Author Topic: Playtime!  (Read 2254 times)

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
Re: Playtime!
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2010, 22:00:05 PM »
Current favourite is one of the play n squeak mice....in fact, I don't even need a mouse, I just need the sound effect on the computer to have him going mad trying to find it!  Other firm favourite is Da Mouse. :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2010, 21:31:12 PM »
Tanni popped a white one of these in with my auction item. It comes with a string that you dangle... 2 seconds later Gizzy chews the string so it snaps.... Since then Sagey Boy has kicked 7 bells out of it and carries it round for ages! Tried, tested and more importantly loved!  ;)

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/catalog/bouncing-squeaky-ducky-p-191.html

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2010, 20:47:11 PM »
I have a cat skills board purchased recently for my 2 which gets used before bedtime, where they have to suss out how to get to the treats.  Concept of it is good though for what it is, think it was a little pricey.  Think could quite easily come up with something using every day household stuff.  Treats in jars and they have to fish out with paw, um what else can we can.. egg boxes.. maybe we could change direction of the thread and come up with some innovative ideas if we our thinking caps on, feline inspired, inventive???

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2010, 20:06:20 PM »
:gpoint:

Thanks FF for the useful input.. I can always build on the track rather than get everything at once like you've done, besides the change will make it more appealing to them.  I have the light up ball already, am looking forward to using this in the B track.  I thought with having 2, they would entertain themselves, not the case apart from the 'cat chase' through the whole house 2x a day, the boy pretty much needs to be entertained 24/7 and as much as he thinks his human slave has nothing else to do other than to make D bird wand come alive, have to find some other stuff, trouble is he just doesn't seem to get worn out!!  funny- he has now sussed D bird is no fun without a human hand on the other end of it, so what does he do?? carry the wand by its sparkly attachment, drop want at my feet, flops himself down and looks at me with these 'sad' eyes' as if to say, 'please play with me again' and again and again and again and again.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Cats are soooo clever and soooo manipulative ....

I also like the idea of getting an intelligence toy for Noah there are some cool dog puzzles (Google Nina Ottosson) but they are VERY expensive, instead have been collecting toilet roll tubes and egg boxes to make something (katzenfummelbrett on YouTube) just need a Blue Peter presenter now!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2010, 19:47:04 PM »
 :gpoint:

Thanks FF for the useful input.. I can always build on the track rather than get everything at once like you've done, besides the change will make it more appealing to them.  I have the light up ball already, am looking forward to using this in the B track.  I thought with having 2, they would entertain themselves, not the case apart from the 'cat chase' through the whole house 2x a day, the boy pretty much needs to be entertained 24/7 and as much as he thinks his human slave has nothing else to do other than to make D bird wand come alive, have to find some other stuff, trouble is he just doesn't seem to get worn out!!  funny- he has now sussed D bird is no fun without a human hand on the other end of it, so what does he do?? carry the wand by its sparkly attachment, drop want at my feet, flops himself down and looks at me with these 'sad' eyes' as if to say, 'please play with me again' and again and again and again and again.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2010, 19:07:20 PM »
toilet tubes are a hit as well, surprising how household objects end up as their play things as well.  The boy loves to 'help' me sweep with dustpan and brush, really funny to watch.  Yes turbo track, looking forward to get it.  Have the senses equivalent ball in track and that seems to be a hit. If I were to get 2 turbo tracks, how many straights do you reckon I should get? Do you have a pic of what your track looks like to give some ideas what I could do?

This is shaping up as a great thread! ;D

If they like the Sense track they will love the Turbo Track I am sure. :sneaky: Obviously it depends on your finances what you buy as many cats are happy with the one set; as Noah is indoor and the only cat I wanted to keep him fully entertained. I now have two sets plus three straights, that is a good combination as it means each of the hills are separated by some fast track IYSWIM. If possible at least one more set of straights than you have original tracks with hills, I just keep adding each month as I think of a new layout I want to try! Our track is set up in the hall which is L-shaped and large for a flat, so now I have it in my head that it would be cool to go around the corner. There are loads of videos of Turbo Track configurations on YouTube as there was a competition, I don't 'do' technology.  :-[
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2010, 18:35:39 PM »
Its got to be the laser toys for the ginger ninjas , Beavis doesn't play anymore , he's such an old man lol!
Stevie, bless him , doesn't seem to have been played with as he wants to play but doesn't really know how. :(

