Author Topic: Bit concerning phone call......  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Bit concerning phone call......
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2008, 07:49:48 AM »
That happens a lot to us also. Whenever we receive a call I ring a homechecker,, if it is one that works I tell the caller that the homechecker works and will phone as soon as they get home and advise them of the approx time. Sometimes by the time the homechecker has called them sometimes only 2 or 3 hours later the caller has a cat/kitten for a certain rescue who will be nameless, but supposedly always does home checks but hasn't in the cases I talk about.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 20:54:58 PM »
i hate people like that, we had one last week, I got the e-mail on Fri morning, tried her twice on Fri, then gave up to have a night out, got her on Sat to find she had already got sorted, and another person who said they would get back to me when they had sorted a week off out acquired a kitten, despite telling me she wanted an adult cat and not a kitten!! I always try to think that they just werent right for one of our cats.
Please spay your cat

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 16:16:05 PM »
I had a similar thing. A lady wanted some farm cats and I was out trapping. By the time I returned the lady had contacted another rescue who had homechecked her and given her some domestic strays found near Margate pier. Sometimes you just want to give up! :Dont know:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 14:36:14 PM »
When I lost Beau - I emailed / called many rescues and no one got back to me.  >:(

some poor homeless kitties lost out to a fabulous home.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 14:28:41 PM »
Thant happens quite a lot to us, it always amazes me how they get them that quickly and unfortunately they have sometimes got them from a rescue. If only people would have some patience  >:(

Offline madkittyrescue

• Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Bit concerning phone call......
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 14:08:28 PM »
mmmm... here's a good one for you all!

I got home late last night to a phone call message on my answering machine at 1630hrs.... from a lady saying they were looking for a kitten and phoning round the rescue's in the area.  Fair do's.

I called her back at 9pm..... only to be told.... she'd already got a kitten that afternoon.....  :shocked:  mind boggles at how quickly she got the kitten... that's less than 5 hrs!!!

I only hope that it wasn't a rescue that gave the cat out that quickly.... although on the other hand its no consolation to think she 'bought' the baby either!  <sigh>
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Link to CatChat