Author Topic: Does my bum look big in this? - the big-girl beds have arrived!  (Read 4137 times)

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Does my bum look big in this? - the big-girl beds have arrived!
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2010, 10:37:47 AM »
Here is Kylie modelling hers. I had planned to give the other one to Clapton but Kylie was trying to get comfortable by putting her paws under her head on her bed in the kitchen (one of 3 rooms she has beds in  :evillaugh: ) I will have to order another one (or 3  :evillaugh: )

Kylie is clearly aware of the old adage, " Possession in 9/10ths of the Law"..... :evillaugh: :evillaugh:    Smart Cat   :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2010, 10:28:41 AM »
Here is Kylie modelling hers. I had planned to give the other one to Clapton but Kylie was trying to get comfortable by putting her paws under her head on her bed in the kitchen (one of 3 rooms she has beds in  :evillaugh: ) I will have to order another one (or 3  :evillaugh: )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 08:06:48 AM »
Ruined, you've got them ruined !!!  :evillaugh: :Crazy:  ;)(The man servant act - not the fleece, which does look as thought it's also being appreciated). ;D

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2010, 20:08:01 PM »
Princess Alice  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 16:14:03 PM »
She's so lovely.  :Luv2:  What's the story behind the teddy bear cushion  :evillaugh:?

It isn't a cushion, it is a £1 fleece that is covering the antique footstool.  :evillaugh:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 12:23:15 PM »
Now that's what I call service  :hug: :Luv2: :rofl:

Ever thought of a career as a butler?  :rofl:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 09:25:46 AM »
She's so lovely.  :Luv2:  What's the story behind the teddy bear cushion  :evillaugh:?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 07:04:06 AM »
 :Luv2:  awww bless, mine get meals on wheels in bed too  :evillaugh:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 01:40:55 AM »
Aw Alice deserves to be waited on, she is really lovely Mark!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 00:00:06 AM »
The larger 61cm ones arrived yesterday  :) - tbh, I think Alice preferred squeezing into the small one  :Crazy:

Anyway, I took these earlier but it is now covered in a fleece until I can wash it as I stupidly allowed her to have a tiny bit of clotted cream tonight as we had Aunt Bessie's scones with clotted cream & jam. I know she doesn't tolerate any dairy but thought (wrongly) that a tiny bit wouldn't hurt.

I had a lap protector in there aa they are easier to wash than a bed  :evillaugh:

PS - I really shouldn't allow her to eat in bed  :evillaugh:

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
Re: Does my bum look big in this?
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2010, 19:23:37 PM »
Kylie & Willow would never be in the same room (knowingly) when Willow was alive as Kylie would chase her out  :(

The chair isn't new - it's about 5 years old - luckily it is still in one piece as evidently it isn't claw-friendly  :evillaugh:

Yes the heating is on full even though the room isn't being used - by us anyway  :evillaugh:

Aha, so Willow is getting the last laugh then!  ;)  And Kylie doesn't even know it.

I knew it, heating on full tilt, comfy armchair and footstool to decide upon (glad to hear it's not the new ones, they look pristine), wooly jumpers and bikkies within neck reaching distance.    I'm never letting Molly near you -  She'd never want to come back to stay with me, she'd compare it to coming back to a concentration camp!!   (not really - she's got me wrapped round her furry paws, fine well she and I know it too). :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2010, 19:09:21 PM »
Kylie & Willow would never be in the same room (knowingly) when Willow was alive as Kylie would chase her out  :(

The chair isn't new - it's about 5 years old - luckily it is still in one piece as evidently it isn't claw-friendly  :evillaugh:

Yes the heating is on full even though the room isn't being used - by us anyway  :evillaugh:

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2010, 18:54:53 PM »
OMG - The brand new chairs !!!!  :rofl:  You're a brave man sir, I'll give you that.  And a pure softy through and through - aye, Kylie is having a little bit of fun with you by the sounds of things - it's natural after losing Willow for you to be  over protective and wary - we all fret and then it turns out the little bug'rs are just demanding uber pampering.    Laughing here at the armchair being turned quite specifically right onto the heater!     :rofl:    You are as mad as a hatter but you make me laugh along with every other person on here - we are all off our heads!

Take heart that Kylie is still 'sharing' with Willow, happy being in the same room with her still.   Both of them as snug as bugs with the heating on full blast no doubt!

« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 19:02:35 PM by Mollys Slave »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2010, 18:42:02 PM »
 :evillaugh:  :Luv2: @ Molly

I want Kylie to do something silly today as I am hovering between "She's in hibernation mode" and "Should I take her to the vet" - trying not to overreact. The test will be when OH gets in from work - If she comes downstairs for her treats, all will be well - She is in the master bedroom (used in the summer)  right now - the posh Ethan Allen chair is turned to the radiator for her highness (with a dog bed and 2 jumpers in it  :evillaugh: )

ETA - I took one photo and she decided to get up  :evillaugh: - she is munching on the bowl of biscuits I allowed her to have in bed when I thought there was a possibility she was poorly  :shy:

Willow's ashes are in one of the bedside cabinets  :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 18:48:10 PM by Mark »

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2010, 18:16:50 PM »
Thought  this would be a funny pic to put up..... I was cleaning up, lifted Molly's basket to sweep the floor, placed it on the sofa.  In front of the sofa is a wooden trunk.

