Author Topic: Gone  (Read 8407 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: Bengal Kitten 1 year (female, silver) for rehoming in Surrey
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2008, 20:29:13 PM »
Fingers crossed that it all works out, she is a stunning girl and as I said on CC if you were closer I would have definately considered giving her a forever home.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Catbird

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2008, 14:07:38 PM »
So pleased to hear that, Bloo.  I hope it all works out for her.  It's such a shame that having planned so carefully, 'twas not to be.  :(

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2008, 00:07:37 AM »
Great news Bloo, will keep my fingers crossed  :Luv:

Offline NA

• Kitten
Gone
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2008, 23:18:30 PM »
NA
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 19:09:43 PM by bloo »

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2008, 22:34:54 PM »
Can only echo what catbird has said, in no way did i mean to offend you, so sorry if anything i posted upset you.  I think i recognise the breeding line and if im right im very surprised but then again i shouldnt be!

My offer of support/help stands anytime  :)  Good luck with finding your girl a wonderful home.

Catbird

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2008, 22:05:07 PM »
Sorry Bloo, I didn't mean to suggest that you were anything other than a very concerned owner - that seems to shine through in your posts.  The fact that the breeder was entirely happy to sell "breeding" cats with little interest in their future speaks loads   >:(.  It sounds to me as if your cat has been very lucky to find you - at least you are deeply concerned about her and are taking far more interest in her future than her breeder.  I don't know if it will help any but there is a website set up by a lady who got her Bengal from a breed rescue, it's http://www.sophiecat.co.uk/  The site is NOT a rescue and does not offer help to rehome but it does show the happy result of a bengal homed thru a breed rescue - a link is given.

Sorry to be so little help, I do feel for you and kudos for being so determined to find the right home. Sadly my Maine Coon has demonstrated clearly that she wants to be an only cat and I think a bengal flatmate would pretty much blow her mind.  Don't think the neighbours (I live in a flat) would be that thrilled either, cos man, those cats are LOUD!!

Best wishes to you both.

cb

Offline NA

• Kitten
Gone
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2008, 21:21:13 PM »
NA
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 19:09:17 PM by bloo »

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2008, 20:17:18 PM »
So sorry to hear things havent worked out for you and your beautiful bengal girl.

In the first instance i would definitely be speaking to the breeder.  Any reputable breeder would want to know about the situation you find yourself in and indeed would have it documented within the contract that in the event you are no longer able to keep the kitten/cat the cat be returned to them.  Even if after discussing things with the breeder its decided that its best your wee girl stays with you until being rehomed, the breeder will have a good network and should be able to help you find a new home.

Couple of sites that may be of interest:

Forum for bengal cat lovers......

http://www.bengalcatforums.com/forums/

The Bengal Cat Club of GB can also help with rehoming

http://www.bengalcatclub.co.uk/

I do breed bengals and am more than happy to help you in anyway i can if the breeder is not interested.  Whether that be reaching out within my network, placing some information about your beautiful girl on my website etc etc.

Catbird

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2008, 19:56:28 PM »
Hi Bloo,

I think you may already have explored this but reputable breeders will normally recognise that they have a lifetime responsibility for the kittens they breed, which means that they should take your girl back.  The breeder of my cat has such a policy and will take back any of her cats, no questions asked and will then rehome them herself if appropriate.  Very few of her cats do come back - possibly because she has an amazingly rigourous vetting policy for prospective owners of both kittens and adults.  I just thought it might be worth raising this with your breeder as you seem to be on reasonably good terms.  Take heart, there are those who, like me, prefer to take an older cat and avoid the hard work and destruction that raising kittens means.

PS - like everyone else has said, she really is a stunner!!

Offline NA

• Kitten
Gone
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2008, 17:58:32 PM »
NA
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 19:08:35 PM by bloo »

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 17:31:15 PM »
Have you asked the bengal breed rescue if they offer any kind of direct homing scheme? More chance of the people they get having prior experience of the breed and be prepared for what they are getting.
You may even find somone with a cat run/proofed garden which is much better for a cat like Mika.

I could never let a cat that beautiful outside, would worry too much that someone would steal her or being the typical athletic bengal would wander too far and get lost  :scared: :scared:

Theres a few bengal people on here who may be able to point you in the right direction  ;D

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2008, 16:29:42 PM »
Aw what a shame!  :hug:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2008, 16:24:57 PM »
Good Luck finding a new home for this gorgeous girl!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

>Gail....is it me or do you sound really interested?  :shify:

I would love her  - but I cant - Zubin wouldn't accept her  :( and he has to come first -

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2008, 15:45:20 PM »
Good Luck finding a new home for this gorgeous girl!  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

>Gail....is it me or do you sound really interested?  :shify:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2008, 15:33:22 PM »
I was wondering that as well, if she had another bengal to rough and tumble with she might be ok??

