Author Topic: Advice Needed: Cat GPS/Tracking Devices  (Read 2413 times)

Offline DonI

• Kitten
Re: Advice Needed: Cat GPS/Tracking Devices
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 14:51:01 PM »
I have recently bought a cat gps tracking device for my cat. PAW TRACK a UK company. linky http://pawtrack.com/
It is really quite good, gives a six metre circular area of accuracy, there is Wifi and GSM and a built in beeper used for looking for lost cats/collars.

Comes in a choice of colours as long as its black. about 50g in weight. Includes three collar adjustment attachments, two usb li-ion batteries, usb chargable.

The first years subscription is free, after that its a monthly charge of about GBP6.99. You can log onto your tracking page from any internet capable device and locate your cats position.

Support is fantastic from the makers. Altogether I am very satisfied. Also you could use it for tracking anything, from errant grandparents to children.

Offline Jim-bob

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tom
Advice Needed: Cat GPS/Tracking Devices
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 12:47:06 PM »
Hi all,

I need some help regarding a GPS tracker for my cats. I have 2 cats and they often go outside for hours at a time, they always come back but it has been known that a few times they've been locked in someone's garage or shed overnight. I was told by a friend that perhaps I should invest in a GPS tracker for my cats although I don't know where to start. My friend has a Miaufinder system and she says it has no subscriptions and uses radiowave tracking - she says it's amazing. After searching it appears there are hundreds of GPS tracking systems.

Has anyone got any experience with these devices? Anyone heard of Miaufinder?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Link to CatChat