Author Topic: My cat has not been seen for 14 days  (Read 13745 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: My cat has not been seen for 14 days
« Reply #81 on: September 15, 2007, 14:39:23 PM »
Oh no!

I really hope it is wrong :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #80 on: September 15, 2007, 09:37:58 AM »
 :hug: Debbie sorry you feel this way, I hope its not true though, why do you think this  :hug:

Hope you are ok  :hug:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #79 on: September 15, 2007, 09:32:00 AM »
Oh nooo Debbie.....Sending you more positive vibes ~~~~~~~  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #78 on: September 14, 2007, 21:38:38 PM »
Oh no...why do you think that (if you want to talk about it)?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #77 on: September 14, 2007, 21:27:05 PM »
So sorry Debbie  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #76 on: September 14, 2007, 21:22:51 PM »
Oh Debbie, that is terrible. If you feel able, can you share with us?? It may just be a vicious rumour ...

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
  • Sam - missing since 29th August 2007 xx
« Reply #75 on: September 14, 2007, 20:43:04 PM »
Hi Helen

It appears it is not such good news for me and Sam.  I have reason to believe he has passed on  :(

« Last Edit: September 14, 2007, 20:49:07 PM by Debbie »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2007, 18:56:39 PM »
Has there been any news Debbie?   :hug:

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: My cat has not been seen for 11 days
« Reply #73 on: September 12, 2007, 15:22:00 PM »
Will be thinking of you, and hopeing that he comes home safe and sound :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #72 on: September 10, 2007, 21:14:20 PM »
Hope you get the answer's you require from Pea and sending you more positive vibes  :hug:  ;)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #71 on: September 10, 2007, 20:52:05 PM »
Hope you have a good response from the ad and that Pea can help  :hug:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2007, 20:07:18 PM »
fingers crossed for you. I know how you feel. :hug:

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #69 on: September 10, 2007, 20:04:57 PM »
Well I have contacted my local paper and the 'free one' that goes out midweek will cost me £98.70 to advertise and the main Friday one £123.03 or for both it is £185.98  :Crazy: :Crazy:

I have also contacted Pea from Animal Thoughts and she is contacting me later so fingers crossed I can locate him soon with either of these sources.

Offline LMC

• Adult Cat
« Reply #68 on: September 10, 2007, 11:54:10 AM »
I found duct tape was best for posters. By the time I'd put them in those plastic file folders as well, the ones that stayed put lasted *ages* - literally months in some cases.

I also taped smaller posters on the poles of many pedestrian crossings - give people something to look at while they are waiting for the lights to change while they are waiting to cross the road. The ones at the crossing at my nearest Tesco are still there - the original ones.

My BG will have been missing for a year this coming Saturday. I still haven't given up hope and in fact have just e-mailed someone on National Pet Register who has listed a found grey cat.

Hope you get some news about Sam very soon.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #67 on: September 10, 2007, 06:19:49 AM »
 :hug: :hug: :hug:  ;)

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #66 on: September 10, 2007, 00:42:59 AM »
Come on little one your Mummy and all of us are wanting you home safe and sound. have asked Gizmo to go up behind him to tell him to go home his lovely Mummy is waiting

Hope Sam is found soon  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thinking of you

Love SP

XX

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2007, 22:21:06 PM »
I really hope Sam is not far away and will be found soon safe and sound  :hug:  Have you been ringing the vets and nearby rescues regularly?  I know some people have said that sometimes the lost list and found list aren't cross referenced that well , only the really recent additions.  You'd hope that they'd scan any found cats but someone might have rang in saying they'd found a cat but not actually taken the cat in to be scanned - worth pestering them anyway...

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Buddy & Daisy
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2007, 21:07:05 PM »
Free papers are usually best to advertise in as they're normally delivered to all houses in the area.  Maybe put there is a reward (always gets peoples attention!!)  I know our papers go out on a Thursday i think deadlines are 4pm a couple of days before.

Good luck, i've got everything crossed for you, as you said it's the not knowing that is most upsetting!!!!

:hug:
Always in my heart RIP Jet, Cleo, Poppy, Oscar & Sydney x

Offline ClaireR

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2007, 19:19:24 PM »
Gosh guys - you know how to make a girl blush!  :shy:

It was lovely to meet Debbie, but I wish it had been under better circumstances.  I was only doing what other members on here would do if they were closer and that is physically help.  Us mad cat lovers need to stick together!

It is disappointing that we didn't see Sam, but having seen the area I am convinced that he could have either wandered a little bit too far and lost his bearings as there are lots of similar looking roads or he could be having a whale of a time in the woods/open land as there is lots just on Debbie's door step and there will be plenty for a cat to eat in there.

