Author Topic: Cat Litter  (Read 2709 times)

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
  • Miss Jasmine <3 (R.I.P Special girl)
Re: Cat Litter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2007, 20:00:24 PM »
Yeah, I looked through the bird feed stuff several times. It was all in white plastic sacks so I couldn't see what it looked like, and nothing on the labels said anything to resemble chick crumbs. Then when I asked he pointed me to the loose stuff with the seeds in it. Ours is quite a big one so I thought they might've had it. I'm going back on Tuesday for another hooded litter tray so I'll look again.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2007, 19:48:03 PM »
Might look for this myself next time I go to Jollyes.  Not sure they have a bird or horsey section though.  I have walked around the whole store before and don't recall anything other than cat and dog stuff. 

Ah, perhaps some stores are bigger than others and stock more stuff? Ours in Chippehnam is a large warehouse type shop.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2007, 19:11:46 PM »
Might look for this myself next time I go to Jollyes.  Not sure they have a bird or horsey section though.  I have walked around the whole store before and don't recall anything other than cat and dog stuff. 

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2007, 19:08:17 PM »
Our Jollyes didn't have it. They said they had the same thing loose, but pointed me to it and it wasn't. Was a mixture of seeds and stuff.
Is this the same thing? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Swheatscoop-Natural-Wheat-Clumping-Cat-Litter-25lbs_W0QQitemZ150148440275QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29853QQcmdZViewItem
They seem to ship to places other than mainland UK, at least it doesn't mention otherwise

Yep, as Helen said, its chicken feed, so look in the poultry section and just ask for chick crumbs, or starter crumbs. The brand I used to buy in Jollyes is Dodson & Horrel. They are in paper sacks.

No, that Swheatscoops isnt the same thing - I wouldnt use it again - tried it once and it tracked absolutely everywhere, it was a nightmare!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2007, 15:20:36 PM »
Did you have a look in the aisle with all the birdy/horsey stuff in?  The sacks in my Jollyes don't have chick crumbs written anywhere on the actual sack, the only place it's written is on the tiny barcode sticker, it says 'D+H Chick Start Crmb'' or something like that.

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2007, 13:15:52 PM »
Our Jollyes didn't have it. They said they had the same thing loose, but pointed me to it and it wasn't. Was a mixture of seeds and stuff.
Is this the same thing? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Swheatscoop-Natural-Wheat-Clumping-Cat-Litter-25lbs_W0QQitemZ150148440275QQihZ005QQcategoryZ29853QQcmdZViewItem
They seem to ship to places other than mainland UK, at least it doesn't mention otherwise

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 19:22:28 PM »
I would not indeed  :Luv:

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 19:03:58 PM »
Lol Karen

but you wouldnt have it any other way would you ?!

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 19:00:51 PM »
They're great, thanks, Michelle. Although they're stressing me out today! I know it's what cats do but they climb over absolutely everything. I must have lifted Meeko off the table when we were eating our dinner easily 30 times. I pick them up and say "no" and put them back down, before I've sat down they've jumped back up again. Monsters!
As I type Belle's trying to catch a moth that's on the other side of the window  :rofl:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 18:46:16 PM »
Hows all the cats Karen ?

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 18:44:47 PM »
Thanks everyone. £7.50 for 20kg is good anyway. I'm paying £3.79 for 5kg (I think) at the minute and it doesn't last 5 minutes. I'll have a look in jollyes tomorrow, don't think there's anywhere else near here that would do it.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 16:23:23 PM »
I remember reading about this here before. In what part of the pet shops do you find chick crumbs? We have a Jolleyes here so it might have it. That ebay one doesn't ship to over here. I tried wbcl and thought it was good, but not quite good enough to justify the price of it, especially with 4 cats I go through a ton of litter.

Yes, I used to get mine from Jollyes - but it was about £7.50 for a 20kg sack (which isnt too bad price wise anyway, compared to WBCL), but I later found it at my local petshop for £5.89 for the same size. If you liked WB then you'll like chick crumbs!

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 16:19:04 PM »
its under poultry feed, I phoned mine up here, Newcastle and the told me it was in stock, butt have since found it elsewhere for only 5.50 a 20kg bag :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 16:17:44 PM »
The cattery i used this year used chick crumbs

Offline karenjet

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 15:49:12 PM »
I remember reading about this here before. In what part of the pet shops do you find chick crumbs? We have a Jolleyes here so it might have it. That ebay one doesn't ship to over here. I tried wbcl and thought it was good, but not quite good enough to justify the price of it, especially with 4 cats I go through a ton of litter.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 16:57:41 PM »
If its the chick crumbs that I buy to use as cat litter, and it certainly looks similar to those, then its expensive to buy online like that £13.00 for a 20 kg bag? You can just go to an animal feed shop, or larger pet warehouse type places and buy the same amount - 20 kg for around £7 or £8 - I can actually get mine through my local petshop for £5.89 for 20kg. Its called chick crumbs, or sometimes starter crumbs. The chick crumbs as just like WBCL.

Edited - actually I've just had another look at the pic, it looks bigger than the chick crumbs I buy, more like pellets - it may well still be chick feed, but probably what they call Layers pellets, as opposed to the crumbs.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 17:00:31 PM by Gillian (Ambercat) »

Offline Charlie_Bear

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzy, Brandy, Kitty and Toby the Springer Spaniel
Cat Litter
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 16:39:20 PM »
I am sorry if anyone has covered this before but I don't have time to trawl through all the postings. Has anyone tried this cat litter?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130106356996&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:UK:11

I always use WBCL but I have just ordered some of the above out of curiosity. I believe it is some kind of animal feed and the feedbacks about it are quite amazing.

Jenny

Link to CatChat