Author Topic: Another Cat?  (Read 985 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Another Cat?
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2008, 17:47:09 PM »
Just because a kitten never goes out doesnt neccesarily mean it will grow up and never be interested in the outdoors. You dont know what you are getting temperament wise at 8 weeks, kittens often turn out the opposite to what they were like as teenies.

Why not rescue an older cat who is a known indoor cat/not bothered about the outdoors?

As for a kitten growing up with you, it wont affect how you bond with a new cat. Adults adapt just aswell and again you know what you are getting. A kitten that grows into a thug and harrasses your others, then what do you do  :scared:
All kittens end up as big cats and it happens so fast, you wouldnt know you had 'missed' anything!

Offline Bryony84

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Amber and Chilli
Re: Another Cat?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2008, 16:02:18 PM »
Are your other cats inside cats? I think adaptation to living indoors only is partly down to the cat, some don't mind, others will really want to go out even if they have never had the experience before. With mine, I would rather they were indoor cats but if they are not happy that way, I will allow them to go out when there is someone home.

In the same way, cats can adapt to being kept in. A friend of mine moved from her parents house into a 3rd floor flat with her cat. She bought him cat trees and toys and he never even asked to go out. He's been happily living that way for a year now, but it could easily have gone the other way, in which case her parents were going to take him back into their house.

http://furrytripod.wordpress.com/ : Casper's tripod blog and sponsorship page

MBll

Another Cat?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2008, 15:46:34 PM »
RIGHT...Iv been thinking about getting another kitten around 8/10 weeks old as  it will be a house cat ...being this age it will grow up  indoors  & wont know the outside world.  As  Im still no convinced that an outside cat that has been used to being out can or wants to live as an indoor cat, wither the cat is few years old or been outside  up to the age of7/8 months ......its still been outside.

Now the reason Im posting this is that Im aware of a 7/8 month girl just   neutered from a farm shes been out up to a few weeks ago & used to being out .............now i 'MIGHT' be interested in her BUT is it fair  to keep her indoors after her outdoor days & I have lost the time  when she was 8/10 weeks old  to grow up with me furrys.

My other cats were babys & have grown up with me furrys & tho they still have a nosey at them(1 ignores them) they are ok with them.....Iv lost this with the 7/8 month old?   

Not sure ...or maybe should just forget it lol  :-:     Maybe I should read this back lol 

Link to CatChat