Author Topic: Another Furbabe finally back home - missing for over 8 weeks!  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Another Furbabe finally back home - missing for over 8 weeks!
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 22:54:12 PM »
Thats great Sam  ;D

Offline claire30

• Adult Cat
  • sweetness itself... sally!
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 22:49:34 PM »
Really hope my cat returns, it made me cry when i read this post but in a good way! thanks! ++

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 17:29:50 PM »
Thanks for the post Sam, it is much appreciated from people like myself with a cat that is still missing.  It gives me renewed hope that my Sam is going to return home. :(

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 09:17:21 AM »
Well done Sam,

Your commonsense advice really pays off  :hug:

If she is anything like my mum's cat, she won't want to go out for a while. After her adventure last week, Shelley will only sit by the back door - inside!  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Another Furbabe finally back home - missing for over 8 weeks!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 22:31:15 PM »
On the 20th July I saw a post on the national pet register about a kitty who was missing ... so I sent the list of hints and tips.

Two days later I received the following email:

Good Evening

Thank you for all useful information, done the vets, neighbours, notice in paper, notice in paper shop, notices on poles every where, walking round the sports field and woods every day twice a day, doing the same at night and 2 a.m in morning, asked children, posters through doors down our road the road at the back (where there is 19 year female brown tabby missing same time and we are in touch), rang the council where they keep animals they find on roads in a freezer.  Will follow up some of your other suggestions we have not done yet.

I think she has been taken by some one.

Pheobe belongs to my 81 year old neighbour who is very upset.  She is thinking about a reward.

A neighbour over the road thought she saw her and we have a CPL trap complete with food for the last 24 hours, so far nothing.

Many thanks for getting in touch.

Kind Regards

Linda

I have been in contact with Linda a couple of times since July and there had been no news or sightings of dear little Phoebe ... until tonight when I received the following email:

Good Evening

Little Pheobe was found by her owner (Joan Fenemore) in a garden the other end of the road (where we have looked many times).  Joan was driving by and saw her walking down the lane towards Nationwide. She is very thin and seem very glad to be back home.  She seems very tired and weak also very hungry, so whether she  was locked in some where or just making her way home we do not know. (there is a fortune to be made for a package that translates meow into english).

She is going to the vet tomorrow to make sure she is ok and to be microchipped.

How long do you think she should be kept in before being let out again?  Any advice gratefully received.  If she was mine I would not let her out for six weeks but I think Joan is going to let her out soon.

Many thanks for your kindness.

Linda

So for everyone with a missing furbabe please do not give up hope. 

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat