Author Topic: Well Done Westgate Ark Volunteers!!!  (Read 16457 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Well Done Westgate Ark Volunteers!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 11:20:00 AM »
The Girls from Mog on The Tyne have been absolute stars!  ;D  As have you all.  It wasn't a very nice day for the hobble, so hats off to everyone who took part.

Am hoping that more donations will come in, to give this fund a boost.  The people at Moorview Vets do a fantastic job of supporting the Ark.

I feel very humbled when I think how lucky we've been to have adopted three of the most incredible cats who had come into the Ark's care.   :Luv:  Without them, our lives would be a great deal poorer. 

Offline emmmy_lou

• Super Cat
    • Dextersdream custom pet jewellery
  • Slave to: denzel & dexter and now evie
Re: Well Done Westgate Ark Volunteers!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 10:54:59 AM »
Aaw, Thanks Sue - and thankyou for your donation!

My legs are a little sore today, it was harder than I thought. Worst bit was after getting the Metro back to St James's walking up the hill back to the Ark!

The girls from Mog on the Tyne were amazing. They had a £100 cheque and then an additional £90.50 from customer donations and their tip jar  :wow:

The online donations really helped, easier for people to click some buttons rather than having to get a cheque/ cash to us  ;D
Custom pet jewellery www.dextersdream.etsy.com

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Well Done Westgate Ark Volunteers!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:07 AM »
Westgate Ark, the absolutely brilliant cat rescue which allowed us to adopt Moray, Malt and Barley did a "sponsored Hobble" at the weekend.  A great number of volunteers took part in raising funds for the veterinary fund,  and a Giant banana and a stretcher bearing team were involved with a "patient cat" being stretchered the whole way from the ark premises in Newcastle Upon Tyne to the Veterinary - around 8 miles in total.

Considering it was raining and muggy they did a great job.

Much fun was had, and much needed monies raised for the rescue fund.  Piccies can be found here:

https://www.facebook.com/westgateark

If anyone would be able to help swell the coffers a little more, the fund has a Justgiving page, link below:

https://crowdfunding.justgiving.com/catcare-northeast

I can't praise the dedicated volunteers and fundraisers highly enough.  They do a wonderful job, and they do of course include our very own Emmy_Lou    :cheer:

Hope everyone's blisters are hurting less this morning.   :)

Link to CatChat