Author Topic: Autumn - aged 22 - needs home - at RSPCA Norwich  (Read 4763 times)

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
Re: Autumn - aged 22 - needs home - at RSPCA Norwich
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2007, 09:35:17 AM »
I am chffed to bits for Autumn   ;D ;D ;D  :Luv2:

A Meow Massages your heart.

Online Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2007, 08:23:32 AM »
Glad she has a happy ending.
CS, can't wait to see your website.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 20:31:56 PM »
Aw what fab news  ;D

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 19:30:45 PM »
Im glad the fosterer is keeping her  ;D i was thinking the normal thoughts when the words old+cat+RSPCA are in one sentence

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 17:40:05 PM »
I'd love to do what you do, which rescue is it?

It's part of CP's Ashfield and Amber Valley branch called Woodland Nook. I'm in the process of creating a website for us so everyone can go and have a virtual cuddle!  :Luv:
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 08:48:03 AM »
Sounds wonderful CS, shame you are the wrong end of the country for me. I only adopt oldies, and foster a few too - although the oldest I have taken in is a 17yo. I hate the thought of them ending their life in a shelter, just a shame that money dictates I can't afford more than 2 at a time.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2007, 23:35:46 PM »
I'd love to do what you do, which rescue is it?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2007, 21:37:24 PM »
That's why our shelter was built. I tis a home for them rather than pens and they can live out their years being spoilt by their human slaves who dote on them.

In fact, when I was cleaning the other day, I found a dog jumper. Aunty Jane, the cats' chief servant, said it was for a cat they had named "scroddy" who was 23. Apparently she had very little fur and used to like to wear said jumper to keep warm.

Amongst all of this there are some really heartwarming stories and people like Jane who devote their time and an awful lot of their own money to making golden oldies feel special  :Luv:

You probably all know this by now but I'm a huge oldie fan and will stick to homing elderly, disabled or terminally ill cats forever.  :Luv2:

So it ain't all bad!

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2007, 18:31:11 PM »
I really hope that Autumn has found a new home with someone and is getting lots of loving. :Luv2:

Reminds me of a similar case we had last year.  Owners didn't want the cat any more as she was 'old' at 22.  :'( After explaining the ins and outs and how handing the cat in would potentially end her life... they just said... oh well....  (grrrrrrrr) >:(   >:(

wait for it though..... :Crazy:

This was followed by a request of  "...do you have any kittens you're looking to rehome"    what a cheek!!!!  more front than blackpool!! :shocked:

all I will say is they received the sharp edge of our tongue and sadly 48 hrs after the old girl came in she passed away.  It was just too much for her. :(

it really makes me mad as I'm sure it does many of you!

When I rang they said the fosterer was keeping her so everything sounds ok for her thankfully.

What a sad story about that cat I'd have been fuming with them - how could they, that's why I go for the oldies now they must wonder what has happened poor things.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:15:07 AM by janeyk »

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2007, 18:28:43 PM »
:wow: You remember him well, yes he had thyroid problem and had ni teeth, and slightly deaf, but he was the sweetest and kindest cat i have ever had .  :Luv: :Luv:

He came home with me and settled in the first day , he was a sweet heart, but sadly he developed liver problem and then the big intestine cancer :( He didnt suffer though .

He was the boss here and my god he looooved his food,becos of his thyroid he had a BIG appetite,bless him. :Luv2: I do miss him lots :'

When i went there in february they had over 20 oldies, i always kept in touch with one of the managers Harry and when i called him to say Jim was PTS, he said it was inevitable and they have lost quite a few of them since i visited them in feb :(

But i am so glad that Jim had a place to call home and a slave to serve him, i was told he was in the wood green for 4 years!!

I dont know how long Byron was there , but i think its a wonderfull think that you took her in and i hope you have many happy years with her :hug: Love to see her picci's :thanks:

Poor ole Jim (I so wanted that kitty) glad you gave him a lovely home though - he sounds adorable.

Byron had been at Wood Green for 3 yrs when we adopted her she was 18 when she came in with her brother but he died soon after.  She appears very fit, keeps a good weight, eats well, we had all her teeth removed (bar 2 in the jaw) her bloods were fine etc, she does really well for her age and seems so settled.  I've kept in touch with Harry too and sent him photos of her etc.
There is a picture of her somewhere pn here but I've not posted any for ages.

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2007, 18:17:14 PM »
I really hope that Autumn has found a new home with someone and is getting lots of loving. :Luv2:

Reminds me of a similar case we had last year.  Owners didn't want the cat any more as she was 'old' at 22.  :'( After explaining the ins and outs and how handing the cat in would potentially end her life... they just said... oh well....  (grrrrrrrr) >:(   >:(

wait for it though..... :Crazy:

This was followed by a request of  "...do you have any kittens you're looking to rehome"    what a cheek!!!!  more front than blackpool!! :shocked:

all I will say is they received the sharp edge of our tongue and sadly 48 hrs after the old girl came in she passed away.  It was just too much for her. :(

it really makes me mad as I'm sure it does many of you!
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2007, 18:14:45 PM »
 :wow: You remember him well, yes he had thyroid problem and had ni teeth, and slightly deaf, but he was the sweetest and kindest cat i have ever had .  :Luv: :Luv:

He came home with me and settled in the first day , he was a sweet heart, but sadly he developed liver problem and then the big intestine cancer :( He didnt suffer though .

He was the boss here and my god he looooved his food,becos of his thyroid he had a BIG appetite,bless him. :Luv2: I do miss him lots :'

When i went there in february they had over 20 oldies, i always kept in touch with one of the managers Harry and when i called him to say Jim was PTS, he said it was inevitable and they have lost quite a few of them since i visited them in feb :(

But i am so glad that Jim had a place to call home and a slave to serve him, i was told he was in the wood green for 4 years!!

