Author Topic: Poor injured kitten - now safe  (Read 7382 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Poor injured kitten - now safe
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2007, 21:15:01 PM »
I haven't heard anything but she is a Caroline's and I can't think of a better place she could be. She s now on Catchat ready for rehoming  ;D (unfortunately not to me  :( )
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2007, 15:41:06 PM »
Hi Mark just wondered how the gorgeous Sunshine is getting on  :Luv:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2007, 21:58:33 PM »
Aww, bless her.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2007, 21:52:26 PM »
Just got an email to say Sunshine was released from the vets tonight and is home with her bandaged tail with Caroline  :Luv:
I will try my hardest to get over to Caroline's to get some photos tomorrow but behind with getting B&B ready for the weekend so have to juggle my time.

The vet Sharon has started using is excellent. They are open 24 hours they charge extra at night but not as much as vets now. They don't charge a boarding fee for CP cats. They kept Sunshine in for 3 days for observation  ;D
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 21:54:11 PM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2007, 08:39:45 AM »
The kind where you see boarded up windows

Oh! Mark although North of Watford our town does not have an estate like that, although admittedly we do have a couple of housing estates with what I call low life.

I remember many years ago when my daughter used to run for the County we were trying to find a very popular athletics track (I am not saying where as it may not be fair to anyone who lives near). We took a wrong turning and landed on an estate where some of the houses were boarded up but people were still standing at the gates of the houses and sitting on the steps, bricks were in the road. I prayed that the car did not stop as I am sure within a few mins we would have had no wheels.

Poor kitten and possibly the result of someone’s so called good home. Sat least it will now have the chance of a quality life.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2007, 21:53:57 PM »
Oh how completely heartbreaking. I am with Carl on this one, it makes it even more saddening to know that the poor baby still enjoys human company and still has purrs left in her after all of that.

How embarrassed am I to be a human reading stories like this. I cannot believe that there are complete and utter  :censored: heartless "beings" on this planet - how on earth can people do this to poor innocent creatures and not care one iota for their feelings or what happens to them??

Like Gail, I would love to live on an island with all the worlds cats and cat lovers so they would be safe and we would only have each other and would not have to deal with  :censored: like this. Or better - we could have the whole planet bar one island that all the scum get shipped off to to starve and fight between themselves.

I have been lucky enough to meet Anastacia and she is one of the most beautiful cats I have ever had the pleasure of meeting (and ended up wearing a layer of her fur  :shy: ) I would love to be in a position to be lucky enough to adopt her :hug: well done to Teresa for looking after her so well, and well done to you too Mark for helping get that poor baby out of there - the world needs more people like you!  :hug:`
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2007, 19:50:35 PM »
Now you're talking! ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2007, 19:50:01 PM »
Your wish sir! All moved

And well done!  Can't wait to see the pics!  Get a few, don't be stingy k? We need a drool fest over a baby.  :Luv:

OK - I guess after Helen's comment, I had better put spare batteries in the case  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2007, 19:48:37 PM »
  As for the lack of pics can I suggest you get a camera phone and wear it on a lanyard round your neck, that way we will never miss out when you forget to take the memory card/batteries/camera itself or take your camera but forget to take a pic :evillaugh:  ;)

Fair point  :-[

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2007, 19:45:53 PM »
Your wish sir! All moved

And well done!  Can't wait to see the pics!  Get a few, don't be stingy k? We need a drool fest over a baby.  :Luv:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2007, 19:32:29 PM »
Sunshine had the end of her tail amputated today as it's dead  :(  and all being well will be going into the care of the wonderful Caroline tomorrow to meet her new friend Gremlin  ;D

If that happens, I will get pics  ;D

I guess this should have gone in the rescue section  :-:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 19:47:10 PM by Mark »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2007, 07:56:40 AM »
Aww, I am so glad you were available to help this little one, and fingers crossed she recovers soon and can be found a fab home.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Update: Poor injured kitten - now safe
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2007, 23:23:14 PM »
 :rofl: Helen  :evillaugh:

Update

Caroline is going to put Sunshine in with Gremlin so they both have some company  :Luv: and has invited me over on Wednesday so I will take the camera and get pics of both the brave soldiers  :Luv:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 23:23:39 PM by Mark »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2007, 22:29:46 PM »
I really can't understand why anyone would knowingly hurt an animal, just can't get my head around it but unfortunately there are some really sick people around, makes me so angry and sad at the same time  :(

Well done Mark for saving her, keep us updated on her progress.  As for the lack of pics can I suggest you get a camera phone and wear it on a lanyard round your neck, that way we will never miss out when you forget to take the memory card/batteries/camera itself or take your camera but forget to take a pic :evillaugh:  ;)

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2007, 21:23:34 PM »
I see where your coming from Mark, well at least shes safe now.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2007, 21:15:38 PM »
OMG what an awful story is there nothing can be done about the family, cant they be reported to the police for cruelty or am I being naive.

The problem is CP doesn't have any powers. All we could do is report to the RSPCA. This kitten came from a rough housing estate. The kind where you see boarded up windows (we even have them in Canterbury  :evillaugh: ) people are too scared to get involved for fear of retribution. The woman who was holding the cat was only about 20 and had a young baby - you can't really blame them for wanting to keep themselves to themselves. Sad but true.  :(
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 21:24:36 PM by Mark »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2007, 21:07:21 PM »
Gail you would have been spared. Teresa didn't say much about it there were other factors, but we've (Carl and I) both met Anastasia and can first hand say what a gorgeous girl she is. So full of love. Its an amazing capacity for tolerance these creatures have with us.

