Author Topic: I will never understand these cats!  (Read 1434 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: I will never understand these cats!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 13:50:28 PM »
It's all sweetness and light at the moment.  Mosi's given up for the time being.  Moved onto grooming dominance a bit more now - we have very long grooming sessions which usually end up with one or the other getting a bit p'd off (and often start in the middle of the night about 2 inches from my ear  >:().  Mosi has also taken to sleeping on top of a box on top of the bookcase which is usually one of Jaffa's places.  I think that's why Mosi wants it but Jaffa just gives him his "I didn't want to be up there anyway" looks.

Cats eh!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2007, 10:45:50 AM »
No pics I'm afraid.  It was 6.30am in the morning and I was in bed - you don't think I was going to jump up and look for the camera, do you?!  ;D

I woke up and could see a shape to my right so reached a hand out and encountered Mosi fur.  On moving my hand down a bit I encountered Jaffa fur and could then make out 2 shapes cuddled up together.

I think you're right Lynn - he has only sprayed when in the heat of battle, so to speak.  He will hiss first but if Mosi continues to be a pain that's when he decides he needs another way to communicate with him!  Can't say I find the fresh aroma of Jaffa pee very welcome  :sick:

We're still having fisty cuffs.  I had to do time out with Mosi again last night.  Whatever time I go to bed, whether it be 10pm or 1am, Mosi will start on Jaffa after they've had their bedtime treats and me and Jaffa head off to bed.  10 minutes on his own in the lounge calms him down.  They're at it now but it seems a bit playful apart from the odd hiss from Jaffa.   5 mins ago they were nosing around somewhere together - Mosi had found something so Jaffa had to go and investigate too.

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2007, 19:14:01 PM »
I know what you mean Susanne  ;)

One minute Rascal will quite happily play with the boys, five minutes later she bats them and hisses  :tired:

Would love to see a pic of them  :innocent: well if you don't ask ........ :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2007, 14:17:43 PM »
I understand so well and like you I get confused if mine love or hate each other.

One minute they seem to be fine and then suddenly its all hiss and run.

Why cant cats talk, I would love to help if I knew how.

I know that currently Misa is fighting to stay top cat and Franta has been moving in on this position for the last two weeks and if Misa would just stand, sit his ground Franta would back off.

I thought Misa didnt know how to spray cos have seen the quivering tail a lot but last week in the garden I saw him spraying..............sigh. I Know Franta knows how cos say him spray in the house ages ago. I am positive that Ducha will know how cos he is the butch pushy one who looks after big soft Franta.

At least yours cuddly together sometimes, only the birmans do here.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 10:07:26 AM »
 :evillaugh:

I'm not going to utter a single word on the peegate incidents incase i jinx myself  :shify:  But with you it must be jaffa's way of "releasing steam"  :evillaugh:  and asserting his authority.  Its like Mosi is crossing the line every so often so a nice fresh aroma of jaffa pee puts him in his place  :doh:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 09:44:22 AM »
Aww bless them :Luv:

Maybe they are sensing that you have been ill Susanne and have decided to get on "for the time being" :evillaugh:

btw hope you took a pic of them cuddling together :Luv:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2007, 09:39:57 AM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: never a dull moment eh, cant live with them, cant live without them  :evillaugh:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
I will never understand these cats!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2007, 08:46:47 AM »
Jaffa and Mosi are determined to keep me on my toes with their 'on, off' relationship  :innocent:

As I've mentioned before, they basically get on in that Jaffa is ok with Mosi being around the place but gets fed up with Mosi when the little monkey keeps jumping on top of him.  If Jaffa's having a cuddle on the bed and is lying on his back purring then Mosi walks past, he won't stop purring or roll over onto his tummy.  So he's not, in general, stressed out by Mosi.  But Mosi will aggravate him.  It still has a play element, but is also about dominance.  They seem to rub along just fine for a while and then we have a few days or weeks when Mosi is a pain in the derriere.  We are going through such a phase at the moment, particularly at bedtime when Mosi starts on Jaffa just after they've had their bedtime treats and we are (supposedly) settling down and going to bed.  Jaffa is strong enough to pin Mosi to the floor but Mosi is wise to this and always seeks the height advantage so that Jaffa can't do this.  Yesterday Jaffa sprayed some boxes in the hallway (you may remember that Jaffa sprayed the wardrobe several months ago - he's not done it since)  >:(  Last night Mosi was being a nuisance again so I shut him out the back for 10 minutes while Jaffa had cuddles on the bed with meowmy.  When Mosi was let through again he was all meek and mild and settled down. 

The point of all this is that I woke up this morning to find the pair of them cuddled up together on the bed like best buddies!  They're being all cute and sweet this morning - been doing a bit of mutual sniffing and licking.

I think they're doing it all on purpose to confuse me.

Link to CatChat