Author Topic: bunglycats new baby  (Read 33315 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Re: Persian that is called Phoebe is really called Baby.
« Reply #88 on: April 03, 2008, 23:40:04 PM »
Have spoke to Roz today about the fencing -am just in the process of emailing her some pics of the garden i took today - not resixed i am afraid -so will take a bit getting there !
Also got pic to email to you (too big to put on here and can''t resize it !( will have to find time to learn to do this )the pic is of Winston in his wooden house wioth patio !
How is she today ? Bet she is feeling better by the day now ! :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #87 on: April 03, 2008, 03:42:52 AM »
someone insulted him and ask if it was a poodle in the basket -poor boy !

When I had Shah in the vets, a lady said "oh, look at that little scottie dog", I then informed her he was a cat  :rofl:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2008, 01:10:33 AM »
Oh my, - what a pair  :rofl: :rofl:
Smartie won''t compare -he only has a bald bum ! and thats starting to grow back now - Winston looked like her when i first got him and had him  shaved -only had little boots , bottom half of his tail and his head -looked really cute .
When i took him back for his second injection ( never had any since he was a kitten and he was 4 then !!) someone insulted him and ask if it was a poodle in the basket -poor boy !

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »
Roz - i have to go out in the morning !
Will be back for 3.30 and in all the rest of the day !
I don''t know Lucy ? all i know is Jenny from Carlton Cattery as i met her when she Lincoln Cat Protection when i first moved up here - thats where Smartie came from.

Offline Roz

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #84 on: April 03, 2008, 00:25:32 AM »
Hi Gill,

Just caught up with this thread and am feeling really guilty now....like I've been skiving off school..... :naughty:  I think I was doing my post when you rang yesterday and today I was visiting my dad in hospital.  I have tried returning your calls (honest...) but it would seem that we are doomed to keep missing each other.   :doh:

I promise I will telephone you tomorrow morning and discuss the cat-proofing system with you.  I am now up-to-date with the lovely Phoebe or Baby and have to agree with everyone else that she is beautiful.....if a little lacking in the hair department. :evillaugh:

I'm sure she won't mind swapping the delights of the local Rugby Club for a plateful of fresh prawns.  It sounds like she's been quite a resourceful little 'babe' during her free living period.  Let's hope she hasn't picked up any bad habits while she's been running about town....not if she's to go to a decent, respectable household where the boys have been reared in the gentle arts.  I blush to think what might happen. ;)

Did you mean Lucy at Lincoln Cat Care?  I know Lucy quite well and she has her garden cat-proofed with our system.  In fact, she was one of our first customers. She's a lovely young woman and works tirelessly for the cats.

I've noted how large your garden is....and will go through it in more detail tomorrow.

Best wishes,

Roz

« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 00:36:51 AM by Roz »
You may think that what you do is insignificant, but it's important that you do it.  (Gandhi)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #83 on: April 03, 2008, 00:09:23 AM »
I love all CS's persians, they are all absolutely scrummy but I have a real soft spot for the gorgeous Fabes  :Luv2:  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #82 on: April 03, 2008, 00:05:33 AM »
at least Fabes has his VERY stylish fur boots for the cold!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2008, 00:04:00 AM »
Beautiful baldy girl - she would make a fab girlfriend for Fabes don't you think :rofl:

She certainly would, they would look gorgeous together and Fabes meets with my approval  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #80 on: April 02, 2008, 23:57:52 PM »
Oh my goodness - she's nakeeeed! LOL!  :evillaugh:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2008, 23:57:15 PM »
Beautiful baldy girl - she would make a fab girlfriend for Fabes don't you think :rofl:

Offline Kelly

• Distinguished Cat
  • My first rescues Chas and Dave!!!
« Reply #78 on: April 02, 2008, 23:54:42 PM »
Awwww BLESS her!!!
Only The Educated Are Free

www.catactiontrust1977.co.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #77 on: April 02, 2008, 23:52:18 PM »
Here she is  :Luv:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #76 on: April 02, 2008, 23:01:32 PM »
Any pics yet of little Bald Phoebe ? :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #75 on: April 02, 2008, 15:50:45 PM »
Thanks Dawn- just rang Roz again -but no answer -left a message and also emailed her just now .

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #74 on: April 02, 2008, 15:47:49 PM »
Sorry, had a lot on my mind today  :tired:  Phoebe is adoreable and is so much happier since she's been shaved bless her  :Luv:  :Luv:  I had to resort to buying her some Go Cat this morning as she's not really been eating the RC food that I've put in with her, but she demolished that as soon as she saw it  :-:  Hopefully by the time she leaves here, she will have decided RC is a much better alternative  ;)  I'll take some piccies later and post them on here  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #73 on: April 02, 2008, 14:43:31 PM »
How is Phoebe today ?
Any new pics yet -when you have time !