Eejit features obviously couldn't wait till I had finished, tried to pull her bed down herself rather than wait 5 minutes for me to do it- it landed between the sofa and the wooden trunk.......and this was the result.     :evillaugh: :rofl: :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 18:18:16 PM by Mollys Slave »

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2010, 18:04:42 PM »
Kylie would have to use hers as a hat  :evillaugh:

Little RED Ken is she eh! 

It's a lovvely feeling when the furry ones use their new bedding, toys etc - gives you that lovely warm glow inside.  *Sigh* :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 19:01:02 PM by Mollys Slave »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2010, 16:30:12 PM »
Kylie would have to use hers as a hat  :evillaugh:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2010, 16:29:28 PM »
Aw! The cats are not minding one bit the small size, think it makes them feel all snuggly!  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2010, 16:28:57 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: They're definitely popular!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2010, 16:27:25 PM »
Clapton has discovered the one in the dining room  :evillaugh:

Hopefully the bigger ones will be here soon although they haven't emailed a confirmation yet although I have paid  :tired:

The small ones are definitely "Cosy"  :evillaugh:

This is good because Clapton hates enclosed beds and I thought this might be the type he would like  :Luv2:
« Last Edit: February 02, 2010, 16:30:40 PM by Mark »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 19:13:46 PM »
I had to laugh at the wee teddy bears blanket. :rofl:  cute!

It is mad. Every nice thing we buy has to be covered in fleeces etc. We may as well have milk crates for furniture  :evillaugh:

Offline Mollys Slave

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2010, 17:12:33 PM »
Alice has the most wonderful colours  and seems to be quite enjoying her laze in her new I had to laugh at the wee teddy bears blanket. :rofl:  cute!

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2010, 00:29:26 AM »
Alice is beautiful-gorgeous colours! She seems happy enough in  there!

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2010, 00:16:50 AM »
Alice looks very comfortable in there  :Luv2:!, Your lovely Alice reminds me of my mums old girl when i was a kid

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2010, 10:05:39 AM »
I just looked at them and the prices have shot up since I ordered 2 days ago. The 61cm ones were £12.99 and have shot up to £18.49  :Crazy:
The 50cm ones were £7.99 last week and now £11.49 - this makes them one of the more expensive sellers now. It wouldn't surprise me if I get an email saying they are out of stock now  :tired: http://www.thepetexpress.co.uk/?p=2_4&gr=Bed%20Dog%20R%E9sidence%2061%20Cm&pid=3672

So my experience with them so far.

First order via eBay - ordered a small bed and was sent an XL  :tired:
2nd order - ordered 3 small beds and a bag of food - when the order was delivered, the food was missing. I emailed them and they said it was out of stock and they would refund - they didn't inform me until I asked.
3rd (and last) order - we shall see  :evillaugh:

If anyone is interested in these top quality beds, google "bed dog residence" - they are made by Savic who make dog cages etc. - they really are well made.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 10:07:13 AM by Mark »

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2010, 18:54:17 PM »
Just right I'd say  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2010, 18:38:08 PM »
I think she fits purrfectly!  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 18:27:34 PM »
Alice's bum looks lovely in that  :Luv2: ;)

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2010, 17:22:26 PM »
There is never any knowing what they will go for - we have four beds but Jerry likes to sleep in the cat carrier! :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2010, 17:19:34 PM »
I ordered 2 of the one a size up although I am not impressed with Pet Express. The only reason I order from them is that they are the cheapest. I didn't realise they had so many beds - I thought it was one page but the different sizes aren't listed together. the 61cm one will be perfect for her to stretch out and they are £12.99 - well worth it as they are top-notch quality and nothing at all like other fake-fur beds.

She is in the smaller one one and has chosen it over the heated bed and the flectabed. Probably because it is in front of the heater  :shify:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 17:07:01 PM »
Aww bless , she looks so cosy!

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 06:52:38 AM »
 :Luv: gorgeous Alice looks very happy in there if you ask me.

I know what you mean though, I've ordered dog product, one being a bed which wasn't used and another a raised bowl and that was too big and had to go back.  I stick to cat things now.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 17:13:39 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 00:25:09 AM »
Thanks - the shame is, these would have been perfect for Willow but I couldn't find what I wanted when I looked before.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 23:30:05 PM »
Alice is lovely  :Luv: :Luv:

And with regards to the question - no comment  :evillaugh:  :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Does my bum look big in this? - the big-girl beds have arrived!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 23:03:27 PM »
After being sent an XL bed by mistake, I ordered 3 small dog beds. I didn't check the size as I assumed they would be fine as they were for dogs. Well Alice begs to differ  :evillaugh:
Oh well - more of OHs money down the drain  :innocent: - These are the 50cm ones so I am going to order a couple of 61cm ones. Apart from the size, they are really well made. One side is fleece and the other is a sort of canvas and they are well padded and stitched  :) - they are Savic Dog residence. They come in lots of sizes. I think they are made to fit in dog crates but they are perfect as beds  :) (as you can see, I am being really lazy with the wood burner since I got the heater - it's a lot easier to maintain  :evillaugh: )

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 23:56:08 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat