Author Topic: Wild cat  (Read 2181 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: Wild cat
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2007, 21:11:38 PM »
defo taking you for a ride - do you think she fancies you?? :rofl: :rofl: (for her chances!!)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2007, 09:28:26 AM »
The women is a pain and expected us to drop everything to do something about this puss. when we told her not to catch it weekends..!!

So many people do that, don't they? Obviously if a cat is ill it is another matter.

When I got there, she was quite happy to settle down for a long chat. I had to explain to her that as well as running a B&B, I like to have some life and had planned to go to lunch and was running late with the unexpected chore - she then went on to talk about various restaurants in Canterbury - I excaped quickly  :evillaugh:
Credit where its due, she said she had put up posters (which seems odd if she knew who the cat was?)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 08:35:56 AM »
The women is a pain and expected us to drop everything to do something about this puss. when we told her not to catch it weekends..!!

So many people do that, don't they? Obviously if a cat is ill it is another matter.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 08:34:37 AM »
Its possible that in the winter the cat looked black but when I had a good look in the pen in direct sunlight, it was coca-cola coloured. Anyway, definately not a wild cat. Scared and insecure cat maybe  :Luv:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 08:13:18 AM »
Aww, bless. I doubt his fur could have been bleached in that space of time, so fingers crossed for lost puss too.
Please spay your cat

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 21:07:13 PM »
Maybe as the cat has been awol for three weeks there's a chance his/her colour may have been bleached by the sun (i know what sun!)

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2007, 21:04:46 PM »
Just want to thank Mark for picking this puss up.. From his description i am now not sure it was our Terry, he was very black not chocolate colour.. The women is a pain and expected us to drop everything to do something about this puss. when we told her not to catch it weekends..!! If Mark was unable to go around there, I would of been insistant that she gets her act together and put it in a basket..and take it to our fosterers....Really, some people.....

I am sure they think we have a little van and are  waiting by the phone to come and rescue every puss out there.. We certaintly will pull all the strings for poorly or injured cats, but ones that can walk and are okay for a day or so unfortunately we just priortise and do the best we can...

We have yet to work out if it is our missing puss (who has been chipped) it if isnt then another puss in our pens, the emergency pen was empty for just 12 hours...

The small 12wk old kitten found in Herne Bay car park is abit poorly he keeps being sick... We reckon found his way into a car and thus could of come from anywhere........

Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2007, 19:59:04 PM »
I enjoy it but still find it hard, even though they are going to be safe, warm and well fed. The woman said she felt like she had let him down but had 3 cats already and they bully him - also the fact that he pees all over her house.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 19:53:26 PM »
Doesn't sound like your average reasonable Whitstable dweller...  :shy:

Maybe I'd have scratched her!  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Well done, Mark!  :wow:

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 19:20:35 PM »
Maybe your a lion tamer  :rofl:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 19:19:48 PM »

wild cat indeed  :Crazy:  :innocent:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 19:17:32 PM »
Yep, definitely a savage, maneating cat!! Wonder what she did to it to make it over react like that - chase it with the vacuum cleaner??

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Wild cat
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 19:15:05 PM »
Sharon called this morning. A woman had a cat shut in her living room and wanted it collecting "straight away" She had the cat around a few months ago and was feeding it. It was taken into foster care and neutered, vacced etc. After it had been there a while, the fosterer allowed it out but it went AWOL about 6 weeks ago. It had turned up in the original womans garden this morning and went into her house. She told Sharon the cat had gone wild. Sharon said he seemed quite calm at the fosterers but maybe living rough had affected him. I went to see her and she said "I stink of TCP! and warned me to be careful as the cat (Terry) had attacked her and her arm had been "gushing blood" she showed me a pinprick and 2 small scratches  :evillaugh:
She offered me a big thick throw to pick him up but I said that would probably scare him so I used a hand towel I took with me. He made no fuss whatsover. I put him in front of the carrier and patted his backside and he trotted in  ;D. Took him to the fosters house (pen in the garden) and within a minute, he was on his side purring his head off  :Luv:
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 19:32:53 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat