Author Topic: The Office Cats  (Read 41795 times)

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
Re: The Office Cats
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2017, 20:54:08 PM »
Fussy Cats

Today was an unusual one with the cats, as they seemed very unsettled for much of the day. When I arrived, one of the night staff was leaving with her dog, which may have had an effect on the cats, but I would not have expected it to have been major. Their behaviour continued the repeated appearing/disappearing cycle from yesterday, although this time frequently. They also badgered me for food with the following and staring, especially in the staffroom where the cat food is kept. When I looked in their bowls, they were full, and when I checked the boxes of sachets in the larder in the staffroom, there was a new brand - Tesco's own. No alternatives remained.

As a way of coaxing both kitties to eat, I again plied them with fish Dreamies and Sainsbury's cat milk. It seems Tiggie loves this brand of cat milk, along with real milk, but Kizzie is not quite so keen.

By lunchtime, I decided it was the brand of cat food that was accounting for the cats' strange behaviour, so I asked the agency chef if there were any leftovers, to be told, 'I am paid to feed humans, not cats!' After lunch, the AUM was a different kettle of fish (no pun intended) and suggested a small amount of leftover steak pie in one of the units. The respective carer was obliging and I tried a small amount on saucers for both Kizzie and Tiggie. They loved it and ate two-and-a-half small saucer portions. For the remainder of the afternoon they slept it off in the forum.   

Just before I left for home, much to my amazement, I noticed Kizzie eating some of the cat food in her bowl. Consequently, a small amount of steak that I had put in the fridge for teatime, was left for tomorrow (unless someone throws it out). I suppose a harder-hearted person, would not have given them anything else, until they ate what they were given, and it may have worked. Sometimes, the cats gets morsels from the carers on the units, but not today. 

If the food was not driving the cats out of the office, I again wondered if they had been shooed out by other staff? An animal psychologist would be baffled by our cats.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 20:55:48 PM by Cloveart, Reason: Experimented with font sizes »
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2017, 09:44:29 AM »
That's what I thought Paula  :scared: :scared:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2017, 08:28:10 AM »
I have only just watched the video and had to stop when she got the cotton bud out and deep into that poor cats ear. Horrid. Even wrapped cats can suddenly move, she could have inflicted some real damage.
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2017, 08:04:17 AM »
I don't like what they did to that cat in the video Cloveart and would recommend spot on treatment if required.  I found this on a reliable website (international cat care)

Parasitic otitis, Otodectes cynotis: This is a very common cause of otitis externs in cats, especially young cats. It is caused by infection with an ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) which can readily be spread from one cat to another. The mite itself is just visible to the naked eye as a dirty white speck, often actively moving. Very large numbers of these mites can be found in ears, even of young kittens. The mites generally spend their whole life in or around the ear canal, but may be able to survive for short periods (up to 2-3 weeks) in the environment. Some cats show few signs of ear mite infection, but in most the mites produce a strong allergic response with intense itching. The skin linking the ear canals can become thickened, the cat will scratch at the ears and shake its head, and there will typically be a discharge from the ear with dark or black waxy material. In some cases there may be secondary bacterial infection as well. Diagnosis and treatment is usually straightforward, but may not necessarily involve using ear drops. Some ‘spot-on’ insecticides such as selamectin are very effective against ear mites and direct application to the ears may not be required. In some cases, careful cleaning of the ear may be needed, but this should be done by your vet, and may require an anaesthetic to be carried out safely.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2017, 23:39:04 PM »
You can only get Advocate at the vets as far as I am aware, the vet will need to weigh them to determine correct dosage.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2017, 23:34:13 PM »
THAT CAT ATTACK LOOKS LIKE LUPIN LOL.

SUCH ADVENTURES PEOPLE HAVE AT WORK................I HAD FORGOTTEN ALL THE PRACTICE FIRE ALERTS AND CLEARVTHE BUILDING WHEN A FALSE ALARM, ALARMS GOING OFF AT A DEAFENING LEVEL AND US ALL TROOPING DOWN LOADS OF STAIRS.

SEEMS LIKE THESE KITTIES KEEP YOU ON YOUR TOES  :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

IF PAULAS SUGGESTIONS DONT WORK THEN A VET VIST MAYBE NEEDED.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2017, 23:23:26 PM »
It sounds more like ear mites to me, cat ear wax is dark and the mites stimulate production of such, Advocate spot on takes care of them, fleas, ticks and lice as well as some intestinal worms. Well worth the home investing in for both cats and Milbumax every 3 months to get shot of the worms that the Advocate doesn't sort out. Personally I wouldn't mess around with a cats ears, unless maybe I way fully clothed in my motorcycle gear and leather gauntlets. I value my skin the  way it is, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2017, 20:52:14 PM »
Cat Attack!

