Author Topic: Yesterdays when nothing went to plan...!  (Read 981 times)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
Re: Yesterdays when nothing went to plan...!
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 07:44:13 AM »
Good luck with them all Sharon, we have just taken in our second family of the year, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of kittens about in this area so far.
Please spay your cat

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
Yesterdays when nothing went to plan...!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 07:31:28 AM »
Yesterday i had a call from a lady in Canterbury about a poss preg puss, but no one could feed puss and her daughter was moving so couldnt take it.. They were not really cat people but caring enough to ring us up.. Baring in mind the same day we had a call about a mum and 5 kittens on an industrial estate, the thought of another preg mum in are care with no where for it to go was not good.

I sent Isobel along who lives close to check it out, Isobel is a vet nurse so should know about these thnigs. We thought the people were not being so honest as it seemed abit odd they were moving and prehaps the cat was theirs..Anyhow, Isobel sussed it out, she was a young female and was we think just preg but no milk, after some discussion we decided to get her to the vets today if the vet would spay her and abort the preg and she get returned as someone in the street was prepared to take her on (so they said)!.. We sorted out vets and vouchers and Isobel called them around 7pm to organise when to pick her up and we found out that she had just had 2 kittens.. !!!!!!!!! Alot of rushing around as we thought (or so they thought) she was bleeding heavily, but that wasnt the case.. Now 9pm it was decided to leave her be with them overnight, with strict iinstructions and then we pick her up today.. We have named her Pasha... This puss now goes somewhere, but Caroline had a idea of potentially putting our 6 day old Freddie with this young family as at the moment he is on 2 hourly feeds with no mum...

We are amazed that Freddie is still here...

So in the last week we have agreed to take in 5 kittens with no mum born in a caravan. now around 5wks old.
Mum and 5 kittens from an industrial estate
Mum and 3 kittens (last count) that were due not to be born !  We were abit stunned to here she was so far gone and had given birth as she didnt look like it and no milk either. This must be a very young mum indeed.

This in now on top of the 7 we already have in our care at the moment!

Kittens are abit like buses they always come in 3s!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat