Author Topic: Tongue twisters  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Tongue twisters
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 07:05:57 AM »
 :wow: some unusual names there, I like Wobble too
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Tongue twisters
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2011, 20:19:28 PM »
It's nice to hear the origins of names, I have to say 'Wobble' is my personal favourite though  :naughty:

Offline Jiskefet

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Catweazle, Tosca, Xena, Wobbel, Romeo, Connor and Mowgli (and Pinkie, Roesja, Steffie, Tuppence, Jiskefet, Precious, Daisy,Spetter, Klaatu, Gaudi, Josje and Ricky at the Rainbow Bridge)
Tongue twisters
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 22:29:47 PM »
I just realize the names of some of my cats will be regular tongue twisters for most of you.
Josje is shor for Josephine, so it would probably be Josie in English. And Wobbel would be Wobble, he does wobble when he walks. In fact, I just used the English word, but spelled it phonetically in Dutch. I do sometimes call him Wopke, though, which is a Frisian name. The Dutch speed skating coach is called Wopke.

By the way, I am not Frisian, myself   :)

Spetter, my grey and white Italian Stallion, also nicknamed the Shetland cat because of his diminutive size, is now at the rainbow bridge. His name means drop or splash (as in water), but it is also an expression for a gorgeous-looking man, a hunk. And Spetter was a real hunk, and a mother's boy and a real macho. I showed his photo on the Dutch cat forum, and everybody commented what a hunk he was. So it became his name.

Link to CatChat