Author Topic: Help with neutering costs for disabled lady.  (Read 2267 times)

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
Re: Help with neutering costs for disabled lady.
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2016, 19:31:44 PM »
I am going to pass all of this on when I see her on Wednesday, although I know that she is on some form of Disability Benefit, I don't know what and TBH I don't know her well enough to even ask, but I will provide her with the info and phone numbers and will end up taking Jess as she has MS and suffers falls without trying to carry a 4.5 + kilo cat in a carrier. Hopefully not to the PDSA as it is way the other side of Brighton and a pain to get to, but needs must if necessary.

Thank you all for your help, it is appreciated :Luv: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2016, 21:47:42 PM »
PDSA should neuter too if she is receiving benefits too, probably the same criteria as CP. Depends which is nearer to her/ you.
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2016, 15:38:00 PM »
CP do financial assistance, its means tested.  http://www.cats.org.uk/what-we-do/neutering/financial-assistance

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2016, 04:45:38 AM »
Thanks Sheila, I don't know if she will qualify for the cheaper place as she will have to be in receipt of either Housing Benefit or what was Council Tax Benefit, although they call it something else now, something support. Or Pension Credit, but she is too young for that. CP will be my next port of call, but I have been busy this afternoon so I haven't called them yet, will do so tomorrow, the sooner Jess gets done the better. I will have to post a pic of him. He looks like a long hair version of Merlin and has the most fabulous white curly ear tufts :naughty:, and he lurves Tan's 'sweeties'.

I'll. no doubt, have to take him, but it will be worth it. I also told her about FIV/FeLV risks, but she is unwilling to pay for blood tests so he will have to carry on on that score, but one thing at a time.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2016, 23:24:25 PM »
CP would usually provide a neutering voucher either free of charge or at a minimal rate for low income clients. Our branch offer free neutering to anyone on low income, students and pensioners, and will consider reduced cost neutering for everyone else on a case by case basis, so it's definitely worth asking for help from CP

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2016, 11:39:28 AM »
I know I used one of the London ones for my nephew when willow lived with him as rosie, his way of dealing with the situation was not letting her out  but we all know that isn't ideal!   - they said that they had actually stopped doing it because people where turning up in Mercedes with pets but when I explained the situation with my nephew they let him do it for a fiver which I paid  - hope you manage to get it sorted  :hug:

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2016, 11:34:02 AM »
Thank you All, Worthing Anicare is on the list Dawn, I'd forgotten about them, I'll give them a call when I have sorted OH out with his Christmas 'do' today. If they can't help, I'll get in touch with Worthing CP. ;D, you Ladies are da best :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2016, 20:36:44 PM »
Local CP should help
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 19:23:47 PM »
CP DO I BELIEVE BUT SHEILA WOULD KNOW AND THINK THAT BLUE CROSS PROBABLY WILL NEUTER, KNOW NOTHING ABOUT RSPCA

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Help with neutering costs for disabled lady.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 19:21:08 PM »
I don't know if she receives PIP or DLA, she does get disability benefit, but Gina wants to get Jess neutered, does anyone know if CP, RSPCA, Blue Cross still do vouchers to help now?

Many thanks,

Paula xxx

Link to CatChat