Apologies for vanishing without an explanation, but I have been away from the office and my broadband on a couple of occasions. I have also had a couple of medical things, not serious, but time consuming.

Going back a couple of weeks, Kizzie joined me in the office, taking her usual place in the in-tray, and because I had been away for a bit longer than usual seemed to want plenty of strokes and tickles. Late in the morning, I did my usual trick of operating the keyboard with my right hand and stroking the cat with my left, when she suddenly grabbed my hand with both front sets of claws and bit me hard. I tried to pull away, but because the claws are hooked they clung particularly to the skin of my palm. At one point, I heard myself shout, 'That hurts Kizzie, let go!' Eventually, I unhooked my hand and noticed three or four corresponding patches of blood. Kizzie has done a similar thing once before when I stroked her, thinking she was awake when she was not, and appeared to instinctively spring to life and attack. On that occasion, it was not quite so painful, and having said all this, I have seen people wake her without a violent reaction.     

When I discussed the 'attack', soon after, with Ella (the lady who brings in the cat food), she suggested it may be a reaction to careless treatment from other staff. She recalled a particular member who has since left, but others may not be very gentle. Discussing it, later, with another member of staff, Beth, she said, 'Perhaps Kizzie isn't feeling well.' For a few days following the 'attack', Kizzie continued to appear in the office and sleep in the in-tray, but I did not stroke her very much, despite her looking at me as if to say, 'I want attention.'

On one of these days, early in the morning, the fire alarm went off and we assembled in the forum. According to the procedure, designated staff set off towards the wings to see if they could identify the location of a fire, but returned to report that there were none. On the units, staff reported back via walkie-talkies that they had not burned the toast and also that they could not see any signs of fire. Having to make a swift decision, the AUM decided to call the fire brigade which duly appeared. The fire engine was parked in the centre of the car park and the firemen came in to search the building (we are not, for example, allowed to enter the roof during a fire alert). They returned to declare nothing was found and that there may be a fault with the alarm system. Dust or insects in the sensors could even be responsible. Amidst the comings-and-goings and constant alarm sound, Kizzie left the office and sat near the entrance, under the table with a table cloth. After a while, staff, including myself, and Kizzie slipped outside the front door.

It is not unknown for cats to have been run over by a departing fire engine. Recalling an aquaintance who believed she had lost her cat on a departing dustbin lorry, I picked up Kizzie, against her will, and held her until the vehicle departed. Whilst doing so, a colleague, spotting the black inside Kizzie's ear said she thought the cat had an ear infection. I had noticed the black earlier and wondered whether it was normal. As I was to be away again, Ella implied that she would take Kizzie to the vet, but on my return the black was still present. A Google search revealed that the black could be removed with olive oil on cotton wool, but I cannot imagine Kizzie remaining still for long enough. I will wait for the next time Ella and I are working on the same day and suggest that, between us, we attempt the cotton wool approach.

Does anyone here have experience of a cat with an ear infection and what did they do to rid the animal of the bacteria?

I found this YT clip and it must be of the most co-operative cat in the world. I would not use a cotton bud though:

I arrived at work early today and, because I had been away for another spell, Kizzie appeared immediately. She rarely arrives before I am due to start work, although it can happen. She wanted lots of stroking and jumped up on the worktop where she lay in front of the keyboard, across the phone, in and out of the in-tray, etc. After a while she disappeared and repeated the appearing/disappearing cycle several times. Perhaps she was in the habit of leaving the office, although the towel for her to lay on was still in the in-tray. Even Tiggie wanted more attention than usual. I gave them both some Dreamies and cat milk - this time Sainsbury's, which is yellow and creamy and which they both enjoyed.   

