Author Topic: Another pregnant feral - Piccie now added.  (Read 4004 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Another pregnant feral - Piccie now added.
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 14:10:45 PM »
I'll give you a bell later and give you a few pointers  :hug:  Thanks for trying to help these little ones and you've got my number if you get any problems, xxx

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 13:39:30 PM »
Thank you so much for your help, Dawn. Have spoken to girl at chemist, there are 4 older kittens.

Would be grateful if you could put me in touch with anyone who knows how to trap. This is all new to me.
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2007, 19:29:23 PM »
I've just sent you a pm Hippykitty, I'm popping out but won't be long  :hug:

Offline Hippykitty

• Super Cat
  • Victoria, Lucy, Cydric,
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2007, 19:23:30 PM »
Sorry to hijack this thread, Dawn, but need some advice. Went into local shop yesterday and again today and the shopkeeper mentioned some cats that he and the chemist were feeding. He wanted advice. I went to see the woman at the chemist who told me that there was a family of cats 'you can't get near to' in the back gardens. She was especially concerned because there were already two litters (some she'd had recently, and an older set) and she thought the queen was pregnant again.

She was going to phone the RSPCA, but considering what peeps have said on Purrs, I recommended CP and told her I'd take some numbers tomorrow. It was passed six when I got home, but I rang the CP anyway and was told that the nearest branch had too much on at the mo, but was given a number to ring tomorrow.

I asked what they would do with the cats/kittens. The CP woman said TNR. This would be fine in the summer, but it's getting so cold for ferals to be outside.

I don't think the queen has been feral for long. I think she's part of the mass of 'dumped' cats from June, when last year's students left. I think she's probably still tameable. (Polly was feral for six years, but has tamed.)

Would the CP return them in such cold weather? Surely room could be found somewhere, and the kittens homed. I'm tempted to take the mum myself even though I haven't seen her.

I don't really know how CP work. Any advice would be welcome.  :thanks:
Cats were once gods; they have never forgotten this, nor have the people they own.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2007, 21:28:54 PM »
Awwww the wee tabby girl looks like my Rascal  :Luv2:

So glad another wee kitten has been saved  :)

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2007, 19:08:35 PM »
Excellent news
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2007, 19:03:38 PM »
The other little kitten has been trapped  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  :yayyy:  I'm soooooooo pleased, I'm going to pick him up now  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2007, 17:27:30 PM »
This little lady has gone back home again and has been in the trap again since returning  :Crazy:  Good news tonight though, one of her babies has been trapped and hopefully the other one won't take long before he's caught.  This one seems in good conditiion although slightly small compared to the one the lady next door picked up a few weeks ago.  The weather is absolutely awful here today so I'm glad this little one will be in the warmth  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 19:56:16 PM »
I've had a phone call from the guy whose garden this little babe frequents today and the last couple of days he's seen 2 youngsters  :tired:  :tired:  I suspect they are hers from her last litter by the sounds of it so I will have to try and trap them the next few days.  The good thing with this guy is, he doesn't moan, is extremely helpful and cares about the cats and will feed regularly  :)  I just wish more people were like this  :sneaky:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 10:30:28 AM »
Awww, she's beautiful. Has she got a name - I looked at the picture and the name Thea popped in to my head. No idea why! Please give her a fuss from me if she'll allow it!

*EDIT: I've just looked Thea up and it means "Goddess." Odd that it would just appear like that in my head!*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 10:32:22 AM by JackSpratt »

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2007, 04:23:24 AM »
Ah that made things less complicated....not being pregnant  :wow:

Hope the blood tests results are good  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 20:22:41 PM »
Fab news for this little girl, she wasn't pregnant  ;D  ;D  The vet said her uterus was quite small and her milk had also dried up from her last litter, she said it was safe to assume she had no kittens feeding off her and not to worry  :shify:  She has been wormed, deflead and bloodtested and she can go home the end of next week.  The little lad has also been done, his lympth nodes were up so he's been blood tested as well just in case, he's been given a long acting antibiotic and hopefully he's just a little run down.  In himself, he seems fine, he's bright eyed and a good weight, I'll have to get Dave to keep an eye on him in case he's coming down with something.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Another pregnant feral.
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 11:38:32 AM »
Blow her a little kiss from me.

I will do  :Luv:  She's in the vets now bless her, and she's having a full check up and being deflead and wormed.  I've also asked for an FIV test as I think this is one of Lucas's little ladies.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 11:34:08 AM »
I'm going to see how she is over the next few days, if she's settles down it would be great to get somewhere for her, she is beautiful and I too have a bit of a soft spot for my tabby babes  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  She isn't nasty and hasn't hissed or spit at me, she is just frightened but she's used to being fed and tends to allow the people feeding her to get reasonably close.  

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 11:31:18 AM »
Aww bless her she's gorgeous with those big eyes. Blow her a little kiss from me.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 09:41:30 AM »
OHHh DD she's a stunner. An absolute babe  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

You know me and tabbies. Here at work i have my kitty phots on display and people think it is the same cat. I say it's 5 different ones. they look so much alike.

And this little one looks very much like my Thai xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 23:49:09 PM »
Here's a pic of the little tabby  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  She has a problem with her right ear, not sure if she's had an injury in the past but it's bent over forward, I'll get the vet to check it for her tomorrow.  She is gorgeous  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 23:55:38 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 23:04:50 PM »
Good luck for them all tomorrow Dawn.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 20:20:37 PM »
The good thing with Sean is because I've dealt with him for so long, he sees the problems with the ferals and tries his best to fit them in when he can, even if they are fully booked, he will do his utmost.  With the ferals, they need to be in, done and released as soon as they can for their own mental wellbeing as much as anything else.  The male I've took in tonight is not impressed but I transfered into another trap in the vets so he now has a comfy bed and litter tray  :)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 17:28:56 PM »
Apart from you DD your vet is amazing also  ;D

Having kittens so close to each other will be hard on her and I support your decision its defo for the best  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 17:17:30 PM »
I've got 2 male cats booked in tomorrow but with them being outdoor ferals, I can't always guarantee they are going to be caught.  Today I've caught one which is from the same garden as this little one so he'll be going in tonight ready for the chop tomorrow.  I've had a chat with the vets and they've agreed to do the female for me tomorrow as well.  I feel awful as I do think she's pregnant but at least this way she can go back home next week, she's not huge but does have a bump and I feel another litter so close to her last one isn't going to do her any favours.  I'll be taking her in in the morning otherwise she will have to be stuck in a crush cage or trap all night which wouldn't exactly be comfortable for her.  I'll try and get some piccies of her later, she is a beautiful girl but extremely nervous, poor little babe  :(
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 17:18:22 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 22:40:34 PM »
Fingers crossed she isn't pregnant, but at least if it is, it will be her last lot.
Please spay your cat

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 15:36:35 PM »
OH DD you do such a fantastic job  :hug: :hug:.

Tabby  :blow kiss: you know how I love them. I hope isn't preggers again. At least now she won't have any more babies, bless her.

When she's settled can I (yes I just for me  ;D) have a photo.

Give her a little wave and blow her a kiss from me.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Another pregnant feral - Piccie now added.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 15:30:32 PM »
Just trapped the tabby feral I've been after for a few weeks.  We weren't sure if she had kittens somewhere but whilst making enquiries the other night, I found out someone had picked a kitten up a good few weeks ago which she found in her garden and we think this is the mum.  The kitten is probably about 14 weeks old and I can't really tell at the moment but this little one has apparently got a nice size bulge on her again  :tired:  She's in a crush cage at the moment and I'll get a better look once I transfer her.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2007, 23:54:12 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat