Author Topic: Knitters and sewers - cat nip toys needed!  (Read 24053 times)

Offline crafty_emmy

• Adult Cat
Re: Knitters and sewers - cat nip toys needed!
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 15:09:02 PM »
might have some fabric scraps if anyone can sew them for you into mice. sorry best I can do with not being able to sew

Offline crafty_emmy

• Adult Cat
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2010, 19:15:41 PM »
I can't sew or knit to save my life but I can do everything else so if you want some cards please let me know and when we do our craft swap shop if we get any wool I will keep them for you too if you want
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 00:21:24 AM by crafty_emmy »

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2010, 20:24:30 PM »
I can't crochet/knit (yet!) but I could sew some little felt/fabric mice or something? The thing is, they'd be hand-sewn and I'd be paranoid that a thread could come loose if clawed. I could maybe make a sample one and send it, and you could examine it and decide if you'd like to use them? I really need a sewing machine  :doh:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2010, 20:16:54 PM »
There will be some wool on the way next week to feral cats po box, i have wrapped it up without a note in it  :innocent: just so you know who sent it. Apologies about the colours, i hope it can be of some use.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2010, 20:56:08 PM »
Nip bags are on my to do list

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Feral Cat Welfare

• Adult Cat
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2010, 19:57:21 PM »
Thank you for putting the time and effort into this.  We look forward to seeing your works of art!

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Yogi, Daisy, Skye, Tiggy, Sally & Charlie
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2010, 19:46:13 PM »
I've not forgotten the crochet toys.  Loads of the shells now made, the stuffing is ready but I just have to find that big bag of catnip I packed away thinking I wouldn't need it before I move home next week.  Won't take long to finish the first batch once I find it.

• Adult Cat
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2010, 16:12:20 PM »
Thank you so much!  We will show you the results and can't wait to see the transformation into some lovely toys/gifts.

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2010, 16:03:52 PM »
Lovely bundle of fabrics have been posted out today to you. It may take a few days to arrive as sent via standard parcel service. Enjoy and make lots of pretty things. If you would like some more please let me know.

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2010, 08:22:56 AM »
Arrrgh!   I  just read somewhere that cats apparently do not like acrylic wool.

It doesn't seem to bother my bunch, has anyone had problem with acrylic wool toys?

No mine have loads of wool toys and love them  :Luv2:

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2010, 22:05:39 PM »
Arrrgh!   I  just read somewhere that cats apparently do not like acrylic wool.

It doesn't seem to bother my bunch, has anyone had problem with acrylic wool toys?

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2010, 21:05:51 PM »
Iv got half a dozen virtually unused balls of wool and some smaller part used, some particularly bright colours  :evillaugh: gail are they any use? Or i could send to the PO box if your not a knitter yourself?

Thank  You for the offer.
I cannot knit to save my life - I am the world's worst knitter . I put it down to being left handed ,that's my excuse and I am sticking to it  :Luv: - I have not forgotten about the nippy baggys. They will be done.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 14:41:07 PM »
Iv got half a dozen virtually unused balls of wool and some smaller part used, some particularly bright colours  :evillaugh: gail are they any use? Or i could send to the PO box if your not a knitter yourself?

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2010, 14:11:26 PM »
Thank you.  Yes, please just send them to our PO box address, but put your own name and address somewhere on the package too in case it goes astray.  Really looking forward to receiving them!  :thanks:

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2010, 14:03:30 PM »
My pleasure, I'll sort some multi-coloured wools out to make them a bit more interesting.  I found the P.O. Box address on your site, I'll just send them there shall I?

