this one came up and with what the lady said about her being settled I let her keep it. As for any other cats we might have as pets I do not see what it has to do with the rescue we run.

Forth: You seem to think that we are a new rescue but we are not we have been rescuing cats for at least 10 years. It is only the last 2 years we have needed to advertise. The reason for this should be clear but just in case it is not there is a resection and we the same as other rescues have been hit by it. We have now got long term cats which we never had before.

Finally I have for the last 2 years on top of a full time job and running The-Kats-Whiskers have had to take a part time job to fund
The-Kats-Whiskers. I am very annoyed that you and your members should question where our funds come from. It has nothing at all do do with you or any other member. I use 3 vets in Derby  (  Bleagreaves and both the Abbey Vets )  all of these vets send cats to us for us to re-home.
We so far this year alone re-homed 125 cats and kittens what you see Shelly put on your site is only the tip of the iceburg. I have so far this year spent £4000+ on vets and the up keep off the cats. We have only received  £2550 in funding so again how dare you or your members question how we are funded. We can not all  just go to the bank and get money out when we need it and we can not all sit there on our computers making judgements on fellow members.

Again I am very annoyed and think you should re-instate Purrrrfect as a Rescue member and in future if I was you I would find out the facts before jumping to the wrong conclusions.

Very Annoyed

Steve. Owner The-Kats-Whiskers Derby.

Link to CatChat