At lunchtime, both kitties terrorised me into giving them food, by their following and staring technique. They had been fed in the morning, but the penny dropped when I remembered it was fish on Friday. I managed to find a piece of unwanted fish and divided it between their bowls. They ate as much as they could and spent the afternoon sleeping it off. They were too full, even for more cat milk. I have never given them fish before, but they do get it from some staff and it has become a bit of an expectation. After all, they can smell it around the building.   
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2017, 16:16:22 PM »
Really pleased that you are okay, just busy, we will look forward to the update. :hug: :hug: :hug:

As Paula said.  We enjoy hearing about The Office Cats.  ;D

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2017, 16:04:27 PM »
Sorry I did not keep you informed, but will be back soon. :Luv:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2017, 15:45:10 PM »
Really pleased that you are okay, just busy, we will look forward to the update. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2017, 15:11:57 PM »
Hello, Sue. Sorry I haven't been posting recently, but I've been 'busy' :naughty:. The office cats are fine, thank you, and I will be back with an update soon.   

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2017, 07:24:06 AM »
Hi Cloveart.  How're you doing, and how're Kizzie and Tiggie?

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2017, 21:07:16 PM »
CLOVEART HOPE YOU HAVE SEEN THAT THE KITTEN HAS GROWN UP  ;D ;D ;D

NOW YOU CAN SEE WHAT WE DO AS MEMBERS  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked

BE CAREFUL ITS  ADDICTIVE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NEW CAPTION COMPETITION SOON STARTS WHEN SOUFFLE SEES SHE HAS WON  ;D ;D

Oh, yes, I am an adult cat now.

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2017, 18:19:51 PM »

And run away screaming :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2017, 17:52:35 PM »

BE CAREFUL ITS  ADDICTIVE  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

NEW CAPTION COMPETITION SOON STARTS WHEN SOUFFLE SEES SHE HAS WON  ;D ;D

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2017, 17:22:29 PM »
Sometimes, I would like to move in myself!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2017, 17:09:39 PM »
Cloveart, I think I am going to send my Mum to live where you work!

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2017, 17:07:06 PM »
Thank you, Gill and Rosella, what would  I do without you?

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2017, 16:59:30 PM »
Not forgetting these little fellers, Bubble and Squeak:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 17:01:10 PM by Cloveart »

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2017, 16:49:13 PM »
Ditto Tiggie:

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2017, 16:26:11 PM »
Here is a scan of a photocopy of a printed digital photo of Kizzie:
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 16:46:18 PM by Cloveart »

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2017, 15:03:00 PM »
 YEPPY WHERE IT SAYS BROWSE AND WILL BRING YOU TO YOU PICS ON PC. YOU CAN ADD UP TO 4 ON EACH POST, WANNA PUT MORE JUST DO A NEW REPLY WITH A COUPLE OF WORDS AND ANOTHER 4.  YOU HAVE TO CLICK ATTACHMENTS UNDERNEATH FOR THE OTHER 3, EASIER TO DO FIRST I FIND.

I CAN USUALLY GET 4 IN AT 1000 BUT DOES DEPEND ON YOUR CAMERA AND MINE HAS QUITE BIGG PICS.

AS ROSELLA SAYS RESIZE IN IRFAN VIEW, SAVE IN ORIGINAL FOLDER TO GET IT ON PC AND BINGO YOU ARE HOME AND NO NASTY OTHER SITES INVOLVED.

MASTER OF YOUR OWN PICS  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2017, 05:46:27 AM »
At the bottom of reply section is ATTACH.You can attach pics as long as they have been resized.  I think you mentioned you know Irfan View and can I assume use that to resize?   I usually use 800 X 600 and am able to attach 3 pics.  Anything larger seems to generate message with max pic size info i.e. 350kb
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 05:49:37 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2017, 21:13:22 PM »
How do you post a picture without a hosting site?

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #49 on: February 18, 2017, 20:07:30 PM »
 UMMMMMMMMMMMMM WHY DO YOU NEED AN IMAGE HOSTING SITE, NOT NEEDED FOR PURRS.................SORRY SHOULDNT BE SO NOSY  :-[ :-[

I DONT USE THEM AND DONT VISIT OTHERS EITHER COS OFTEN TOO HARD TO SEE A SPECIFIC PICTURE.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #48 on: February 18, 2017, 18:40:19 PM »
I can imagine that a tablet or backlit kindle would be useful for reading in bed! I would not want to be tied to one providor of reading material.

Fanfare of trumpets

I have managed to find a new version of Epson Scan for Windows 10 and it works. I am ready to scale them with Paint or IrfanView. The only thing I need now is an image hosting site, but I'll probably use Google. So, I am hoping to show both kitties soon.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 18:49:01 PM by Cloveart »

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #47 on: February 17, 2017, 13:45:24 PM »
The Kindle Fire is much more than an e-reader, Gill. 

