Author Topic: any rescue spaces, homes available for 2 young cats - Berkshire/Reading area  (Read 3815 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: any rescue spaces, homes available for 2 young cats
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 11:59:54 AM »
Hi If you want to rehome them still then pm me as I am in oxfordshire and foster cats and kittens and I maybe able to help find them a home.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2007, 09:45:39 AM »
I phoned my local CPL recently regarding spaying and wasn't told about this. Is it for all areas?

It is and on each batch of vouchers there are full instructions.

Alot of CP sites iv looked at still claim you have to be on benefits and they dont mention the full cost vouchers either.

All I can suggest is that each time you see that you send e-mail to that branch stating that perhaps they should read the front cover of each pad of vouchers they receive. I have passed on your comments to the voucher dept at CP HQ also.

Below is what is written on the front cover of each voucher batch. So I fail to understand why everyone does not know. Although I expect with the internet sites they have possible forgot to amend:-

The  advice for vouchers all branches received:-

Neutering is the only effective way we have of restricting the number of unplanned kittens being born - becoming the unwanted cats of tomorrow. While it is always a better use of our limited resources to neuter a single female than to foster, feed, treat, care and find good homes for its offspring, please use your experience and judgment when issuing these vouchers.

1.    These Yellow (variable value) Vouchers are to be used in place of cash or the Branch veterinary account for most of our neutering work.

2.    Please always use them to cover the full agreed cost of neutering all the cats which pass through CP Branch and Foster care.

3.    Issue them for kittens that are re-homed before being neutered and for adult cats that are homed intact for any reason.

4.    Use them when assisting with feral colonies and multi-cat dwellings (in these cases two vouchers can be used for the whole group; simply enter the number of male and female cats involved and the total cost in the value box). If your Branch does not have the funds to cover the cost of these group neutering situations, then prior to committing to help, please call the Campaigns Department for advice and approval of spend (we have a limited central budget to assist with this work).

3.    Yellow Vouchers should also be used for Branch neutering campaigns where you wish to fund more than the standard Pink and Blue Voucher values. Please do not print your own.

6.    These Yellow Vouchers should also now be used by Branches which in the past subsidised or topped-up Pink and Blue Vouchers, or paid for operations on privately-owned cats directly via the Branch veterinary account or locally produced vouchers.

7.      Eligibility. Yellow Vouchers may be issued to anyone in genuine need of our financial assistance, this includes students, anyone in receipt of means-tested benefits and those reliant on pensions or low wages. However, if, in your opinion, the cat would not be neutered if we did not help, then please do issue a voucher. They may also be used to assist other reputable feline welfare groups (should the need arise). Our only priority is to reduce the population of unplanned, unwanted and abandoned cats in the UK.
There is of course the normal Blue neuter vouchers value  £20 and the Pink spay vouchers value £26.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 11:41:29 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline aitch

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Loki, Tabitha, Frank, Nell and Percy
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2007, 20:04:43 PM »
Hi,
Sorry to hear about your situation,it can't be easy for you at all and must be a real worry too.
I'm in Reading and was wondering which rescues you have tried locally.
Have you tried TVAW, based nearer Henley/Oxfordshire?  They do alot of work in this area.
If you need any details please get in touch.
Best wishes,
Helen.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2007, 19:48:50 PM »
Alot of CP sites iv looked at still claim you have to be on benefits and they dont mention the full cost vouchers either. Its a shame as some people are going to be put off by that and the only thing that really matters is to de-bit as many cats as poss.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 19:26:36 PM »
...they can nowadays pay the fill cost of neutering on their new Yellow vouchers. You do not have to be on benefits or low income to qualify.

I phoned my local CPL recently regarding spaying and wasn't told about this. Is it for all areas?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 18:47:04 PM »
Thank you I have emailed them adn will call on Monday, wehn they open.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 18:26:06 PM »
we have explored all other avenues and at the moment are not entitled to any help with money - therefore are unable to get them neutered. Thanks

Please contact your local Cats Protection ASAP, they can nowadays pay the fill cost of neutering on their new Yellow vouchers. You do not have to be on benefits or low income to qualify. If they will not help you (although there is no reason for them not to) please contact me immediately and I will get it sorted.

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 18:21:31 PM »
Cp should be able to help with vouchers to at least reduce the price of neutering but if you are living quite that close to the edge that will probably not help. Heck, there have been times in my life when the need of £5 has reduced me to tears so I do empathise. It's not like you don't have enough on your plate just dealing with the grief over the loss of your little one. Take one day at a time and make sure those kitties are at least on the waiting list of the rescues, as they all have waiting lists that you have to get through. This must be really terrible for you honey and we do sympathise with your plight, it is just that there are so many kitties out there and so few people doing anything about it ... :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 18:19:53 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Maybe contact a local rescue and explain your situation financially. They might be able to help with the neutering.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 18:01:44 PM »
We have the plug ins - we cannot afford to have the neutered at the moment as due to the pre-eclampsia i have had too much time off worka dn am now not being paid - therefore we are having problems paying our mortgage etc - insurance doesnt apply as got ill before the 3 months inital period was up - we have explored all other avenues and at the moment are not entitled to any help with money - therefore are unable to get them neutered. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 17:46:01 PM »
Neutering them would also settle things between your other cats while you wait for a space to come up.

That and some feliway plug-ins ...

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 17:30:14 PM »
If you neuter and vaccinate them it may help make them more appealing to take in.

Neutering them would also settle things between your other cats while you wait for a space to come up.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 13:50:49 PM »
Hi Sarah  :welcome: to Purrs.
So sorry for the awful time you've had hun.
We will try and help as much as we can. Do you have any pics of the lads? And all the info you can give about them would be brill.

:Luv:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 13:22:03 PM »
I am sorry for your loss.

Unfortunately all rescues are full to bursting just now. I suggest you get them on as many 'good quality' rescue lists ASAP. Every hour you leave it they will be further down the list.  think it would be wise to have them neutered immediately as rescues who have cats in there homes are not too happy to take in unneutered toms and even in pens in the garden it is not really fair, also they are at risk from testicular cancer, prostrate problems and related infections ,  FIV & FeLV.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 16:06:24 PM by Ela »

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 13:03:41 PM »
Goodness you have had a rough time lately. And so sorry for your loss.

Welcome to the forum. At least if we can't sort your problem out we can offer lots of support. I am in kent and don't have a car so no help other than moral support I am afraid ... :hug:

Offline fairihell

• Kitten
Hi

We were wondering if anyone could help, we have 2 young male cats (around a year we believe) that need a new home and are having real trouble getting them into a rescue, as are all full up.

They originally belonged to an elderly relative who died earlier this year, we have had them 3 months and planned to keep them and get them neutered etc, but due to pre-eclampsia our baby was still born recently and this along with problems between them and our own cats we feel the best thing for them would be to find them a new home.

We are based near Reading in Berkshire, any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Can email photos if interested.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 22:41:24 PM by Rebecca (beccaviola) »

Link to CatChat