Author Topic: Anyone able to help with temporary fostering for approx 4 weeks for 3 cats - Hampshire (NOW SORTED)  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
That's great news.  I hope this lady can get sorted out and will soon be re-united with her furry family.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thats brilliant and one furry family able to stay together  ;D ;D

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Pleased to say that Barbara's Cat Rescue in Southampton has been able to fit these three in for Debi, so they will be going over there tomorrow for their temporary stay.

Thanks to everyone for their help with this.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Rafflesmoore

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Elsie,Baby Blue,Dolly,Lilo,Marmalade, Oscar aka Ginger Ninja, Sweetheart (Raffles, Chappie, Chu Chi & Bonnie at Rainbow Bridge)
I have cross posted it onto Cat Chat.

Hope that is OK

Offline Rafflesmoore

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Elsie,Baby Blue,Dolly,Lilo,Marmalade, Oscar aka Ginger Ninja, Sweetheart (Raffles, Chappie, Chu Chi & Bonnie at Rainbow Bridge)
Hello Edd

Are you going to cross post onto Cat Chat or shall I. It definitely is not on there.

Julie

Offline nickynoo93

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Charlie, Poppy, Wordy and Ollie. RIP Bridge Baby Harry. x
Not a nice situation to be in, I can't help unfortunately as we are moving over the coming weeks.

Good luck getting some help with this.

Nicky

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Lesley - No cannot see anything posted on CatChat forum

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Apparently Debi has tried Cat Chat, that's where she got my name from.

Could not see that she has posted on the forum. She may have just accessed rescues list in Hampshire?

Will go and have a check around the forum again.............

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Apparently Debi has tried Cat Chat, that's where she got my name from.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Lesley - wonder if this would be worth cross-posting on Cat Chat forum as well.

Think they may have a number of regular posters who are from Hampshire.  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
How very very sad and it would be great if someone could help

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
I've had an e-mail from someone in Fareham who is being evicted and cannot get into new permanent address for approx four weeks.  She has three cats, two elderly neutered girls, 14 years old, and one male neutered 1 year old, who one of the girls does not get on with.

The boy is up-to-date with his vaccinations but the girls are not.

Have attached copy of e-mails if anyone is able to help.

Hi   there,

I   found your details on Catchat.org,  and was wondering if you (or if you know of   anyone/anywhere) can help me.  I currently have 3 beautiful cats, two 14 year   old sisters, Candy and Floss who I've had since they were 8 weeks old and a new   addition, 1 year old tom, Scampi who turned up in my garden last year as a tiny   unwanted kitten.  Due to very unfortunate circumstances I am about to lose my   home, and my daughter and I are having to move into temporary accommodation for   a few weeks until we can settle into our new home.  I am looking for   someone/somewhere that can home my 3 cats for these few weeks.  I have tried   RSPCA and Cats Protection but they will only take them if I sign them over for   re-homing which I am not prepared to do as I want them back as soon as we are   settled in our new home.  I love all 3 of them to bits and it breaks my heart   just to be parted from them for a few weeks.  Due to all the moving costs I am   unable to afford a cattery as they will need 2 units, 1 for the girls and 1 for   Scampi as Candy doesn't get on with him and will not tolerate him in a confined   space for long.  I would of course be prepared to visit as often as possible to   empty litter, feed, clean and generally help out and would of course make a   donation.  I would be so grateful if either you, of anyone you know of could   help me.  I am at my wits end and do not want to lose my babies.

Thank you so much for your time. 

Kind Regards,

Dear Debi 

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't know whether I will be able to help as I   am chocca here at the moment but let me have some more info and I will see if I   can do anything. 

Are they are all neutered and up-to-date with vaccinations? 

When do you have to be out of your current property? 

Does Scamp get on with other cats? 

Would Candy and Floss be all right if they had to go into a pen for the   period? 

Is the three week period a definite thing or do you still have to find   somewhere after the temporary accommodation? 

Whereabouts are you? 

Sorry for the questions but if you can let me know the answers I will see   if there is anything I can do. 

Kind regards. 

Lesley

HI Lesley,

Thank you for getting back to me, sorry I haven't replied sooner but I've   not had access to a computer for a couple of days, plus I've had to start   packing up.  I've also been in negotiations with my landlord trying to stop this   eviction but all to no avail it is still going ahead and unfortunately we have   to now be out by 12.30 tomorrow afternoon. 

As for the cats, they are all spayed/neutered and micro chipped.  Scampi's   jabs are up to date but unfortunately the girls aren't, for several reasons.   Floss doesn't leave the house and Candy doesn't go further than the garden as   they are old (and unfortunately a bit overweight) so other than Scampi (who is   never really around anyway) they have no contact with other cats.  Plus, they   absolutely hate going to the vet, they get really, really stressed and upset and   I really didn't want to keep putting them through this as I have been very lucky   with their health and have not had to take them for any other reasons.  They   have both stayed in catteries in the past and would be absolutely fine in a pen   together.  Scampi is the most laid back cat I've ever come across and gets on   with anyone/anything, he has desperately tried to get on with the girls but it's   them who don't like him!  They are all very loving (especially Floss and Scampi,   Candy takes a little longer and it's always on her terms).  The time frame we   have been given to get into our permanent property is around 4 weeks and   unfortunately I don't have any more info on that at the moment, but even a   couple of weeks to start with would be a great help, as it would at least give   me more time to find another temporary home if necessary for any longer period.     

We live in Fareham and I work in Southampton but I do have access to a car   so am willing to travel pretty much anywhere in Hampshire if necessary! 

Sorry to bombard you with all this information but I really do appreciate   you getting back to me and trying to help and of course I do completely   understand if you are unable to. It is a lot to ask. 

Thanks again, I look forward to hearing from you.  My mobile number is  (number witheld for privacy reasons) if it's easier to call me.  I will be in a meeting at the council   offices this morning (hopefully they can give me some more info on time frames   etc) but you can leave a message and I will call you back or if not I will be at   home finishing off packing from about 1pm onwards. 

Thanks, 
Debi
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 18:30:06 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »

Link to CatChat