It is such a shame that people insist on ripping posters down.  Debbie - I found that that wide brown parcel tape worked best rather than normal sellotape as it sticks more and when you wrap it around top and bottom of poster on a lamp post it makes it REALLY hard to rip off!  I enjoyed wrapping it around a few times, knowing that these idiots would struggle to get it off!

Keep your spirits up.

Claire xx

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #62 on: September 09, 2007, 18:43:20 PM »
Hi Jetcleo

Yes that is a good idea and I had completely forgot to explore that avenue so thanks for the reminder.  I am in the process of placing ads online but the major one I want to advertise in for my town/area is proving a bit tricky to do online, I cant seem to find the lost and found section!  I might just do what your friend did and ask for half a page instead.

I do believe my insurance covers it Gill, but shall have to see if I need to pay first etc.   :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #61 on: September 09, 2007, 18:27:11 PM »
Well done Claire and I am sorry that you both had no luck.

Jets idea is good and if you look at the terms of your insurance, some will pay the cost of this.

Do hope he comes home soon  :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #60 on: September 09, 2007, 18:24:11 PM »
Claire was an angel and came over last night to help me with the search.  We went all over the woodland area, some of it was very dense and even with 3 of us I was quite scared in the dark!  We had no sightings only lots of strange noises and birds flapping about in the trees reacting to my calls/torchlights.  Once again Claire, I would not have searched that particular area in the dark had you not offered your help so thanks a million  ;D

I do believe that Claire is an angel - a spectacular human being, anyway  :hug:

Just one final thing, I drove past the entrance to my estae this afternoon and somebody had attempted to take down one of my posters  >:(  I had only changed it yesterday to say he was still missing.  I am so annoyed at this.  I have printed some more up and will make sure there is a supply in my car along with sellotape should any more be sabotaged.  What petty tiny minds some people have if that is how they get their kicks.

It breaks my heart to hear this.  Then I think of people like Claire  :hug:  Keep thinking positive, Debbie
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2007, 17:45:37 PM »
Try to keep positive Debbie, you will find that Claire is indeed an Angel and she knows exactly what you are going through so dont be afraid to pm her if you need to talk. :hug:

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2007, 17:35:28 PM »
Debbie, sorry you've still not had any news, i know you've probably done it but do you have a local free paper, have you put a big ad in that.  A friend of a friend lost her cat and paid for an advert about a quarter page of the paper - pic of cat, area missing from, etc.

She got her cat back, someone had taken it in thinking it was a stray and she was reunited with her!!

Hope you hear something soon, can't imagine how you're feeling!!  :hug:

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #57 on: September 09, 2007, 17:30:12 PM »
Hi there

No sightings yet.  Claire was an angel and came over last night to help me with the search.  We went all over the woodland area, some of it was very dense and even with 3 of us I was quite scared in the dark!  We had no sightings only lots of strange noises and birds flapping about in the trees reacting to my calls/torchlights.  Once again Claire, I would not have searched that particular area in the dark had you not offered your help so thanks a million  ;D

I got talking to a really nice couple yesterday afternoon.  The guy has apparently been out searching for him too, as they lost a cat a few years back so know how awful it feels.  He thought he saw him a few times but they were false alarms.  Still it is good to know there are others looking.

Just one final thing, I drove past the entrance to my estate this afternoon and somebody had attempted to take down one of my posters  >:(  I had only changed it yesterday to say he was still missing.  I am so annoyed at this.  I have printed some more up and will make sure there is a supply in my car along with sellotape should any more be sabotaged.  What petty tiny minds some people have if that is how they get their kicks.

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
Re: My cat has not been seen for 9 days
« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2007, 15:23:02 PM »
I was just wondering whether there was any news, wish i lived closer to be able to help you out with the search

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2007, 13:00:11 PM »
Any news on Sam?  :hug:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2007, 00:21:54 AM »
Great idea girls....sending you Good Luck vibes to help with the search  ;)

Offline LittleLijah

• Senior Cat
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2007, 18:08:23 PM »
Good luck with the search for Sam.

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2007, 18:04:35 PM »
Claire, I will pm you if that is ok.

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2007, 17:16:00 PM »
 :luck:  you two and keep us posted    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2007, 13:06:33 PM »
Hi Debbie,

I am in Worsley which is just down the road from Warrington so I would be happy to come with you and have a walk around. Do you want to arrange something for this evening/sun morning early hours?  Just let me know.  Happy to come and will arrange for protection for us from my OH!

