Author Topic: Raising Kittens - Tips needed please!  (Read 1271 times)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Raising Kittens - Tips needed please!
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 21:25:11 PM »
tray in now.

They are still a bit early for food but it does no harm to put some wet stuff in with them as you have mum to clean them up.
type of litter - don't think it matters but ensure non clumping

Offline lornab

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Monty and Moses.
Raising Kittens - Tips needed please!
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 21:17:29 PM »
Sock's 4 kittens are three weeks old now and are up and about exploring :Crazy: they are still a bit wobbly on their legs - is this normal at 3 weeks old?
I know they need to be handled lots but i've got them in a cage for now that Socks can get in but the kittens can't get out of (so far!) as I don't want to accidentally step on one.
I have a few kitten care questions if anyone can help.........
How soon do I need to start putting solid food down for the kittens - we have the science plan kitten pellets which Socks is eating, I have put the bowl inside the crate but the kittens are showing no interest.
How soon will I need to put a litter tray in the cage? I have already tried this as I figured they would learn by example but Socks wont use it in the cage so I moved it out again - I was also worried as the kittens had been picking up bits of litter in their mouths, at some point soon though they're going to need litter training - which is the safest litter to use for kittens? wood pellets or the traditional stuff?
Any tips  or advice would be greatly appreciated  :thanks:
Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££ 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html

Link to CatChat