Author Topic: Cat living in my garden  (Read 3278 times)

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
Re: Cat living in my garden
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 22:26:38 PM »
seem Nemo knows a good thing when he/she sees it, well done you are a star  :wish:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 22:03:44 PM »
Ahhh so pleased Nemo has settled in OK ... she obviously knows a good thing when sees it  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 21:47:08 PM »
Well Nemo has settled down very nicely. She has a lovely nature and gets on really well with both my cats and is becoming friendlier with the dog! Infact life in our house has really settled down as Max used to dive bomb Ollie all the time but now he has a new friend Ollie is left in peace! Nemo is getting used to the fact she comes in at night and stays in, First night she was really restless but now she sleeps right through.

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2007, 00:59:58 AM »
They are both really friendly. Nemo (he?she) comes into the house sometimes .. likes to sleep on my daughters bed esp if it is raining! And the little boy is adorable, very friendly and very vocal. They are both ok with my dog Kye .. he loves cats but hates other dogs!! I get all the cats here, even the ones with homes .. I opened the door once to five faces on the doorstep!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2007, 21:59:16 PM »
Is he friendly ?

I think you are doing a grand job with the other one by the way.
I am sure that word gets around in cat land as to which gardens to go to you know !!

All the strays seem to come to me too !

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 20:55:37 PM »
I am not even sure she is a she as she/he wont let me look properly!! but she/he has been around for a year and not been pregnant. Have already contacted Celia Hammond about the Tom, he Is gorgeous!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 20:26:36 PM »
Have another young cat here too now, unneutered male, only young and gorgeous, very friendly.

Is the female cat that is living in your garden spayed ?

I would grab your new vistor and have his swingers chopped off  :rofl:

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2007, 20:31:17 PM »
Little Nemo is still happily living in the garden! She is enjoying lots of nice food and fuss. I have given her lots of toys and she loves chasing around the grass playing with her mouse although I think the dogs big tennis ball is her favourite. We are taking introductions slowly as our two cats are not too keen on each other. I allow Nemo into the kitchen for several short periods each day to see how she and Max are. So far it seems ok. She dive bombed Max once and he seemed shocked .. that is usually his department. But there has been no hissing just the odd whack with paws. Max has got in to the habit of chasing Ollie and pouncing on her everytime she moves and she hates it so I don't want to allow him to start this with Nemo, therefore meeting will be confined to the kitchen until I am sure they can be civil! LOL  Have another young cat here too now, unneutered male, only young and gorgeous, very friendly. Seems keen on my Ollie .. good job she is spayed! .. I gave in and fed him yesterday, he was starving so now every time he sees me he comes running for food. He is very vocal too. Not seen any posters up though. Guessing her will go home once he loses interest in Ollie but I will keep an eye on him.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 13:37:13 PM »
Yup, me too, well done for looking out for this little one  :)

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 13:15:40 PM »
yep I agree with the others. 

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 12:04:26 PM »
I would put a note on the collar asking the "owner" to contact you but I would also carry on feeding her and basically doing what you're doing, she sounds as if she needs some tlc, poor little mite.  If you get no response, then I would keep her  :hug:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 12:02:39 PM »
Think you have done all the right things so far.

You could put a note on the collar asking the owner to contact you but to be honest if she is not leaving your garden and not going home there must be a reason why

I would let her move in

Offline TeresaM

• Adult Cat
Cat living in my garden
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 10:22:26 AM »
About a year ago a young cat starting hanging around my house. It was wearing a collar so i wasn't too worried until it seemed to be there constantly. I took it ( still not sure if it is male or female as it wont let me look! 99% it is female) to be scanned, no chip, so I put my number on it's collar no response. After a while I replaced the collar with a safety one and after a few days it came back with the name Nemo on. She still came but not all the time and eventually the collar was replaced with another one. \now about four weeks ago she turned up with no collar looking very skinny. Since then she has been living in my garden and has put on weight and seems a lot less jumpy, still no collar. She doesn't seem to be going off long enough to be going home and sleeps on our garden chair all night. I have put a cat shelter out there for her. She gets on well with our dog and knows our indoor/outdoor cat Ollie. I have allowed our housecat Max to come nose to nose with her and there has been no hissing. I think I will buy a collar put my number on it and if I get no response let her move in. I have asked around no one seems to know her and no signs are up so it seems no one is looking for her. Wondering if her owners have gone off on a long holiday and left her to it. She is very young probably no older than two .. any ideas what else I should do. I don't want to claim someone else's cat!

Link to CatChat