Author Topic: FOUND: Small Black Female Cat - Strood Kent  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: FOUND: Small Black Female Cat - Strood Kent
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2007, 19:19:55 PM »
So pleased Spookie is settling in and has a forever home.

Fingers crossed Phoebe will be back for Xmas  :Luv2: :Luv2:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2007, 18:07:36 PM »
So pleased Spookie is settling in well, still got everything crossed that Phoebe comes home and soon  :hug:

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2007, 16:23:59 PM »
And if Des comes a'calling, tell him to get himself home - he stayed out all one night and most of the next day last week - my daughter was getting really worried when he strolled in as if he'd only been out a few minutes. 

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2007, 16:18:11 PM »
Lovely news - have a very   :xmas:     Spookie
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
  • Whiskers now at the bridge & Phoebe currently AWOL
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2007, 16:10:05 PM »
Thank you Puddy and Dawn.

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2007, 15:48:04 PM »
So pleased to hear about Spookie Cheryl.  I know how hard you have both tried to find Phoebe and perhaps one day she will be back with you and letting Spookie know who is boss.  :hug: :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2007, 14:34:19 PM »
so glad she is settling in, sorry Phoebe hasn't turned up yet

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 14:20:43 PM »
I thought that I would let you know how Phoebe's twin Spookie is getting on. She is still very nervous, but is gradually learning to trust us more each day and her character is beginning to surface. She is investigating the house a bit more, however she likes to stay on her cushion in front of the fire, where she is sleeping more soundly (at first she never seemed to nod right off - always still on alert for the slightest noise/movement ), but now she does and boy does she like to snore.

On the health side, she is putting on weight and she has calmed down on the feeding front - as she was eating us out of house and home - probably thought this maybe my meal and her fur is growing back nicely and her scabs have nearly all gone. We're back to the vets this week for booster jabs and to be chipped - no one has come forward for her - so we are adopting her - don't think I could part with her now.

We have been so pleased to hear her meow - she just did not make any noise and now if we leave the room she calls for us - ahhhhh. We are still working on the purring, however she does now know how to play and loves her catnip which she firmly keeps under a paw or her head when snoozing.

We are absolutely delighted with her and of course turning into her slaves very quickly. Spookie has found her forever home - she is safe with us now. When I can manage to photograph her, I'll put them on. We are both just waiting for Phoebe to come and join us on the cat cushion in front of the fire. :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2007, 16:23:01 PM »
I wqould say its very unlikely that an owner will come forward now, so I would think Spookie is just waiting for Phoebe to arrive to make friends  ;D

To be honest I would get her chipped and then if an owner does turn up, they can get the details changed.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2007, 15:55:50 PM »
I'm glad she found you - I hope your next problem is introducing her to Phoebe

Offline le chat noir

• Senior Cat
FOUND: Small Black Female Cat - Strood Kent
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 15:34:58 PM »
I believe I am getting to be a bit of a regular reporter on black stray cats  :) I'm hoping that the third one I see and help will be my Phoebe.

I have posted most of the story about this young female kitty that I have given a home to, on Phoebe's thread - but thought she deserved her own slot. To date no owner has come forward, she had been out on the tiles since September (maybe longer), she only came to the rescue family's attention late in October, but people had said that they had seen her way before then (why no one helped her is beyond me). I'm not really sure how long to keep advertising for her owner - they could be like me and continually searching or not bothering at all. There is a vet surgery on the estate where she was found, but no one had been there to report their cat missing - now if that was me I would be in there like a shot and be pestering them each week.

We have had her for a week tomorrow and each day she is improving - she has been so nervous, but is trusting us more each day. I have been very surprised by the way she has settled in. She is learning to purr and loves to sit on an empty lap and head butt for attention.We are also trying to get her to play as she does not seem to know what this is all about

We took her to the vets for an MOT and she is a young cat in good health - just needed some meds for her scabby skin. She also received her first set of vaccinations. Obviously, we do not know if she has been spayed and she will remain an indoor cat for the foreseeable future.

We are looking after her as we would one of our own. To be honest I do not want to part with her. If no owner comes forward we will also be having her chipped.

Forgot the most import part - She is called Spookie - this was the name given to her by the rescue family - as they took her in just before firework night.

It is so lovely to have a cat in the house again. I will post some pictures shortly.

Link to CatChat