Author Topic: Big eared kitten photos  (Read 4409 times)

Offline Cloveart

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Kizzie and Tiggie
Re: Big eared kitten photos
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2017, 20:52:24 PM »
Don't Egyptian cats have big ears? Maybe they've inherited a gene.
The Office Cats (unashamed self-promotion): http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,47624.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2016, 20:09:44 PM »
THEY ARE GORGEOUS AND SO NORTY FOR LOKI TO WORRY YOU SO............AND THE VET!

I WOULD JUST CALL THEM MOGGIE MYSELF, NOTHING WRONG IN BEING A MOGGIE IN FACT MOGGIES ARE PURE CLASS  ;D ;D

Offline Judecat (Paula)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Emo, Bob and Pippa, Pirate and Merlin. Playing hard on The Bridge, Trouble, Jude, Mogwai and Pussmog
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2016, 11:58:00 AM »
I call them moggies, including my 1/2 bred NFC, she isn't a purebred so Emo is a moggie :shify:

Loki (nawtey boy :evillaugh:) and Luna are adorable :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:, do they have the oriental voices? We can never have enough kitten photo's on here so please post away :wow:
Oscar Wilde on his adored Mog "The Mighty Atom that purrs and furrs"

Offline Vienna

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Loki & Luna
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2016, 18:44:34 PM »
Also, would you call a 1/4 breed cat a x breed? I had someone ask is my male x Siamese and got wondering (not that it matters) as I always think of crossbreed as two purebred direct x, and mine a cat mongrel lol

Offline Vienna

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2016, 17:37:21 PM »
I hope their ears stay .  their Mum has massive ears but the moggy colour, but as she is a direct cross I understand it, these are only 1/4 so I expected them to look less like it!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2016, 15:15:04 PM »
Norty Loki to worry his meowmy like that!  :hug:

They are both utterly adorable  :Luv2:

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2016, 00:30:12 AM »
Oh dear, what a performance.  :hug:  :evillaugh:

The wormer acts by paralysing the worms so they they are unable to hang on and are passed in the faeces, sometimes looking very much alive but actually dying. Some are passed as dead but intact worms and yet others die and are broken down in the GI tract before being expelled.  I've never heard of them being passed other than in faeces or vomit after treatment and I doubt they could survive outside the body anyway, so I wouldn't worry about them being in the home.

They are gorgeous kitties.  :Luv2:    I wonder if their bodies will eventually grow to match their ears.  That often happens but Loki and Luna do have particularly magnificent ears, so maybe not.  ;D

Offline Vienna

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2016, 19:14:19 PM »
They went to the Vet today . . what could go wrong, after all, they'd be at a Vets right?

Turns out when I named Loki he took it as a hint as to what to be like; they had their flea treatment (Advocate on the neck) ... all is well. His eye has cleared up & the Vet says it's fine now. I pay, I leave. I get home, let them out & Loki proceeds to scratch his neck with a back paw & taste it! Cue lots of trips to the water bowl & face pulling

I call the Vet to just confirm it's not dangerous if swallowed, of course the Vet isn't able to talk but the Receptionist asks the VN & he says I have to bring him back (They can keep him!) & they'd never heard of a cat doing that (nor me)  :-: I asked if it was *really* necessary, and yes, yes it was

We zoom over there, Loki telling the taxi driver all about the trauma I put him through . . go almost runnning up the stairs & the Vet has a 5 second look & pronounces him totally ok & then goes on to tell me he had one client put the Advocate down her cat's throat as she thought it was done like wormers  :Crazy:

Thankfully the Vet didn't charge . . cue one very smug Loki suddenly purring & all content, where minutes earlier he had been on the verge of calling the RSPCA for abuse  :shify:

Of course, he had gotten out of the carrier making poor me noises just to add to his case.

On the plus side, both are doing well . . Luna was 890g on 1st September & is now 1.27kg & Loki was 960g on 1st & is now 1.25kg (1.26kg when he got back on, he was like someone at WW/SW who gained a pound & takes something off to try to shift it, on/off on/off) The Vet said Loki should be bigger than Luna but it could be worms & he has just passed some Roundworms  :sick:

Will they pass if he isn't going to the toilet? (As in appear in the home) . . I have messaged to ask if he should be wormed every 2 weeks for now as the Vet said monthly (I think) & they had Milbemax. I suspected they'd have them anyway but it's the first time i've seen them . . still waiting to see if Luna does.

How does it get them to shift out of their bowel? They were alive so it didn't kill them, what makes them evict themselves XD

Finally, neutering will be at 5-6 months or Loki can be castrated when he is 2kg, so I have to feed him. I may add Loki's 'hiding on the wardrobe so she leaves me alone' pic soon x

Offline Mymblesdaughter

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Xander and Buffy
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 09:43:57 AM »
Beautiful, i love the spidery stage when they are all legs and ears.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2016, 08:43:37 AM »
Wonderful, I love big-eared cats!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »
Oooooooooo - now that's a delightful sight first thing of a morning!!   ;D ;D ;D

Keep those piccies coming!   Aren't they growing too.  Those long lithe leggings are gorgeous.   :)

Offline Sonya(Buttersmum)

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Butter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 23:23:19 PM »
 ;D Gasjuss kitties  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Vienna

• Kitten
Big eared kitten photos
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 22:23:49 PM »
I just can't resist posting yet more photos of my two kittens, I am starting to think I should've named them Noddy & Big Ears!

Link to CatChat