Author Topic: Bruno - to pee or not to pee!  (Read 5255 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: Bruno - to pee or not to pee!
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2016, 16:23:50 PM »
Glad to hear that our lad seems happy in himself and that he is being watched carefully  :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2016, 12:25:05 PM »
Always annoying when vets contradict each other.  Poor Bruno

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2016, 11:52:34 AM »
that is good news, its really horrible when they are blocked, you can tell they are unhappy and in pain

That's the thing, other than noticing him going to use the litter tray more and not actually weeing, he seems fine in himself.  Strange!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2016, 11:32:25 AM »
that is good news, its really horrible when they are blocked, you can tell they are unhappy and in pain

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2016, 11:24:55 AM »
Well took him to our usual vets this morning and the vet said although there is discomfort in his bladder, his bladder is empty so he must be going.  I asked if the blockage could be the other end which isn't allowing urine to get into the bladder and the vet said that if that was the case he would be in a lot of pain, meowing when trying to wee and also off his food, which he isn't. 

She gave him an anti inflammatory and gave us a defuser  to see if he's stressed. She said to watch him over the next 24 hrs and if he's still going but not actually peeing, to take him back. 

I mentioned the fact that the emergency vets said the lining of his bladder seemed thickened and my vet ask if she scanned him to which I replied she didn't.  She then said that she wouldn't be able to tell if his bladder was thickener by just feeling his bladder. So I'm glad I didnt go ahead with all the tests the emergency vet suggested.

So I'll stay home with him today and keep an eye on him but fingers crossed it's nothing serious!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2016, 08:40:34 AM »
Sending much love to Bruno, bless him.  Well done for not delaying.   :hug:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2016, 08:23:02 AM »
I'm really surprised the vet left a blockage overnight, our old cat bluto used to have crystals and it always involved emergency vet appointments

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2016, 23:53:11 PM »
The vet has checked him over and said that his bladder is small but the walls are very thick and he has a lot of discomfort there.  He has cystitis but without doing further tests the vet doesn't know why. She said it could be a blockage, could be crystals, could be a mass and could be FLUTD. She said she could start running tests tonight and keep him in but that he wasn't in danger so we could leave it till tomorrow.

Because he has a dodgy heart and gets very stressed we decided to bring him home.  She gave him pain relief so he's more comfortable.  So it's off to the vets tomorrow morning now for further tests. Poor boy :(
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 23:55:14 PM by NikNakNoo »

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 23:08:20 PM »
Crikey  :Crazy: :Crazy: :Crazy:

Hope he's okay.   :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 23:02:35 PM »
At the emergency vets now!!

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2016, 22:17:54 PM »
Blockages in a male can be very serious

You may need to consider an emergency vet tonight

Really? He's fine in himself.  Eating, playing etc appears to not be in any discomfort. I'll book him a vet apt tomorrow. We seem to be going to the vets every weekend at the moment mainly due to bebe's ongoing stomach issues.  Oh well...the joys of having lovely cats!! :)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2016, 21:49:53 PM »

I agree.  Potential to deteriorate fast is great.  I'd be off to the vet toot sweet.  Sending lots of positive vibes for Bruno.   :hug:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2016, 21:23:49 PM »

Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Sootyca

• Super Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2016, 21:02:50 PM »
Sky had stress related cystitis which was similar to this.  Cleared up with cystaid but returned.  When cystaid stopped working was xrayed and eventually was diagnosed with crystals which were blocking the bladder.

I'm neurotic anyway so would go vet :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2016, 20:45:39 PM »
Sounds like either some sort of blockage or cystitis (which can be caused by infection or stress). I think a vet visit is in order if he is no better tomorrow  :hug:

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
Bruno - to pee or not to pee!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 20:33:58 PM »
Hi all

Hope everyone is well.

Quick question Bruno keeps going to the litter tray and pees a little and walks off, comes back a few mins later and tries to pee, doesn't.  And this is continuing during the day, mostly in the morning and late afternoon  (after eating). Any ideas? Bladder infection? Nothing to worry about?

Thanks

Nicola

Link to CatChat