Author Topic: OUCH!!!!!  (Read 2370 times)

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
Re: OUCH!!!!!
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2010, 20:47:12 PM »
Teeko caught me accross the nose last Friday morning and it bled and bled - I looked a right mess when I got to work and when anyone asked I just said "Oh yes darling, Ive just had a nose job"  :rofl:

Raffiki has a habit of jumping on me from great heights and if his claws havnt been clipped I look like Ive been dragged through a thorny bush backwards.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
  • Slave to: Tia (Tee'bo) & Oscar (Oscardoodles)
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2010, 17:37:42 PM »
ewwww, Susanne your eye looked sore!!!

my ear is still throbbing, my pillow was a mess this morning!!!

My 1st thought was OMG im going to get an infected ear and it'll drop off!!!

Think i'll have to get them some booties!!!  :rofl:

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2010, 17:18:58 PM »
Ah, I'm getting two different stories confused from two different places  :-[ This is the other one I'm thinking of : http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=2313935&highlight=cat+scratch

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 17:15:54 PM »
It may have been here that I read it then and I'm just getting confused  :Crazy:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 16:37:44 PM »
didn't even occur to me it was Debs - other forums, I'm hurt  :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 16:06:39 PM »

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 16:05:17 PM »
I was reading the wedding section on Money Saving Expert forums a few weeks ago and a woman wrote that she was sat on the sofa and her two cats were sat next to her looking out of the window when they saw another cat outside. They both freaked out and jumped away over the woman's face, claws out. She said she screamed and her husband ran into the room to find her looking like a victim from a slasher movie with blood all over her face :hairrasin:

You know that story is so familiar that either Im having a touch of deja vu or I read it too but I dont go on moneysaving expert forums very often  :Crazy:
love
Tab

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 15:42:24 PM »
This was my eye after Jaffa caught me with his claw

It bled so much to begin with I really thought he'd damaged my actual eye and was scared to open it for ages.

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 15:33:47 PM »
I was reading the wedding section on Money Saving Expert forums a few weeks ago and a woman wrote that she was sat on the sofa and her two cats were sat next to her looking out of the window when they saw another cat outside. They both freaked out and jumped away over the woman's face, claws out. She said she screamed and her husband ran into the room to find her looking like a victim from a slasher movie with blood all over her face :hairrasin:

Blimey!!! 

Freddie Kruger returns!!!

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 15:20:34 PM »

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 10:27:58 AM »
Ouch indeed I hope it heals soon.

Amber is a nightmare for shrpening her claws and then sticking them in me. The other day she slid gently down my legs with her claws out so last night we had a clipping session on all 4 feet. I was amazed she didnt even struggle when I put her on her back and did her back feet which is unusual but shes great about the front ones. Definately easier to do myself than a vet visit
love
Tab

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 09:02:28 AM »
Big ouch  :hug:

I remember your pics Susanne, you were very lucky you had your eye shut!!!  Poot has got me on the eyelid before as well, just after we got him, luckily it was only a little nick but it was sooo sore  :doh:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2010, 08:12:50 AM »
We had just settled down in bed last night and they started...

Tia chased Oscar into the table next to our bed, then she landed on my head, I yelled and she bolted claws out ripping my earlobe as she went!!!   

I have never knew so much blood could come out of one ear!!!

Going to sleep under the covers from now on, and she is off to the vets for a claw clipping!!!

Have any of your cats caused you injury?

Oh yes.  I've had a couple of eye injuries.  When Mosi was a kitten he was playing under the duvet so I put my head under and said "where's Mosi..." in a playful voice only to get a very accurate right hook in my eye.  It bled profusely and I went to A&E after ringing NHS direct.  They said they couldn't put anythign on it because it was too close to the eyeball but I looked a right sight for a while.  Jaffa also caught me one evening when he was jumping up on the sofa and I was sprawled out on it.  Eye again.  fortunately I closed my eye instincitvely so he got my eye lid and not my actual eye.  I posted pictures on here at the time.  I looked like I'd gone a few rounds with Mike Tyson.

I hope your ear heals quickly.

Offline angel-77

• Senior Cat
  • Tia & Oscar
OUCH!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 07:44:27 AM »
We had just settled down in bed last night and they started...

Tia chased Oscar into the table next to our bed, then she landed on my head, I yelled and she bolted claws out ripping my earlobe as she went!!!   

I have never knew so much blood could come out of one ear!!!

Going to sleep under the covers from now on, and she is off to the vets for a claw clipping!!!

Have any of your cats caused you injury?

Link to CatChat