(You can see her on T's website under Before and After (see link in my profile). )

(sorry Mark, slight hijack)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 21:32:24 PM by Kittybabe (Ruth) »

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2007, 21:05:03 PM »

Carl, strange you mention Anastasia. Was thinking the same thing about how she was so badly treated. The human race has a lot to answer for.

Pleased I didn't see this thread.  Dont think my heart could take the pain.

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline ginge66

• Distinguished Cat
  • Nigel R.I.P, 1989-2007
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2007, 21:03:45 PM »
OMG what an awful story is there nothing can be done about the family, cant they be reported to the police for cruelty or am I being naive.

Just so glad there are people like youself who care enough to do something.

Looking forward to seeing picture of her :)

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2007, 21:03:26 PM »
I was just the one that was available to pick her up.

Thats my point - fact is you WERE available to go get her. Without folk like you she'd have had to endure more of the life she's had, whether for a day or a week.
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2007, 21:01:42 PM »
Aw Mark.. Another baby  :Luv: 

Carl, strange you mention Anastasia. Was thinking the same thing about how she was so badly treated. The human race has a lot to answer for.

Gail.. nice to know we'd be welcome  :rofl:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2007, 21:00:09 PM »
OHhhhhhhhhh Sunshine & Mark  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

I hope you can keep her, how great would that be.

The poor little might must have been so scared and sad. and now she is so happy. Lots of fast healing vibes going her way.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 21:01:16 PM by Gail Bengal Slave »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 20:51:39 PM »
I was just the one that was available to pick her up. The real work is getting her better and finding her somewhere to live where she will be loved and appreciated.

I hope I go back to the vets and will definitely get a photo this time - I would love to keep her  :Luv:

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2007, 20:39:29 PM »
I have to say I am starting to dislike humans more and more, give me an island full of cats.

Of course you guys would be welcome.

Offline carl (billy and baggys dad)

• Distinguished Cat
  • King Bilbo & Mr Baggins' dad and loyal servant
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2007, 20:29:09 PM »
You're a star, Mark.

The heartbreaking thing for me is that despite the ill treatment, harm and cruelty these poor little ones endure at the hands of folk, alot of em are STILL grateful for human attention. Like Anastasia at Paws Inn - kicked, broken jaw, but hankers after a knee to curl up on even so.
:'(

That family deserve knocking on the back of their heads with a 2x4.
 >:(
From out of nowhere you came strong as stone
And now I'll never have to be alone
What it is I know
You have always been my safe home

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2007, 20:09:26 PM »
The poor little darling.

Those imberseals  :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: how dare they treat a precious little creature like her in that way. THANK GOD you saved her. Thank heaven she safe. She dererves the best home ever with as much love she wants.

People just make me so  :censored: :sick:
How many babies don't get saved  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2007, 19:52:36 PM »
They say if chidren are cruel to animals they are likely to be the same with humans when they grow up  >:(

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 19:43:41 PM »
I like Sunshine  :)

I hope her tail is ok  :(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 19:34:35 PM »
She sounds as if she is life-enhancing

She is - I was feeling a bit grumpy and sorry for myself this morning,  but if she can be that happy and contented after the things she has been through, I have nothing to complain about

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2007, 19:32:17 PM »
I rather like Sunshine.  She sounds as if she is life-enhancing, like sunshine...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 19:28:37 PM »
Sally has called her Sunshine "for want of a better name" - she is a happy little girl but I think she should have a nicer name than that - the vets have her down as Sunshine now  :-:

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2007, 19:19:03 PM »
Poor wee sweetheart  :( Thank goodness you rescued her  :hug:

She sounds lovely  :Luv:

Does she have a name yet?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2007, 19:12:52 PM »
I only cabbed her. The problem now is finding her somewhere to stay as the foster pens are all full. Luckily the vets are very flexible. If it comes to it, I will find her a room - just worried about turning business down. In a couple of weeks it wouldn't have been a problem.

I think she will make a great pet  :Luv:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2007, 19:06:48 PM »
Good work, Mark.  Keep us posted on her progress.

I had better keep my thoughts on her previous "owner" to myself.  But you do wonder what hope there is for that womans children...
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline puddypaws

• Hero Cat
  • Mum to Sophie and Oscar
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2007, 18:50:19 PM »
Thank goodness she's safe with you Mark.  I cannot believe the way some people treat animals.  >:(

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 18:37:40 PM »
I would line the family up and put a bullet through their heads  >:(

No Mark that would be too easy for them, I will tie the string around their neck and drag them around, and then shut them in a walk-in freezer. :sneaky:

Great that she is now in good hands, and all thanks to you.  Let's hope now she will get all she deserves and then some!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2007, 18:30:34 PM »
She did some really smelly farts in the car  :sick: :evillaugh:

Offline The Duchess

• Distinguished Cat
  • Cosmo & Jessie
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2007, 18:15:50 PM »
 :omg: ...in the freezer  :Crazy:

thank goodness she was found and rescued - really can't believe some people - don't deserve pets or children  >:(

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 18:04:04 PM »
Thank goodness for the neighbour. It makes you wonder how the children are treated if that is how the adults let an animal be treated too.  >:(

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 17:59:38 PM »
Poor baby  - lucky she had you to come to the rescue! Hope she is feeling better very quickly!  :Luv:

Some people have no compassion or humanity  >:( >:( >:(

The vet nurse said there is no hope for the children if thats how they have been brought up - she said children learn compassion by being shown how to care about animals.

Luckily the neighbour saved her  :Luv:
« Last Edit: October 15, 2007, 18:01:05 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat