Author Topic: The oldest dilemma....which cat tree to purchase!!  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: The oldest dilemma....which cat tree to purchase!!
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2016, 07:16:41 AM »
Yes indeed, poor Jaffa.  :hug:  :-[ Thankfully, the two we have, have got the hammocks low down, so even if it did snap (which it looks very well constructed) there'd be no more than a matter of four inches to flop.   ;)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2016, 06:50:35 AM »
Just be careful with the zooplus ones (I have had a few and currently have the Catherine one which I'm happy with).  Those with long memories will recall the photo I posted of  mine that snapped in half due to Jaffa lying in the hammock  :shify:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2016, 05:45:17 AM »
 ;)  excellent taste

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Bebe & Bruno
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2016, 21:00:43 PM »
We kinda already have that one:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2016, 20:59:37 PM »
http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/large/large_cat_trees_height_180_cm/84900

This is the other one.  Also very sturdy.  The two together accommodate our 3 plus 2  visitor cats

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2016, 20:57:10 PM »
Zooplus.  Ruddy predictive text!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2016, 20:49:48 PM »
http://m.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/medium/medium_cat_tree_height_160_cm/469343

This was one of ours from surplus.  Very sturdy.  Am looking for the other one

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2016, 17:46:04 PM »
I recently purchased a Russell hardy cat tree and would definitely recommend it. Pricey but very stable, made from sold wood and don't wobble. I got the one with 2 beds and a tunnel. Mosi and Kito are obsessed with it. When it arrived in January the bed was abandoned at night as they preferred the beds on the cat tree. They still love it. I think I've had my money's worth just in 4 months!

They look lovely but far too expensive for the size we are looking for. Looking for a large tree to be able to accommodate 4 cats!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2016, 14:45:11 PM »
we've got two really sturdy ones.  Will see if I can recall which ones they were.  They weren't too expensive as they've been on special offer.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 13:33:53 PM »
I recently purchased a Russell hardy cat tree and would definitely recommend it. Pricey but very stable, made from sold wood and don't wobble. I got the one with 2 beds and a tunnel. Mosi and Kito are obsessed with it. When it arrived in January the bed was abandoned at night as they preferred the beds on the cat tree. They still love it. I think I've had my money's worth just in 4 months!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2016, 12:55:12 PM »
I've got this one

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/scratching_posts/medium/medium_cat_tree_height_160_cm/13534

I have had it about 8 years and over that time 5 cats have used it

Offline NikNakNoo

• Senior Cat
The oldest dilemma....which cat tree to purchase!!
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2016, 12:41:22 PM »
Hi all

Loving the sunshine!!!

Anyways as some of you may know we are adding kitty number 4 to our household.

They are all indoor cats and at present share one large cat tree, one huge scratching post and one hammock. I want to get another cat tree so they don't have to share with the new arrival if they don't want to.

I'm looking for a cat tree that can fit a 5.6kg ginger boy and that is stable. A lot of cat trees, you read the reviews and the one downside of most is its stability. I did look at kitty city stuff but many people say it doesn't last long in multi cat households. Happy to spend around £80 so please knowledgeable people, what options are there??

Link to CatChat