Author Topic: The amazing obedient Riley.... Video!  (Read 4359 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: The amazing obedient Riley.... Video!
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2007, 19:06:36 PM »
  He does listen to me though... sometimes - if I say 'Ri-Ri din dins' he comes running  ;D

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: so nice to be in control some times, at least ...

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2007, 19:03:38 PM »
was told at dog-training that if they do not respond to the instruction immediately, you either reinforce the instruction with firm hand guidance, or you stop giving it. Otherwise the dog ends up assuming that 'down' means 'go on doing whatever it is your doing'. Might like to try it with Riley. Mind you Smidgen just ignores me, whatever I say or do, so not necessarily applicable to cats  :rofl:

.... What you can't see is that I was pointing to the floor with my other hand so he was in do doubt what the message was - he just chose to ignore it  :evillaugh:

so now he has both a command and a hand signal that tells him to ignore you!!! stern is clearly not part of your vocabulary... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah, I guess so  :shy:  He does listen to me though... sometimes - if I say 'Ri-Ri din dins' he comes running  ;D

Oh and forgot to say that getting on the worktop is the latest trick in our household this week, so I guess I've got all this to come  :tired:! At the moment as soon as they see me they jump down as they know they're not meant to be there, especially with their head in a bowl of bolognese the other night  :tired:!!!

Lucas still hasn't figured out how to get up there so Riley is doing his share of getting up there for him  :innocent: I pluck him down, turn around to get something and like lightening he is back up there - usually with his face in something that isn't intended for him  :evillaugh:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2007, 18:52:41 PM »
Oh and forgot to say that getting on the worktop is the latest trick in our household this week, so I guess I've got all this to come  :tired:! At the moment as soon as they see me they jump down as they know they're not meant to be there, especially with their head in a bowl of bolognese the other night  :tired:!!!

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2007, 18:48:29 PM »
was told at dog-training that if they do not respond to the instruction immediately, you either reinforce the instruction with firm hand guidance, or you stop giving it. Otherwise the dog ends up assuming that 'down' means 'go on doing whatever it is your doing'. Might like to try it with Riley. Mind you Smidgen just ignores me, whatever I say or do, so not necessarily applicable to cats  :rofl:

.... What you can't see is that I was pointing to the floor with my other hand so he was in do doubt what the message was - he just chose to ignore it  :evillaugh:

so now he has both a command and a hand signal that tells him to ignore you!!! stern is clearly not part of your vocabulary... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 18:44:04 PM »
 :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: Good ol' Riley!! I loved the yawn, as if to say "yeh whatever, I'm quite happy here just hanging thanks mum"

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 14:38:25 PM »
So that was your STERN voice was it Helen?!!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Riley no think so  :evillaugh:

ccmacey

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 12:05:41 PM »
Ha ha, not listening at all. You know what he is waiting for dont you? - the tap to be turned on lol.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 09:44:18 AM »
The yawn cracked me up, perfect comedy timing  :rofl:

If its any consolation, Max sees me as a total soft touch, and takes no notice of me either  :evillaugh:  He does with o/h though, all he has to say is 'ummmmmmmmm' in a certain voice when Max tried to make a run for the front door, and he stops and sits down  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 23:50:51 PM »
 :rofl:

I have 'off' for my girls, especially for Letty as she likes to jump into my chair the second I transfer out - at first it was "Off" and shove her off at the same time, now she gets a seconds grace to shift herself before the shove  :evillaugh: actually she's pretty good mostly - she's a bright bunny, she also jumps off my chair when she hears the loo flush cos she knows I'm going to evict her imminently...  :shify:

I am also trying to get really good with them coming when I call - every few days I stash up with treats and call them at random times when they're not paying me any attention. Safety thing really - if they got out or anything.
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 23:25:56 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brilliant!

I can see you're as firm with Riley as I am with Mosi!  He goes on top of the tv a lot and I always lift him down but I can't resist giving him a little cuddle before I place him on the floor.  Somehow he's just not getting the message  :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 23:20:54 PM »
thought was brilliant...............yawnnnnnnnnn whats she on about  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

if i ignore her she will just stroke me and let me snooze  ;D

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 22:20:16 PM »
Loved the yawn too - Hobbes sat up when he heard your voice, yawned, turned round and went back to sleep - just like he does with me really  :rofl:

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 21:31:35 PM »
"yeah ok whatever mum"  brilliant :rofl:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Sarah (seldom_use)

• Super Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 20:59:44 PM »
that yawn just made me pmsl :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2007, 20:06:23 PM »
Typical cat really  :evillaugh:

If willow is spoke to in a tone she doesn't appreciate, she tells me off back - and will scratch me if I'm close enough  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 19:57:42 PM »
I just played it again. Lexy came rushing to see what that voice was. Got up on the sofa and heard "get down!" and jumped off sofa and gave me a filthy look!

Helen even when you're not here you command! Brilliant!!  :evillaugh:

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 19:55:30 PM »
 :rofl: The big yawn in the middle cracked me up!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 19:39:57 PM »
Meowmy what are you talking about i did lie down in the end  :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 19:38:37 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 19:38:17 PM »
Meowmy what are you talking about i did lie down in the end  :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 19:36:32 PM »

Oh he knows what it means alright, if only you could see the look in his eyes!  He lets out this cackly little whimper when i say it as he obviously doesn't want to get down.  What you can't see is that I was pointing to the floor with my other hand so he was in do doubt what the message was - he just chose to ignore it  :evillaugh:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 19:34:13 PM »
Love the way he looks at ya and yawns.......    :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 19:32:28 PM »

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 19:32:23 PM »
 :evillaugh: Now my turn to say I love the commentary. Lexy thought something was up, came up to watch her fellow matey ignoring  you  :evillaugh:  Very firm voice Helen. Clearly he listens  :evillaugh:

He is gorgeous!!!

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 19:31:26 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Oh Helen that made me laugh  :evillaugh: Riley is as obedient as Guinness  :evillaugh: Widget tends to take a telling  :tired:

Cuddles to the boys xxxx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 19:28:18 PM »
nice to see you are reinforcing your commands with firm handling  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I know  :shy:  I gave up in the end as he looked too cute  :)  Normally I keep saying it and if he ignores me then I pluck him off the work surface and plonk him on the floor.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 19:26:42 PM »
nice to see you are reinforcing your commands with firm handling  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
The amazing obedient Riley.... Video!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 19:22:52 PM »
Riley is a terror for being on the kitchen worksurfaces, it's not the hygiene side of things that bothers me as there's always Dettol spray but I worry that he thinks it's a safe, fun place to be but then after I have used the oven or hob it will look exactly the same to him and he'll end up burning himself  :(  Anyway, I normally make a point of telling him to get down if I see him up there - I don't shout at him just say 'down' in my stern voice.

Earlier on he was up on the counter and I went to take a pic of him as his front legs were all spread out and he looked really cute.  My phone was on the video setting so started to video him instead - as you can see he is amazingly obedient - not!  :innocent:

Click on the pic to start the vid - it's a shame it's a bit dark as you should have seen the little look in his eyes - you need to have the volume up to appreciate how he is completely ignoring me, just letting out the out crumpled meowy whimper instead  :innocent:

Link to CatChat