Cat Health & Behaviour > Health & Behaviour General

hyperesthesia

(1/1)

dawnf:
I took one of mine to the vet years ago to discuss this, he said most cases of the rippling back were just fleas

Sam (Fussy_Furball):
Hi,   So sorry I had never heard of the condition until today so am unable to offer any advice.  I would be interested to hear how you got on at the vet though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feline_hyperesthesia_syndrome

cathycat:
I've just spotted a post entitled "location based affection" so he isn't the only one with that but with Albie there is also the "rippling back" thing!

cathycat:
Hi everyone. I have a question concerning possible hyperesthesia in my cat.
Iadopted him from a small charity last August. He had had a non specific uri before I adopted him which he had antibiotics for to prevent any secondary infection. He's vaccinated and has been castrated. He's very playful,eats toilets normally and is generally a happy boy.
I have noticed he has the classic "rippling back"if touched or he hears a loud noise. He is also quite "light sensitive"and squints when I turn a light on. The only time he will let me touch him is if I am wearing certain clothes and in my bedroom lying flat on my back on my bed :shocked:. He will then jump on my chest and enjoy a good head scratch as long as I don't touch his back. He will frequently approach me wanting attention but I can only talk to him-not touch him.
Has anyone had a similar situation? I'm puzzled especially as there are specific conditions where I may touch him!!
Vet on Monday but I wanted to see if anyone could shed any light from personal experience? THANK YOU!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version