Author Topic: Mitz the blind hunter puss!  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Mitz the blind hunter puss!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 18:58:38 PM »
How wonderful ... cats never cease to amaze me  :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Mitz the blind hunter puss!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 17:41:20 PM »
Mitz sounds wonderful  ;D

Offline lilynmitz

• Adult Cat
Mitz the blind hunter puss!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 17:40:25 PM »
8 yo Mitz came to live with me 6 months ago after 2 years at a rescue centre  :( Soon after we got him home we realised he was almost completely blind.  However, he's a brave lad and after 2 months he plucked up the courage to go outside. He can now navigate all the way round the garden, even plucking up the courage to run across the lawn (until he piled head first into the log pile one day!).  He'd love to chase birds, but his idea of stalking is sitting under the bird table and waiting for them to come down! LOL!!

So imagine how surprised I was when he padded in with something in his mouth yesterday, looking very sneaky.  He put down what I thought was a leaf, silly boy, but then it opened it's wings, and he'd caught a butterfly!  Yaaay Mitz!  I briefly thought about letting him enjoy the fruits of his labours, as this is such a momentous event, but I always side with the victim so I let the butterfly flutterby out of the door.  Mitz was not amused, and spent the next 10 mins beating up all the catnip toys he tripped over!

I'm so proud of him, as he's had such a tough time, and has been so brave, so I'm really glad he can do cat stuff again despite the world being fuzzy gray to him.

Link to CatChat