I dont know how long Byron was there , but i think its a wonderfull think that you took her in and i hope you have many happy years with her :hug: Love to see her picci's :thanks:

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2007, 17:56:14 PM »
 :Luv: :Luv: Sidney. What a poor little furbabe, hope he gets rid of those nasty marks soon, he's gorgeous!  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2007, 17:25:20 PM »
Stop it Gail!!!  :naughty: - no, pennies aren't the problem (getting down there prob would be ie time)

but alactually I did ring in case they were really really desperate (we don't reeaally want to adopt another) but it seems the fosterer is keeping her so that's good news and prob best.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2007, 14:41:43 PM »
Aww, poor thing, we adopted Byron last year she'll be 23 now.  I'd love her too.

Janye go get her.  I'll pop you some pennies for fuel. you know you want her. Poor little darling xxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2007, 13:11:27 PM »
Awwwww, lovely photos of Jim, I feel all funny now seeing him again.

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2007, 13:08:57 PM »
Aww, poor thing, we adopted Byron last year she'll be 23 now.  I'd love her too.
Hi janeyk, i read your post which says you adopted her from woodgreen animal shelter, i adpted jim from there last february,he was 17. sadly he was with me only for 4 short months. He was lovely . i wonder if you remember seeing him there? I post his piccis. The reason he came home with me was becos he was the only one which didnt mind other cats,bless. But i have to say i will give a home to an oldie anyday .They are the best.

OMG! I can't believe it!! I nearly adopted Jim!!

I originally rang enquiring about Byron but had a few other names in mind - ie the least likely to be rehomed/would get on with other cats.  Anywhow we travelled down there from Yorkshire but when I got down and saw Jim he looked more needy than Byron - although younger - I think he was hyperthyroid is that right? anyway he'd been a stray and looked so tatty bless him.  We were there about 2 hrs because I couldn't make my mind up between Jim & Bryon so I let my husband/staff decide.  My husband said Byron because she's the one we'd originally enquired for and staff said she was prob more placid and would travel better.  I never forgot Jim and afterwards rang and asked about him and they said he'd been rehomed.  So it was you!  So sorry about Jim but glad you adopted him, I still look on their site now I looked the other day and it seems that the ones left are those who need to be the only cat, the good thing is there are only a few yet there were over 40 if I remember rightly when we adopted Byron, we were the first to adopt I think.  Nice to speak to you anyway  :)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 11:19:57 AM »
OOPS the picis didnt go through ;)

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »
Hi janeyk, i read your post which says you adopted her from woodgreen animal shelter, i adpted jim from there last february,he was 17. sadly he was with me only for 4 short months. He was lovely . i wonder if you remember seeing him there? I post his piccis. The reason he came home with me was becos he was the only one which didnt mind other cats,bless. But i have to say i will give a home to an oldie anyday .They are the best.

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 09:16:26 AM »
http://www.rspcanorwich.org.uk/cats/index.html

I hope this is good news ... as Autumns no longer listed on their website  ;D

Though theres lots of others that my heart goes out to ... Sidney, Sherry especially

Offline Janeyk

• Board Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2007, 11:42:26 AM »
« Last Edit: November 04, 2007, 11:42:55 AM by janeyk »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2007, 11:07:13 AM »
 >:( >:(  poor baby.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Jasmine

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2007, 23:28:13 PM »
Oh, poor little thing, let's hope she finds a home soon.

I have a 22 year old now, had her just over 2 years, so there is hope Autumn...  at least the RSPCA are looking after her, they don't always pts elderly cats, my Holly came from the local RSPCA, aged 16 (RIP sweetheart), although they hadn't bothered to 'advertise' her, I just found her by chance when I went to look at another puss.

Offline zoe (tiggy + pipins mum)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2007, 19:06:10 PM »
i saw her a few weeks back and i put a post up on here "something like how could someone do this"

If i didn't have 2 kittens i would take her in but it wouldn't be fair on her.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 18:31:17 PM »
Did the owners just not want her or were they unable to keep her for some reason?  If it was the first, they are truly horrible to do that to her. >:(

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 17:45:05 PM »
Aww, I really do hate seeing oldies end up in rescues, they deserve home comforts for the end of their lives. Shame I am too far away and full - she would fit in well here with the 17 yo, 2 x 14yo's (although Molly is 15 next month), a 13yo and a 10yo - really do need to home the 5 yo, she lets the side down!!
Please spay your cat

Offline Stuart

• Honorary Cat
  • Hamish, Misty, Olivia & Robbie
  • Slave to: none :'(
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 17:24:44 PM »
"she was unwanted by her owners"  :censored: >:(  :censored: >:( >:( >:(
That just Boil's my Blood, I would take Her and make the last year's of her Life amazing  :wow:
But I'm 2 far away  :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 17:26:15 PM by Stuart (Misty's Dad) »
Dad to Bridge babes Hamish, Misty, Olivia and Robbie :'(

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 17:02:41 PM »
Aw bless.....what a terrible stress for her at that age  :(

Offline scattycat

• Adult Cat
Autumn - aged 22 - needs home - at RSPCA Norwich
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 17:00:45 PM »
http://www.rspcanorwich.org.uk/cats/index.html

It breaks my heart when I see cats like Autumn in a re-homing centre - aged 22 I'm surprised the different environment hasnt killed her - I'd have her in an instant but need to win the lotto tonight as we rent and are at our maximum of 3 cats.

Link to CatChat