Claire xx

Offline Debbie

• Senior Cat
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »
Hi Claiire

I live in Warrington Cheshire.  That is such a kind offer which I would gladly accept if I am close to you. I have had very nice supporting pm's too (you know who you are) so thank you very much to all of you.
I went out this morning between 5-6 and yes, dawn chorus was very much going on  :)  No Sam though.  I met a lovely little 3 legged cat on my walk though called Clyde (had a name tag).  He was following me home and rolling round in the middle of the road whilst calling me back to come stroke him, bless him.  I kept going and picking him up and taking him back to the pavement but gave up after the third time and had to leave him there.

Helen, I will take your advice and re-vamp the poster/leaflet and distibute some more tomorrow.  I have to go out today to get my sister a birthday present.  I am already late with it due to the recent events and she said she wants a 'surprise'.  Dont you just hate it when they say that, I can think straight at the moment.  Her surprise might well be 'you havent got a present...' (just kidding) :tired:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2007, 09:44:36 AM »
Debbie I find Dawn Chorus is always best time.
Good Luck :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2007, 09:37:04 AM »
What part of the country are you in?  If you are near me I would be happy to come with you in the woods in the early hours.

What a kind offer to make! What area are you in, Debbie?  If you are nowhere near Claire, one of our other trusted members may be able to help you?
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline ClaireR

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2007, 23:14:21 PM »
Hi Debbie

What part of the country are you in?  If you are near me I would be happy to come with you in the woods in the early hours.  It sounds like the type of place that you need to go at night when quiet as cats have also been know to get stuck up trees - have you been looking up as well as down?  I didn't realise this until I was looking for my cat when he went missing.  I have found that 2/3am works best when it is really quiet.  I got shouted at by my OH for shouting so loud at that time of day, but I didn't care.  I live on a big estate too and at that time of night I walked up to every garage and called his name and then listened.  I know you have to be careful and not go alone, so perhaps someone from the forum could help you with this.  I know he wouldn't know the person's voice, but at least it could be security and company.  I know what it is like if you don't have anyone that understand or can help you at that time of day - most people think you are mad for wandering around at that time of day.

I have used Pea at Animal Thoughts about 5 or 6 times now and I can say that I have found her skills amazing.  I don't understand it and I know when I put my sensible head on that it seems a bit far fetched, but she has contacted 3 of my cats to date.  She has described them all so well and also described things in my house and things they do that I will never know how she knew unless she was communicating with them.  I think it helped one of my cats find their way home when they went missing last year.  It really is a personal thing and some people really don't believe and I can understand why, but I felt it helped.  I just wanted to let you know that it had helped me, but there are others on this site that have used Pea and didn't believe what she told them.  It is definitely something you have to decide for yourself.

Please let us know if we can help.

Don't give up hope.

Claire xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2007, 22:41:10 PM »
I think I know which website you posted on...  I agree with Christine - am sure the poster was trying to reassure you that many many cats come home safe and sound after a much longer time than Sam has been gone for so not to give up hope at any point :hug:

Keep doing what you've been doing all along - try and get some more posters distributed - maybe with a different pic or different write up so people take note instead of thinking they've already seen the posters.  The weekend might be a good time to catch people in and ask them to check their garages/sheds while you wait, I don't know about Sam but Riley is ultra confident with me but if he sees anyone new he hides - if Sam is trapped in a garage he might be too scared to venture out when he hears a strange voice calling him, if it's your voice he might be brave enough to come forwards.

Don't know if it's something you believe in but I know a few people on here have contacted an animal communicator and been very impressed...  This is the lady they used http://www.animalthoughts.com/

I really have got everything crossed that Sam is home soon, safe and sound.   :hug:

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2007, 22:14:13 PM »
Well I feel well and truly scoffed at!  I have just posted details on another website and not sure if I have been oversensitive but one reply I got made out I was making much ado about very little! 

Well, take no notice of that.

:hug:

PM me with details of that website, would you?

I think it was just a misunderstanding and the person concerned was saying that puddies can come wandering back after a longer time than we would wish.

:hug: to Debbie

Offline ChrisB

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Gizmo, Bubbles, Cleo, Daisy and Ellie
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2007, 22:06:02 PM »
Debbie, please don't worry about what anyone else says or thinks - there is so much support on this site and we understand how you are feeling.  It is so difficult but please don't give up hope, as you have read, there are many stories of cats returning after weeks or even months with no clues as to where they have been.   Is Sam likely to have got into an open vehicle ?
Unconditional love is hard to find unless you have a cat

Offline jetcleo

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2007, 22:04:58 PM »
Debbie, really really hope you hear something soon.  You're not being oversensitive at all, you do whatever you have to to find him.  Got everything crossed for you x

Link to CatChat