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2008, 23:09:04 PM »
Ahh, bless her - glad they found the scar -would have been awful for her otherwise !
Please she came round from anasethtic too -sending her big  :hug: :hug: :Luv: :Luv2:
Rang Roz -but no-one there this afternoon.
Measured the garden !- 75 feet down the side and 33 feet wide -the bottom bit at 33 feet wide also has a very big elderberry tree taking up a fair bit of space ( forgot about that tree !!) Not suitable for cat climbing either -too thin and bendy branches !

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2008, 19:17:20 PM »
Phoebe has come back bald bless her  :evillaugh:   She has a scar from being spayed so that's a relief, all teeth are fine, her anal glands were heaving  :sick:  :sick: so they've now been emptied, she weighs in at 4 kgs, she's also been microchipped today and she looks adoreable  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #70 on: April 01, 2008, 18:19:57 PM »
or she craved the company with her owner not being there, it's hard to say

I mentioned that before! - as I said, it highly likely that once in a stable home she won't want to wander, and with all the space Bunglycat's got available - I doubt she'd ever want to leave the boundaries of the garden!  ;D Persians arent known for wandering - if they do its for a reason, like lack of attention in their own home etc.

Cats are lazy creatures, they only wander when they want something, at her age she isnt likely to go far at all. Hopefully bungly will get to know soon whether to carry on their search elsewhere

Lesley, your Olivia sounds adorable   :Luv:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #69 on: April 01, 2008, 15:35:04 PM »
Hope Phoebe is okay tonight after having all that done at the vets .
Poor little girl - hope she had a visible scar from spaying -awful to have to be opened up and then found it had already been done before ! :(

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2008, 14:53:11 PM »
Yes, i am also known as the mad cat woman round here too -although there are people on here with more cats than me .
In fact the couple that live at the bottom of the street have taken in 6 i think now that people have left behind when they moved and the street opposite -they have 10 - 2-3 with 3 legs and one with one eye - also all strays !
I have also "rehomed"! a few that have been neglected  or left behind .
I know a really nice lady about 8 miles away who has a lovely cattery and also does Lincoln cat care and i have turned up on several occasions with cats and she has re-homed them for me .
One was a very neglected , matted and starved tortie persian - would have kept her -but the owners lived just round the corner  :sneaky:

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2008, 12:56:58 PM »
I have heard instances where they have tried to get out, Fabes decided to make the great escape once and Candice had a right job getting him back   :shy:

I don't know how he managed it but he got on top of the garage, by the time I scrambled on top of the wheelie bin and onto the roof he jumped down  :tired:

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2008, 12:51:09 PM »
If I tried to keep Olivia in I think she would ge berserk.  I am very fortunate in that everyone knows of the mad cat woman in their street so all my cats are very safe including Olivia.  She does have the typical persian dippiness though.  She goes out the front catflap, over the side gate, round to the back and then sits for hours waiting to be let in through the dog gate.  When you finally let her in she goes out the front catflap, over the side gate, rount to the back and sits at the dog gate again.  :doh:
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2008, 12:34:47 PM »
I have heard instances where they have tried to get out, Fabes decided to make the great escape once and Candice had a right job getting him back   :shy:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2008, 12:17:45 PM »
or she craved the company with her owner not being there, it's hard to say

I mentioned that before! - as I said, it highly likely that once in a stable home she won't want to wander, and with all the space Bunglycat's got available - I doubt she'd ever want to leave the boundaries of the garden!  ;D Persians arent known for wandering - if they do its for a reason, like lack of attention in their own home etc.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #63 on: April 01, 2008, 02:57:57 AM »
Other thing I meant to mention, I checked with the vets today and there is no records of her so I will be getting her vaccinated as well.  I was really surprised at this as Mike was sure she would have been up to date but this was his wifes domain, but being a breeder it's a little naughty and I'm now wondering if she's actually been spayed  :tired:  This is another thing the vets will have to check tomorrow, I'm hoping she will have a visible scar but depending on how long ago she was done if she was, this might not be obvious   :sigh:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #62 on: April 01, 2008, 02:54:59 AM »
Winston has Felix pouches , but never eats a whole one at a time and then totally will not eat the rest of it later ! so, it goes to waste (enough waste to feed 3 more cats at the end of the day -goes outside for other cats and hedgehogs as i feel bad throwing so much good food away every day -there a real big bowlful every night !