If you want, you can game on it (though I don't - don't have the time or inclination), download apps, watch catch up TV, stream videos and box sets,  read books, browse the net, shop, store photos and downloads, email and gmail, listen to music.  The newest models also have expandable memory with SD card slots.  They also come in up to 10 inch sizes, so there's one for everyone.  I have two different sized ones - one which slots easily into my pocket or handbag, and a slightly larger Fire for use at home.  plus I have the old fashioned first generation e-reader Kindle which is great for when I go on holiday and just want an easy to carry solutions for the hundreds of books I like to have to hand.   ;D  (And yes, I still like a good old fashioned book, but no room to hump half a dozen with me in hand luggage only)

You can change the font on screens to make things easier to read, too.  It's better than my laptop was.  Much better.  I hated the laptop.    Big Kindle fan though.   :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2017, 13:24:13 PM »
 I AM SURE THERE IS SOME REASON I DISREGRD THE KINDLE AS AN OPTION, COULD BE THESIZE BEING TOO SMALL FOR ME TO SEE BUT SURE IT GOES BACK BEFOR EYE PROBLEMS BUT CANT REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS.

I AM SURE IT CANT DO ALL I CAN DO ON A LAPPY AND CERTAINLY WOULD NOT WANT TO READ BOOKS WHICH I THOUGHT WAS WHAT IT WS DESIGNED FOR.

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #45 on: February 17, 2017, 07:20:09 AM »
Yes and yes.  I tend to listen to most of my music on my Kindle now, and I have managed to get photos on there (don't ask me how - can't remember, but they're there  :evillaugh:)

And when you're tryping (as I so often do) you can actually use a speech facility which will type the words for you (though of course, being anti-teccie, I stay away from that and stumble on regardless with fattest finger first  :evillaugh:)

And the Kindle Fires come with a "Mayday" button, so if you need help or assistance, you can get real-time help from a proper person.   One of mine (the newer version) has a good camera on it.  The camera on the older version is not so good.

I love it for watching catch up TV too. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2017, 20:04:48 PM »
 DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT KINDLES.......CAN YOU DO PICTURE STUFF AND MUSIC ON TTHEM?

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2017, 20:03:08 PM »
I've got three kindles - two of which are kindle fire.  I love them.  Can do everything I want to and never had a pick of bother with them.  I've had my oldest one about 5 years now.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2017, 19:13:04 PM »
 NO PROBS WITH HUDL EXCEPT CANT MOVE PHOTOS FROM IT ONTO MICRO CARD HAD WAS TOLD WOULD HAVE TO RING HELP NUMBER BUT NEVER GOT ROUND TO IT.

HOWEVER CAN PUT PHOTOS FROM LAPPY ONTO IT AND THEN USE THEM IN INSTAGRAM. ALSO CAN HOOK HUDL TO LAPPY AND TRANSFER STUFF THAT WAY.  TRYING TO DELETE ALL PICS OFF IT TO FREE UP SPACE BUT WANT THEM ON LAPPY.

DIDNT KNOW TESCO HAD STOPPED COS I HAVE THE FIRST ONE, BOUGHT ON DAY IT CAME OUT AND STILLMISSED THE ACCOUNT I WANTED TO FOLLOW GRRRRRRRR.

HOWEVER THE SECOND SLIGHTLY LARGER ONE CAME OUT ONLY...WELL SEEMS LIKE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO! BOUGHT ONE OF THE LAST ONES LIKE MINE FOR SIS WITH DOUBLED UP VOUCHERS AND COST ABOUT £10 LOL.

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2017, 19:06:04 PM »
All the computer magazines rate the Hudl highly, Gill. Tesco stopped making them a while ago and there is still no equivalent on the market. If you are having problems, I dread to think what the other tablets are like!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2017, 13:36:30 PM »
Gill, that's exactly what I found with my phone - I think the guys at 02 disabled some of the Google stuff to stop it munching through shedloads of data which was only being used to back up stuff I'd never elected to back up. 

I tried stopping certain Apps which were running, and as you say you get warnings that infer the sky will drop out of your bottom if you try and stop it - they say nowt about it costing you additional top-ups of £10 or more each time because the data crunching is taking place outside your control.    :shify: :shify:

And yes, Google seems to access all of your passwords and personal data, and then before you know it, it's being shared with the multiverse, yet you can't even access your own photographs!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2017, 13:16:31 PM »
 OMG SUE, NOW THAT IS A UMMMMMMMMMMM STEP WAY OVER THE TOP.

