Author Topic: Any other CP people receive a parcel today?  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Any other CP people receive a parcel today?
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 20:04:06 PM »
Hello all sorry i have not been on Purrs much lately. I have had major problems with the new upgrade.. does anyone know how i can change the way the boards look and to make them much clearer and darker to read? To Customise it.. as i cannot see a darn thing, the fonts are too feint and the who boards are very difficult to see...

Hi Sharon

You can go back to the old 'Babylon' theme if you're not getting on with the new look...

Click on Profile at top, look for "look and layout" in the left menu and click on it.

On that page at the top you have "Current Theme" and alongside "Purrs" Change
Click "change"

It will give you a list of 4 themes you can personally have
-The Forum defualt is the same as the new one
-SMF Default is the new smf 2 as standard (similar to new one but without us modifying to suit a cat theme)
-Babylon theme is like the old one
-Purrs is our new one (same as Forum default)

If you want the old style look back ..........
Select use this theme under the Babylon theme option.

For peeps using the old style - Babylon theme
The menu in the old version isn't a drop down one yet so to get to the arcade, chat, Quiz and gallery
go to this thread under forum help up the top section - http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,33655.0.html

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 13:19:38 PM »
[/b]Hello all sorry i have not been on Purrs much lately. I have had major problems with the new upgrade.. does anyone know how i can change the way the boards look and to make them much clearer and darker to read? To Customise it.. as i cannot see a darn thing, the fonts are too feint and the who boards are very difficult to see...

Anyhow back to this.. Between me and Caroline we have been trying to get a grips with all this new paperwork for the new adoption fee and i made a mess up. As i thought the new forms where replaces theold homing forms but they arent! So all the new Petplan stuff yo have can go back to Caroline (can you drop off Mark when passing) or just leave in the shed.. The ame applies to Julie and anyone else.. Stupidly HQ have not replaced any new homing forms and therefore i am having to come up with one for our branch... All in all i think they have really not get their act together fast enough and have left this much too late for it to dribble down to fosterers, branches and welfare.. I wait to see what effect it has on our branch, when things are slow and slower already... I have a feeling that this will take time to get used to an we will see a decrease(even more so) in the number of pairs rehomed... Personally its giving me a headache!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 17:25:39 PM »
No I wouldn't say it's changed my life either Julie  :evillaugh: but it is sometimes useful to find out what's going on at the National end, I usually have a look once a month or so just to see what's on. At the moment I keep checking to see what's happening with our proposed adoption centre (not a lot unfortunately  :rofl:)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 15:02:05 PM »
I have a fish on the intranet to find the current welfare standards. Maybe refer to it once or twice a year perhaps. Can't say it's changed my life though.  :evillaugh: Sally does all our ordering and she does it via post I think.  :shy:

Pudding, I didn't order this stuff either. It just arrived.  :shy: You'll get yours tomorrow I would think.

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 14:44:44 PM »
There is some useful information on there Mark, might be worth getting your password again  ;D I also use it for ordering all our leaflets and goods for selling as it saves lots of lists and emails  :rofl: They seem to be putting more and more stuff on there as it saves paper and postage in sending stuff out to us.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 14:37:54 PM »
I have never been on the intranet. I lost my password then forgot all about it  :shy:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 12:28:19 PM »
I got ours sent direct to our Homing Officer as she does all the paperwork so hopefully she will have received today. As far as I can remember it was the adoption fee email address that we sent the details to. If you have a look on the intranet at the adoption fee section it should give you the info. Hope that helps  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 12:23:22 PM »
Thanks for reminding me Mark, I forgott o order mine. Can you email me the address please

I didn't ask for it so no idea who did  :shify:. Maybe Sharon gave our names & addresses to HQ?

I will have a look but AFAIK, there will just be the normal HQ address on it - there is nothing on the envelope. It is addressed to "Canterbury & district" with my name & address.

Anyway, just going to get ready & off to try to catch a stray at the Little Chef in Dunkirk.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 12:25:04 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 12:15:29 PM »
Yep, I did. More paperwork! Lovely, jubbly!  :tired:

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 12:15:03 PM »
Thanks for reminding me Mark, I forgott o order mine. Can you email me the address please

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Any other CP people receive a parcel today?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
With new-style homing forms and information pack? - I haven't been through it all but assume it is to do with changing over to set fees at the beginning of October?

Link to CatChat