Soph and Bungly will eat a bit of felix , but mainly whiskers supermeat and thats all Smartie will eat -supermeat chicken.
They all have biscuits - Royal canine persian , James Wellbeloved and Smartie is mainly on Hills c/d , but i mix a small handful of the others in as he isn''t that keen on it. 
They get ham for a treat and Winston fish/prawns ( the other 3 don''t like either fish or prawns) .
Mine get plenty of my company as i only go out about twice a week in the day and never at night !

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2008, 02:48:05 AM »
I can feel her backbone easily but it's hard to tell under all her fur.  She was fed by a few of the locals as well but I think alot of it being outside was her choice by the sounds of it.  The other thing Candice and I were thinking, if she's matted, maybe being indoors was a little too warm for her or she craved the company with her owner not being there, it's hard to say but at least Mike's done the right thing for her and she'll have a fab future to look forward to  :Luv:

Most of mine love prawns especially Tiger who is one of my ferals, I actually tamed him down using prawns, he just couldn't resist  :evillaugh:  Food wise I'm not sure what exactly she was on, he said she had cat biscuits and loved pouches but I'm not sure what brand, I didn't ask as mine are all on the Royal Canin anyway so any that come here, that's what they get. 

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2008, 02:39:09 AM »
She is so beautiful - i can''t believe she has had to live outside - is she thin too ?
Wonder what she has been fed on /eaten ?
Winston turned his nose up at M+ S prawns last night - BECAUSE they were the large ones (even though i broke them up for him) - he prefers the smaller ones and i couldn''t get them last time !
I took them upstairs last night /this morning with biscuits and water ( as i do every night in case they get hungry ) and the minute i put the light out and couldn't' see him - he ate them all ! - i switched the light on when i heard someone eating them  :sneaky: - i knew it was him as the others don''t like them at all !!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2008, 02:29:31 AM »
Here's another pic of the gorgeous Phoebe  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2008, 02:05:28 AM »
Hi, Yes, i have Dawn -but there wasn''t any .
I really want to give a home to one thats had a rough life and been neglected - so the cat can have a forever loving and spoilt home and no-one will ever let him/her down again.
I don' t mind if they have one eye or 3 legs - just another  persian i can spoil. :Luv:
I have just recieved a message from Roz and will give her a ring tomorrow as i am home all day tomorrow and wednesday.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2008, 00:31:57 AM »
Just a thought, have you tried the rescues in your area for a Persian?  I'm not trying to put you off but I'm just thinking with the distance involved, if things didn't work out it's a long way for her to come back  :shy:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2008, 00:25:45 AM »
You can always send her a pm  ;D

There was one in the auction last Christmas and cant remember how much it was worth now , about £350 plus P&P I think and it would do a a small garden and think you would need two plus.

If you look in the auction and search down the threads  Roz explains it all there and think it was Helen Tiggys Mum that won it.

I know they are very good but above my pocket too and my garden about 100' x 24'

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2008, 23:55:35 PM »
Thanks Gill - just wanted to ask about the cat -proof fencing-but think i would have to win some money to pay for it !!!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2008, 23:21:11 PM »
And you can check by going to the bottom of this page

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2008, 23:19:57 PM »
If Roz comes on its usually very late  ;D

Her Purrs name is Roz

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2008, 23:18:28 PM »
anyone on here called Roz tonight ?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2008, 18:20:53 PM »
Well, at least i didn''t have that problem with Smartie -nice healthy weight around 13lb and Winston -well around 16 lb !!! He actually looked really cute when he was shaved all over -his matts were as bad as Phoebes ! Owner hadn''t combed/brushed him for about 2 years !!!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2008, 18:16:57 PM »
My other vets say 6pm but this one state 7pm.  I'm not sure what she'll need doing tbh  :shy:  Shah took an hour and half to do when he was in, and I have a horrible feeling Phoebe won't be far behind, she will also need teeth checking and if any work needs doing on them, it will be done at the same time.  I'm sure she'll be fine, she seems healthy but underneath the fur, you don't really know what's lurking and until it's all come off, I won't know how skinny or fat she is  :tired:  I was having a feel last night but with her matts, it hard to tell just how much weight she has on her.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2008, 18:09:11 PM »
Yes, my vet tells me not to feed after 6pm - But last time Smartie pinched some biscuits from upstairs i forgot to move  :sneaky: and it was about 6.50pm ,so had to ring the vet straight away to check it was still ok for the morning andf she said yes -so i think saying 6pm was a little cautious?!
Gladshe is ok -hope all goes well with anasethtic .
Think Smartie was under a bit as he had teeth cleaned and the op !.

Link to CatChat