Author Topic: jinx is being bullied  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
Re: jinx is being bullied
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2011, 21:36:26 PM »
If he is a stray, can't you have him collected by a rescue centre?
I don't know what the procedure is in England, but over here in the Netherlands, a stray will always be neutered before being rehomed.

When you let Jinx out, can you keep watch in the window with a hose or a water gun?
I used to chase the toms away with a particular powerful water gun, when we were being under siege when Xena was still too young to be neutered. I used to add a drop of ammonia to the water in the gun. Make sure you hit the toms with it.
This gives the other cats the impression they have been pee'd on by a dominant male, and it does scare them off.

Offline charliechalk

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: jinx
jinx is being bullied
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2011, 21:22:04 PM »
hi all, long time no see! im in need of a bit of advice if anyone can help!
 i have lived at my address for 3 years now and had no problems with other cats in the area, until last year a neighbour got her daughter a kitten and didnt get her "done". ever since the cat has reached breeding age, alot of male cats have been in the area, and my poor jinx is being bullied :( ( he has been done so has no interest in the other cats) there is 1 cat in particular that keeps going for my cat and next doors, to the point where both cats have been slammed into the front doors by this larger male. when i checked jinx out yesterday, he has a bald patch on his tail which has a rather large scab on it and is all bumpy :(  i've been keepin jinx in now apart from when he needs loo or to have a wander, btu he is an outdoor cat and doesnt like it, how do i go about and who to about this cat (which i think is a stray) as it not fair on peoples pets being attacked round their own homes.

Link to CatChat