Author Topic: Think the cat eating the fox food is a stray?  (Read 1291 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Think the cat eating the fox food is a stray?
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 13:39:31 PM »
I'd try to get him trapped, might have a chip and a home waiting and just be lost or might really, really need some help!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Think the cat eating the fox food is a stray?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2010, 21:38:05 PM »
 :( He must be hungry to eat dog food in the rain. Are you able to create a waterproof and cosy hideaway in a private part of your garden, perhaps enticing the cat in with cat biscuits? I have seen others using old rabbit hutches or plastic tubs, I guess whatever you have lying around. Otherwise maybe your local CP would be willing to help you trap him?
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Honeysuckle

• Adult Cat
Think the cat eating the fox food is a stray?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2010, 20:27:47 PM »
My neighbour and I take it in turns to feed the fox in our area in London.  Although we wouldn't normally do this our local Wildlife centre suggested it would be a good idea as it has been such a cold winter.  Anyway,  I have noticed for the last few nights that a cat has been eating the food.  I am concerned because although occasionally I put out cat food for the fox, we usually put out dog food, dog biscuits, bread soaked in gravy, kitchen scraps...not usually the sort of things I imagine a cat who is being fed at home would eat.  My own cat does not react at all when I am putting the foxes food out on it's plate.  So it makes me think that this cat must be very hungry.

It is also very furtive.  Appearing after dark when we put the food out and always looking very nervous. It looks fairly young about 8 - 9 months - slim but in good condition.

I never see it during the day. 

I'm don't know what to do - I just feel for it in this horrible cold and snowy weather we're having.

It's out there now in the pouring rain eating dog food!

Any suggestions?

Janice

Link to CatChat