OH CLOVEART A PERSON AFTER MY OWN HEART, I JUST HATE MOBILES AND MINE IS ONLY SWITCHED ON WHEN I NEED IT!

BECAUSE I HAVE A HUDL WHICH USES ANDROID , WHEN I WAS FORCED TO BUY A NEW MOBILE AGAIN BECAUSE IT KEPT LOCKING IT AND STEALING MY MONEY I BOUT AN ANDROID ONE BECAUSE IT WORKED SIMLIAR TO THE HUDL. HOWEVER I USE IT SO LITTLE, BARELY REMEMBERING TO CHARGE BATTERY AND GO ON INSTAGRAM TO STOP BEING LOCKED OUT, GOOGLE PUTS SO MANY ADD ONS THERE IS NO ROOM FOR ANYTHING ELSE AND NOTHING SEEMS TO GO IN THE MICROCARD.

THEY A A TOTAL PAIN .

I DONT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH ANDROID AS SUCH BUT GOOGLE................I HATE GOOGLE BECAUSE IT ACCESSES ALL INFO, PWS ETC ETC AND YOU CANT STOP IT.  ALSO I UNDERSTAND THAT ONE ADD ON AFFECTS ANOTHER SO IF DELETING SOME THAT CAN AFFECT HOW EVERYTHING WORKS,

ALTHOUGH I HAVE FOUND THAT ITS ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE STUFF, MAKE IT INACTIVE YES BUT THATS IT AND YOU GET DIRE WARNINGS TO TRY AND STOP YOU.

I AM BEING FORCED TO USE CHROME TO VIEW BBC PLAYER  AND LOOKS LUIKE SINCE LAST NIGHT ALSO PLAY AMAZON STUFF COS I HAVE WIN 8.1 AND FLASH PLAYER IMBEDDED BUT IS NOT RECOGNIZED. DELL COULD FIND OUT WHAT PROBLEM WAS BUT ITS GETTING WORSE ALMOST BY THE DAY. SO CHROM ALSO HAS BLASTED GOOGLE ASSOCIATED AND IT KEEPS CHANGING THE EXTENSIONS WHICH MAKES THINGS NOT WORK.

I PLAY GAMES ONLINE AND POGO WILL NOT WORK IN IE..YES FLASHNPLAYER PROBLEM, SO SWITCHED TO CHROME BUT SOME GAMES WILLNOT WORK IN CHROME AND IT SAYS SWITCH TO IE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRR SO CANT PLAY THEM AT ALL.

SORRY AM RANTING NOW AS MY FURY OVER DOING THINGS I COULD DO LAST YEAR AND NOW I CANT AND I AM ANGRY BIG TIME.   >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »
I heard the other day that in Japan, they have traffic lights built into the pavement, so that people who text all the time don't have to look up when crossing the roads.  Gordon Bennett!!

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 10:44:35 AM »
Gill, yes that's right, the phone needs software to connect to the computer which I cannot now get to work! Again, my old computer could read every card under the sun, but this one does not have a reader. It is a pain because I cannot effectively use the camera. I am seriously thinking of printing out that picture and putting it on the wall of the office.

Sue, I do not like mobile phones, especially smart phones with the Android OS, and don't get me started on the zombies who walk into me on pavements while playing with their phones. Grrrr!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2017, 07:10:01 AM »
I use Samsung Kies for mobile stuff too but it won't work with my phone, just with hubby's for some reason.  One thing I liked about me old Blackberry was just plugging it in to the phone and uploading piccies.

Then again, my phone won't let me download certain Apps either, which my OH can get on his.  Identical phones, but there you go!   I don't like doing stuff with them other than texting, phoning and taking photos. 

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2017, 23:57:59 PM »
 LOVE THAT AND SO RIGHT FROM A CATS POINT OF VIEW  ;D ;D ;D

OH RIGHT YOU NEED A SPECIAL SOFTWARE TO GET THE PICS OFF, YOU CANT JUST DOWN LOAD THEM DIRECT.

AFRAID I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT MOBILES  :-[ :-[

JUST KNOW OFF MY ANDROID STUFF CAN JUST PLUG THEM INTO LAPPY AND DOWNLOAD WITHOUT ANYTHING ELSE AND CAN ALSO TAKE MICRO CARD OUT AND TRANSFER FROM THAT TOO.

Link to CatChat