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2010, 07:43:45 AM »
Hi Yogidot, these crochet balls sound wonderful, just the sort of thing cats would love to play with!  My cats love the foam balls that not all pet shops supply - they don't make lots of noise when dashing around with them on the laminate floor like the hard plastic balls do.  They would also be different and individually made which is always nice, especially as a gift.  Definitely worth giving them a try!   ;D

Offline YogiDot

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 22:39:03 PM »
I crochet and made my furry funsters some small catnip stuffed balls that bounce on the end of a crochet rope.   They are currently "favorite toy"

I'm not sure if they are up tp standard for selling but the cats in your care might enjoy playing with them.  I'm working on getting mouse shapes right  at the moment and if I can get a template to work I'll do those too

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 20:43:04 PM »
I am currently living in France and will be returning to the UK next month (hopefully around the 15th). I'm in Kent in the SE, so I will post to you. How much would you like? - I could send you a box load and if you are happy with the fabrics I can send more to you (could even do it on a regular basis). The fabrics will all be brand new, un used, perfect 1st quality and suitable for all types of craft work - bags, cushions, door hangers, patch working etc etc .

What a wonderful offer  :Luv2:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2010, 07:33:45 AM »
I am currently living in France and will be returning to the UK next month (hopefully around the 15th). I'm in Kent in the SE, so I will post to you. How much would you like? - I could send you a box load and if you are happy with the fabrics I can send more to you (could even do it on a regular basis). The fabrics will all be brand new, un used, perfect 1st quality and suitable for all types of craft work - bags, cushions, door hangers, patch working etc etc .

OMG that would be super - THANK YOU.  I am intending to make myself  a new peg bag  :shy: , and if that goes Ok, peg bags all round.  I have some nip bags sewn up so just need to fill them and do an insert for the polly bag. Anything to help these darling homeless kitties.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2010, 23:13:54 PM »
I love those little mice! How much will they be? :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2010, 20:20:05 PM »
Hi
Just a thought, have you tried your local 'stitch and princess' group (or any other local knitting group)?  You may find some cat lovers there willing to help out!!  Also try your local wool shop - all knitters need wool, maybe your local shop would let you put a poster in the window (and tell people about you) if you asked..............my local wool shop always has people sitting at the back knitting, if yours is the same you may be able to spread the word that way!
Would love to help myself but I've only just started learning how to knit and I'm not sure anyone would pay for something I produced!!   ;D
Good luck

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2010, 19:54:56 PM »

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2010, 12:40:37 PM »
Cat design fabrics would be welcolme - I have some - but anything hanging about  :Luv:

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2010, 20:03:53 PM »
Hi

Thank you, that would be really helpful.  To actually be able to offer fabric to sewers would very likely encourage more to come forward.  Do you live locally?  If so, someone could collect.  If not, you could perhaps send them to our PO Box address:  PO Box 293, Leeds  LS16 0ER. 

Thank you again, we'd love to be able to make use of the material and show you the end results! 

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2010, 19:26:20 PM »
Hi, If you would like some fabrics please let me know. I have loads (think I've got some cat designs as well) and would love to be able to help you out.

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 13:20:13 PM »
will get some crazy cat nip bags made - for you to pop in your shop. I have to help Ester & Dasiy may and the others xxx

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 12:49:39 PM »

Thank you!  :thanks:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 12:43:51 PM »
I'll see what i can do -  ;)

Give me a weekend or two xxx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 08:30:33 AM »
Maybe someone could PM Flumpetsmummy as I know she offered a while ago but I haven't seen her on here for a while.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 06:15:18 AM »
Best of luck, you're doing a great thing xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2010, 23:22:30 PM »
:luck:

I can't knit or sew to save my life I'm afraid, you could try a local appeal in the free paper or similar for grannies with a bit of spare time to help out with making them. Would also give a bit of exposure to the rescue and might help draw in volunteers for fostering etc

• Adult Cat
Knitters and sewers - cat nip toys needed!
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2010, 21:56:32 PM »
 ;D    Hello!  If you enjoy knitting or sewing perhaps you could help us.  We are setting up an online shop on our website, www.feralcatwelfare.org.uk , selling handmade cat toys, cards etc to raise funds for the work we are doing in Leeds to help the stray and feral cats and kittens.  If you think you can contribute, even just once, please get in touch!  Not having the gift and patience to sew or knit we admire anyone who can produce lovely items out of a ball of wool and a length of material!   Little mice similar to those in the picture here would be great, and with catnip added they keep cats and kits happy for days, weeks and even months! If anyone can donate wool or material that we can give to willing knitters or sewers it would be much appreciated.  :thanks:

Link to CatChat