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2010, 17:56:17 PM »
The Munchkin's absolute favorites are Dave the squirrel and Eric the mouse- both the sort with the velcro tummies you can fill with catnip. His next best favorite (at the moment) is an old shoelace OH dropped by accident. The shoelace has taken over from the piece of waxy paper that backed onto a sticky label when I last made chutney. On the other hand, none of the 'expensive' cat toys I've bought for him in the past have impressed him at all... aren't they funny? Like small children preferring the box to the present that came in it!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2010, 14:11:02 PM »
Jaffa and Mosi both prefer interactive toys to things like toy mice and balls, but Mosi will play with a ball or something if he finds one he's not seen for a while.  Funnily enough, if I try to throw one for him, he looks at me as though I'm mad.  But if he finds it himself, he will play with it for some time.  That is especially true of the strips off the top of bozita cartons.  If I throw one for him to play with, he's totally disinterested.  But if he finds one by himself, it becomes the greatest toy ever and keeps him occupied for some time.  His cat cube is his favourite toy and he uses it in ways you couldn't imagine.  He spends a lot of time wearing it  :shify:  I think pouncing on Jaffa is his no.1 passtime.

Jaffa can't resist anything that moves, so fishign rod style toys, wiggly waggler etc are popular with him as long as I start off the game.  He also goes for catnip and his catnip banana and catnip cigar are probably his favourite toys.  Mosi doesn't go for catnip which is a blessing really.  The idea of Mosi on catnip is scary.

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2010, 11:13:02 AM »
toilet tubes are a hit as well, surprising how household objects end up as their play things as well.  The boy loves to 'help' me sweep with dustpan and brush, really funny to watch.  Yes turbo track, looking forward to get it.  Have the senses equivalent ball in track and that seems to be a hit. If I were to get 2 turbo tracks, how many straights do you reckon I should get? Do you have a pic of what your track looks like to give some ideas what I could do?

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2010, 09:47:34 AM »
Ai chan goes crazy for nuts she loves this hazlenut from the Xmas seasion. This keeps her happy for ages. if I play with her and throw it she runs like she has a jetpac on lol. She also loves her plague rats toys.

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2010, 02:26:10 AM »
Pepsi loves a plastic egg with dried pasta inside, a little plastic cage with a jingly bell inside, Mr Mousey, plus anything dangly such as scarves, 'fishing rod' type toys, pieces of string. She goes crazy if I dangle a toy into one of those canvassy 'bag for life' things from the supermarket and rustle it around, it makes a crackly type noise which she loves!

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2010, 00:25:38 AM »
This is what persuaded me to risk two sets of Turbo Track right from the start:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIgdVucDeVU

The first few days it was set up Noah couldn't master getting the ball over the hills and seemed to lose interest. However he was clearly practicing overnight ... We now have two original sets plus three sets of straights plus the flashing ball, and about to order another original set and possibly some more straights!! :Crazy: Highly recommend the straights as they make the ball move faster, too many hills slow it down although many cats like sticking their arm under the hill. Also highly recommend the flashing ball which really got Noah playing regularly, especially at night. The Bergan stuff is awesome value for how much use we get - if Noah gets bored I just put it away for a fortnight!

Tunnels and cubes are brilliant for multi-cat households, Purrs regulars are always posting photos of their little monkeys at play! :naughty: Hope your guys love the Turbo Track as much as Noah.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2010, 23:03:29 PM »
I second D sparkler- same with my two.  Am waiting for the Bergan Turbo track to come in a week or so, have you just got the one track or did you add to it.  Can't decide on whether to get 2 to put together. Tried bubbles on the oldest one when she was little and likewise didn't take to them.  Play cubes are a hit as well and they like to go in them and hide from each other.  :lick:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 22:39:02 PM »
As I type Noah is having his :Crazy: time with a little furry mouse and a ping pong ball! Absolute favourite toy is a Da Bird attachment - Da Sparkler - play position on the rug is immediately adopted if I pick up the cardboard tube, huge pupils and barely able to contain himself as I put the wand together. A close second is Bergan Turbo Track which is played with several times a day, including in the middle of the night! :wow:

The biggest disaster has been bubbles, Noah runs and hides and won't come near me for ages.  :scared:
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 22:41:54 PM by Fire Fox »
Lulu's Catbook

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 22:33:51 PM »
 :coolpics:

wow Bonnie has an impressive ample selection of mice to keep her entertained

Nero, the 6 month loves D bird and teasers, he has these pom pom balls he likes to carry around in his mouth and occasionally he'll bat a mouse.  The older one has her moments where she'll pick up the odd mouse or play with D bird.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 22:17:27 PM »
These are just a few of Bonnie's toys and she actually plays with them all - small pink mouse is her most played with (I think).

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline butterfly32b

• Adult Cat
Playtime!
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 18:36:28 PM »
What's do your fur balls go crazy for when it comes to 'toys' :boxer:

Link to CatChat