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2008, 15:27:41 PM »
It was strange as Zak (he was run over and killed- hence why my garden is now cat proofed) -a brown spotty had a dodgy tum - & Zebedee also brown spotty had a real bad tum till he was 1 (Zeb arrived after Zak -and is the half bro).

Where Zubin - brown marble -never had any tummy probs -he is zak's littler bro.
Zubin hate Thai my tabby girl as she gets cuddles and Zu gets so jelous. If he want to go out he beats the hell out of Zebeee.

Maybe it's because he has no territory - just his garden - if a cat climbs the fence - ooooo he goes mad - but then the headbutts and purrs - lying on my pillow- snuggling up on a winther night is just fab. he does pee in the corner and on Hubby washing. But hey i forgive him.
then the mad 24/7 - he's on non stop - running round - bouncing like tigger  -climbing on top of the door. I knew they were energetic but not this much - would I change my mind if I had known - NO CHANGE - I love their energy.

there in no way My Zuboo would accept another kitty in the house - though he might calm Misha down a bit  :)

I know you will find the right home for her -if your anything like me - you will home check - area check - you won't let her go anywhere. she would be best suited with other Bengal's - or someone who had had Bengal experience.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2008, 14:56:30 PM »
In our direct rehoming. We leave it up to the owners of the cat and new owners to inspect each other. There is some blurb about direct rehoming on our website www.canterbury.cats.org.uk. Sadly not everyone is truthful and despite me checking things out there have been times where people have lied about vac being up to date and then new people come back to me to see what i can do. When in reality I list those cats on our website in good faith and put people onto them through us..

However, there are always a few rules.. Cats ahve to be spayed and vac up to date (or at least within reason).

We do successfully rehome a few cats via our website but i know not all CPs are wlling to get involved with this.. However i am  happy to post on our website catchat link if you are happy... Its then up to you to vet new people...

Personally i always go through a pedigree rescue when we have some pedigrees in our care as they have the right people who know about the breed on their books. Sadly people will take a cat on due to its looks and not fully understand its temperament. But photos do help with rehoming.. Hope that helps
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2008, 14:54:06 PM »
I'm pretty lucky as my bengal isn't that bossy, she has tons of energy though!  Vicky Halls did tell me that I should watch out when she turned 2 as she would probably go a bit nutty but luckily she is three now and either asleep or running somewhere are 100 mph!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2008, 14:46:55 PM »
bloo, please don't worry, nobody is going to judge you, you are doing what is right and it sounds like you are going about it very carefully

Offline NA

• Kitten
Gone
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 14:43:18 PM »
NA
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 19:07:49 PM by bloo »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 14:23:55 PM »
I do think its a shame that some breeders aren't a bit more honest about some bengal traits - when mine had the stomach troubles I phoned the breeder and mentioned what Gail and others here had told me and she actually said "how did you find out"

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 14:05:04 PM »
Bloo.. I dont know if you have approached your local rescues that are on Catchat listing.. But if your local CP is able to perhaps help with direct rehoming her then at least she can be listed on their Cat Chat page.. You would still vet people etc... If your local CP doesnt do that (and some branches dont).  I dont think Catchat allow listings without a rescue authority.. ?

I am Kent based, if you wanted me to put her on our page then i can. But that may mean you get enquiries out of the area that you want to rehome her in. Has seen been spayed, vac, chipped etc.. ? Its probably in your postings about all that..

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 13:53:40 PM »
OHHhhh Bloo she is adorable - I have male Bengals and know they can be a handful - especially when there is a dominant one - my Zubin is dominant  - but VERY affectionate -

My lads are allowed out as my garden is now catproofed. I so hope you find that wonderful home for her. and I know how difficult it must be to part with her  :hug: :hug: :hug:, if I had to part with mine it would kill me.

If I could I would take her -even though I am no where near you -  :

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2008, 13:35:55 PM »
she's lovely Bloo, I've a brown spotted female myself and yes they are hard work, good luck with your search for a new home

Offline NA

• Kitten
Gone
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 13:27:45 PM »
Not applicable
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 19:06:45 PM by bloo »

Link to CatChat