Author Topic: Another question regarding Turbo (3 legged cat) and food  (Read 1090 times)

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Another question regarding Turbo (3 legged cat) and food
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 07:42:17 AM »
IF she doesn't eat a lot of dry, then I wouldn't put as much down - it is pointless constantly throwing food away!! Exercise/play is just as important as quantities of food though, so she does need to look at that as well.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Another question regarding Turbo (3 legged cat) and food
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 23:22:53 PM »
Biscuits tend to put on more weight than wet food.............dont think it makes a difference between pouches in jelly or gravy....its what they like best.

I would just give her wet food and see how that goes.

Biscuits are also a complete food so really they dont need bothe but mine would moan without both LOL.............but my big cats are large LOL

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
Another question regarding Turbo (3 legged cat) and food
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 22:56:20 PM »
My friend is asking whats best for her foodwise?  Would it be more beneficial giving her wet food only or dried food,which has less calories in basically?  At the moment she always has dried down (but a lot of it gets chucked away because she only eats it when wet bowl is empty) and 2 pouches a day usually in gravy.  Somebody has told my friend that pouches with Jelly in has more calories than in gravy,personally I think thats noncence but I could be wrong.

We know shes not terribly overweight but want don't want her to pile on more weight because of her leg.  She does go out and comes in whenever she wants so shes not a completely indoor cat.

Thanks in advance :)
Love me,love my animals.

Link to CatChat